Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

WOODY themed Frontierland Expansion?!!?!?!

Do not tell me there is going to be a 2007-2008 Frontierland expansion featuring stupid Woody and friends!!!

• Banned User

Too much Pixar...Journey To The Center of The Earth would be far better

• Banned User

OMG If I see one more CARTOON attraction in any disney park I will begin to lose hope. They're headnig the wrong way. Who the hell cares about Woody?

I care! jk
    But yeah I do think a Eticket would be better use of that land, I once
    had an idea that they could clone the Indy ride from Paris and retheme it to Davy Crocket. I think a Davy Crocket ride besides canoes would be great!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Do not tell me there is going to be a 2007-2008 Frontierland expansion featuring stupid Woody and friends!!!
    No...Hell No...#$*# No Man, I believe you'd get your #@$ kicked for saying something like that.
    Okay, Office Space outta da way, uh...no...No...NO!
    There are countless better ways to use that land!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Banned User

^I'm sorry. I just didnt understand that post.

• Banned User

People should complain on the Disneyland website if they dont want more cartoon rides. Apperantly they listen to comments and critiscism now thanks to Matt Ouimet.

• Banned User

I emailed DL, and made it VERY polite and I sort of "dumbed myself down" a little, asking why in the world did certain rides close?

I got a copied-and-pasted reply, something like:

"Regrattably, the information you have requested has yet to be determined. Thank you for emailing Disneyland Resort."

what a complete joke.

• Banned User

It is going to happen.

For half the price of an e-ticket, they can add a d-ticket and two c-tickets. This will add more capacity, at lower price, with lower operational costs.

Disneyland already has 10 E-Tickets. It doesn't need more. The park is at capacity. It doesn't need to add more big e-ticket attrractions to bring in bigger crowds. It needs smaller attractions to expand the capacity.

It seems to me that 90% of the people on this board are living in d-nile.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

The absolute last thing DL needs is a dumbed down kiddy area, ala Flik's in DCA or the Dino Carneyland in AK.

The Festival Arena and the surrounding area is largest area left in DL, and really the only area where DL can expand beyond it's exitsting border. Plans for this area need to be Grandiose in style and Imagineering.

And here's a tip for Matt: a Woody Carousel ain't that grand an idea.

Walt thought big, so must current management.

• The Uber Film Geek

It's amazing to me how much people overreact on message boards. Look, let's look at the facts here:

1) This was Jim Hill story. He doesn't have a perfect track record with these things, so why assume that such a plan is written in concrete?

2) Al Lutz also made a report about a Frontierland Expansion that was VERY DIFFERENT than Jim Hill's. Now, Al may have been incorrect as well. We just don't know. But why believe Jim Hill over Al Lutz? The percentages, IMO, are on Al's side.

Frontierland needs more rides. Badly. The land has only a handful of attractions, and only one of them (BTTMRR) is an attraction that draws people into the actual heart of the land. Therefore, a multiple ride expansion is indeed likely in the future. Why wouldn't Disney look at the possibilities of an E-ticket? If I recall Al's report correctly, the speculation was that THREE rides could be made - a C-, D-, and E-ticket. Would people be as opposed to a Woody's Round-Up concept if it was but one of three rides, and the smallest/least significant one at that? Personally, I wouldn't. Frontierland would greatly benefit from such a C-ticket.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Banned User

In the late '90s Frontierland had that Woody show...it bombed and was there for what, two months?

I must admit, Jim Hill is barely ever completely right. Plus He gives reports of "what would have been". He could just be making them up, since they dont exist!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    ^I'm sorry. I just didnt understand that post.
    Sorry, bad joke, it's just a quote from the movie "Office Space". It's just a line displaying disgust at an idea, in the case of the movie, "someone's got a case of the monday's". In my case, "Woody's Frontierland Expansion".

Sorry for the mix-up!
    In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of fate.

DoppelV

• Minion

What's so wrong with cartoon rides? I was walking through there last time and thought it wouldn't be so bad. Flame away!

• Banned User

The problem is that their are way to many Pixar/cartoon rides going into the park. Too much of anything is a bad thing.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast