Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.

superstar limo/monsters inc

I am sorry but I totally disagree with the Monsters Inc ride at DCA. While the characters are neat-o, I am sick of cartoons. The entire resort should be named Pixar's Toonland.

Also, lots of people say it's "better than nothing". Since when should we settle for "better than nothing" at Disneyland (or DCA, or any Disney park)?

• The Uber Film Geek

I agree. We should get rid of all movie based attractions. Who wants a cheap ride about Peter Pan anyway?
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Still lost in Neverland

ACCH!! What!! No Peter Pan!!! NO No No NO. Heart Attack!! I have to find a Peter Pan avatar somewhere.

Movie rides are what almost every ride in Disneyland or DCA is based on. Almost. I don't mind a movie ride based on Pixar movies at all. My favorite Pixar movie, for originality is Monsters Inc.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Minion

I just hope that Monsters Inc is more on the level of Buzz opposed to Pooh.

• Banned User

The problem--Monsters Inc is basically going to be cardboard flats. Very basic, like Mr. Toad. I will be flamed for this, but I almost want Limo back. And operational.

• Banned User

How do you know its going to be cardboard flats???

• Banned User

That's what I heard.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Has anyone heard of anything unusual about this Monsters ride? I am VERY skeptical about this attraction, and I don't think Monsters Inc belong in the Hollywood section.

With Roger Rabbit, at least they added a new spin on things, and a terrific queue. Indy outdid that with it's queue and ride vehicle. Pooh was underwhelming and downgrade from the previous attraction. With Buzz, you are the one moving in the shooting arcade.

But Monsters just doesn't have that extra special something that is required of any Disney dark ride. It seems to be a downgrade of an attraction that just couldn't cut it. A different dressing on superstar ain't gonna do it.

well at one point Michael (of Miboards) said that WDI was looking at having some animatronics in the ride as well as static figures but apparantly whent he budget was finalized the animatronic figures were dropped

I have head that this will be on the level of Buzz and I'm going to also remind people that ALL the sources have said "Static Figures" not cardboard flats (though i could also point out that Pooh isn't cardboard except for the sets and that the figures are infact 3D static models)

there was more wrong with Pooh then just the effects attractions also need good writing and good planning

we have no idea WHAT effects will be used in the ride or what kind of experience it might turn out to be, why not wait and see how it turns out before being so quick to judge. It COULD be the Next Buzz, WDI could find a good use for the screens on the vehicals and they could find some neet ways to make you feel very involved with the ride

either way I think it will turn out better than the Limo and if it doesn't? well I'm sure Disney will try again

my only REAL concern is that the ride had better at some point relate back to WHY it's in the Hollywood backlot, if it's themed as a build up in the que or has some sort of explanation provided in the ride then it'll all work out great

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Also, lots of people say it's "better than nothing". Since when should we settle for "better than nothing" at Disneyland (or DCA, or any Disney park)?
    I used that same line of attack when I went after Soarin' Over California for it's patented brand of cheap stupidity... sadly it didn't really work. LOL. Oh well live and learn
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by captveg
    I agree. We should get rid of all movie based attractions. Who wants a cheap ride about Peter Pan anyway?

Okay, Disny started out as movies, it is movies, if they made a ride say like just a dark ride that wasn't based on one of there movies what would they base it on? Disneyland = Disney = Disney movies... Pixar and disney teamed up and created some amazing movies, and I think a Mosters Inc. Ride would be so much fun! I love monsters inc. Never, NEVER judge a book by it's cover. it's one thing to say, I heard it's gonna be cardboard flats, then it is to know... When it's open, try it, if it sucks, then it does, if it doesnt it doesnt!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• The Uber Film Geek

Some sarcasm detectors are not properly tuned in, it seems.
    My DVDs
    "Every view they hold on you's a piano out of tune
    You're an angel, you're a demon, you're just.... human." - James, Lullaby

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

If we got rid of every movie attraction in DL we would only have
    -Space Mountain
    -Small World
    -Big Thunder
    -Haunted Mansion
    -Pirates
    -Jungle Cruise
    -Tiki Room
    -All the cars on Mainstreet
    -Innoventions
    -Matterhorn
    -Autopia

and thats it.

Why don't wait until we have more info on the ride and maybe some inside deatils until we start to judge okay? This could be a very good ride like Buzz. Just because its not an E ticket doesn't mean it will be bad. Look at Buzz. Its a D ticket and it has super long lines lately.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    hmm, actually, Haunted Mansion is now based on a movie, hense the floating leota, and different face, and POTC is now based on a movie to... They might of came out before, but since theres now movies... well.. So were looking at, Small world, Big Thunder, Jungle Cruise, Tiki Room, All the main street cars, Innoventions, Matterhorn, autopia... Hmm, if this was like this, disneyland would suck

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• The one, the only...

I agree!

I love Monsters Inc. and would love to have a ride with that theme. But I do agree that it is crazy to believe that just because a ride is connected to a movie makes it good. (The pooh ride is an example. What a stinky ride!!!) There needs to be some imagination going on. If DCA is about California, can't they find more rides that are connected to the state in some way? :confused:
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast