Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i hate starting a new thread but.... (A Tomorrowland Discussion)

i was wondering if anyone has any info on tommorowland. I remember maybe 6 months ago. Maybe on mouseplanet.com? they were planning on removing the horrible rock formation monstrosities from the entrance to tommorowland. Has anyone else heard this ?

My Maleficent tattoo

Re: i hate starting a new thread but....

Fool! How are you supposed to remove things from the future?!? :P

• been away for a while

Quote Originally Posted by woxel1
    Fool! How are you supposed to remove things from the future?!? :P
    wow... good point , so the only way to change tommorowland is with a time machine eh?? hmmmmmm

My Maleficent tattoo

• Disneyland Nomad

I haven't heard a word....or maybe I did....yeah I think last week someone was talking about that. What I remember is someone said "they are sick of people climbing on them and falling off." Then someone was a smart alec and was "like that will ever happen"...if CMs are talking about it I'm sure somethings been said. Then they started talking about who forgot a plug earlier. I hate the rocks too, for the afore mentioned reasoning the other CM said. "STAY OFF THE ROCKS......PLEASE STEP DOWN!!"

• Zero Blockout Dates

Anyone know what's being planned in the future for Tomorrowland? I mean they can't just leave it the way it is. A total reworking of Tomorrowland is LONG OVERDUE. That log jam of rocks and the Astro Orbiter at the front entrance to Tomorrowland is just one of it's MANY woes. I'm surprised they haven't torn most of Tomorrowland out yet and built something interesting instead of embarrassing themselves by leaving such a travesty right in the open for guests to see.

If I could make any change I wanted to the "Resort" it'd be to tear out the long dead Carousel of Nothing Much Interesting, reimagine Tomorrowland heading it right down Harbor Blvd. use Tomorrowland to join DL to DCA.

That's right, I said it. One Park.

How's that for Imagineering?

• been away for a while

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    Anyone know what's being planned in the future for Tomorrowland? I mean they can't just leave it the way it is. A total reworking of Tomorrowland is LONG OVERDUE. That log jam of rocks and the Astro Orbiter at the front entrance to Tomorrowland is just one of it's MANY woes. I'm surprised they haven't torn most of Tomorrowland out yet and built something interesting instead of embarrassing themselves by leaving such a travesty right in the open for guests to see.

If I could make any change I wanted to the "Resort" it'd be to tear out the long dead Carousel of Nothing Much Interesting, reimagine Tomorrowland heading it right down Harbor Blvd. use Tomorrowland to join DL to DCA.

That's right, I said it. One Park.

How's that for Imagineering?

it's wierd to me that they are changing the rest of tommorowland back to the silver / blue / white theme , yet they keep the horrible gold and bronze asto orbiter and golden-log-rocks at the entrance , seems like with the opening of NEMO next year , they would want to open that up , to get as many people in tommorow land as possible.. or am i wrong here?

My Maleficent tattoo

• Zero Blockout Dates

I agree with you but who are we, no?

Guess we'll see.

Whole thing's a mess though. They could scrap everything but Space Mountain, Autopia, Subs/Nemo, Monorail, Train Station and have a lot of room to add new stuff. While they're at it, reimagine the Grand Canyon/Primeval World too.

I still say if they tore down the Carousel of Progressed they could really open up DL and, if they wanted it, they 'd have prime real estate to make a new land/reimagine Tomorrowland and ... join the parks. I'm park hopping all day already. How cool would a straight shot from The Materhorn/Space Mountain to the Hollywood Tower Hotel be?

It's never finished as long as we can dream ...

• been away for a while

I agree with you but who are we, no?

Guess we'll see.

Whole thing's a mess though. They could scrap everything but Space Mountain, Autopia, Subs/Nemo, Monorail, Train Station and have a lot of room to add new stuff. While they're at it, reimagine the Grand Canyon/Primeval World too.

I still say if they tore down the Carousel of Progressed they could really open up DL and, if they wanted it, they 'd have prime real estate to make a new land/reimagine Tomorrowland and ... join the parks. I'm park hopping all day already. How cool would a straight shot from The Materhorn/Space Mountain to the Hollywood Tower Hotel be?

It's never finished as long as we can dream ...
    i'm not quite sure what you mean about connecting the parks via tommorowland? i agree with getting rid of inno-junk-tions aka the Crousel Of Progress

My Maleficent tattoo

• Zero Blockout Dates

Wink Re: i hate starting a new thread but....

Google Earth the park sometime and look at the layout along Harbor Blvd. Start at either Space Mountain or better yet, Innovtions and draw an imaginary line down to the TOT in DCA. You'll see that while it does pass through a warehouse and perhaps some offices, most of the space seems to taken up by tram/bus parking, disney access roads and what looks to be like fairly limited amount of CM parking. Lotsa room to expand and (in my wilder dreams) join the two parks. Clean out some of the debris in Tomorrowland (Like The Carousel) and we're talking about pretty large chunk of prime Disney real estate.

The area I'm talking about is basically all the back area that the monorail is covering these days after it leaves Tommorrowland in DL to about where the back of Monsters Inc. Starts in DCA

Just wishful thinking. I got lost in the "Well after we get rid of the rocks and put the Astro Orbiter back where it was, then what..." rush of thought. <evil chuckle> My bad [smilie=1,13,6]

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Tomorrowland was long one of my favorite areas of the park until the 1998 abomination during the Pressler/Harris era.

How about saving the carousel for a 21st Century version of the old Carousel of Progress? Would that be possible?

Do you really think that they would make just one park? What would the single-day admission be? $100 or more???
    Ouch.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    Tomorrowland was long one of my favorite areas of the park until the 1998 abomination during the Pressler/Harris era.

How about saving the carousel for a 21st Century version of the old Carousel of Progress? Would that be possible?

Do you really think that they would make just one park? What would the single-day admission be? $100 or more???
    Ouch.

--Barry
    What's a single day admission to EPCOT cost?

Curiouser and curiouser!

• Zero Blockout Dates

What's a single day admission to EPCOT cost?

Ages 10+
    1-Day 2-Day 3-Day 4-Day 5-Day 6-Day 7-Day 8-Day 9-Day 10-Day
    $63.00 $125.00 $181.00 $195.00 $199.00 $202.00 $204.00 $206.00 $208.00 $210.00

Ages 3-9 years
    1-Day 2-Day 3-Day 4-Day 5-Day 6-Day 7-Day 8-Day 9-Day 10-Day
    $52.00 $103.00 $149.00 $160.00 $162.00 $164.00 $165.00 $167.00 $169.00 $171.00

Tips Gardens of the World behind the scenes tour costs $49 plus Epcot admission - looks at gardens and landscaping
    Hidden Treasures East and West costs $49 plus Epcot admission - explores architecture of the international pavilions
    Hidden Treasures Plus - includes East and West tour plus lunch and backstage tour of Epcot
    Behind the Seeds Tour in The Land pavilion lasts an hour and costs $6 for adults and $4 for kids ages three to nine
    Dive Quest is for open-water-certified divers. Tour lasts 3 1/2 hours and includes a 30-minute dive with the fish in the Living Seas. Cost is $140 oer diver and includes all gear, a tee-shirt and refreshments. You can get a video of your dive for $30. Reservations: 407-WDW-TOUR. Adults only.

When I say DCA should be joined to DL I mean as "new" LANDS not extra fees.

They're already issuing park hopper passes. See even management knows as MUCH as we may LOVE DCA (And I do really love DCA) it's not worth much to us as it's own park. Never was, never will be. But as new lands in Disneyland it could strengthen the resort and DCA could become a win-win for everyone.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry

Ouch.

--Barry

Disneyland must be entered by means of Mainstreet forever until the mountains slip gracefully into the sea and mankind has long disappeared from the earth

er.....except for the Monorail! Period. (Edited to move period. )

The day that they put a second entry gate in or join the two parks will be the day that Disneyland will truly die.

I have spoken.

....and then modified what I said due to the fact that I forgot about the Monorail. :
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 05-12-2006 at 10:46 AM.

• been away for a while

on kind of a diffrent note , could they even paint the asto orbiter white and blue?? would that look to silly? also i could see connecting the parks , but , it would have to be another gate of some sort , and i would have to go over the enterance to the resort , seems like more of a hassle to me ,

My Maleficent tattoo

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Disneyland must be entered by means of Mainstreet forever until the mountains slip gracefully into the sea and mankind has long disappeared from the earth. Period.

Who said anything about entering DL via anything other than Main Street. I mentioned entering DCA via Tomorrowland. Remove DCAs front gates all together and fill in it's share of the entrance plaza with more attractions. Loop a road back to Main Street to keep the park "circulating".

If you mean you must enter each land via Main Street, consider Toon Town, it's not off of Main Street at all.

You're missing the entire point of the thread...Tomorrowland is a sad pathetic mess, are there any plans to change that? All this spun out of that.

And IMHO while DCA is a very fun area it's hardly a "Park" and definitely not enough of one to be considered a stand alone Disney Park. Hence, it's lower than stellar numbers. Instead of letting it sit there undervisited and underloved why not pull it into the grand scheme and make it all ONE better park?

You may have spoken, but I'll bet you 20 bux one day the two parks will be joined. Money and space almost dictate it now and definitely will in the future.

Just my $0.02

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast