What is the maximun capacity of Disneyland Park?

Thread: What is the maximun capacity of Disneyland Park?

Tags: None
  1. Barbaraann said:

What is the maximun capacity of Disneyland Park?

With all the talk about the anniversary day of July 17, probably drawing record crowds, I was wondering just what is the maximum capacity of Disneyland Park? Anyone know this?

Kevie said:
    Probably around 75,000 people. Or maybe about 80,000.
  3. Barbaraann said:
    Thanks for the speedy answer. Can you see 80,000 people all walking down Main Street, wearing Golden Mouse Ears?

Kevie said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Thanks for the speedy answer. Can you see 80,000 people all walking down Main Street, wearing Golden Mouse Ears?
    I hope not-those things are UGLY. They look like old, faded, worn out yellow mouse ears.

Your welcome, remember that answer was an estimate...but probably close to correct. WDW's Magic Kingdom (which is larger, not more rides, but more SPACE) holds about 95,000 max. So I just subtracted a bit for Disneyland since it's smaller.

Lost Boy said:
    Some days I swear it seems like Disneyland has a million people it. You can't move in any direction and forget going on any rides. Those days I hate.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Ghostbuster626 said:
    I hope the general public gets tricked by Disney Marketing to either go on May 5th. to Disneyland or go to Walt Disney World instead. So that its just a couple of hundred disney fans like us their on the 17th.
  7. Barbaraann said:
    In regards to being there on the 17th of July, we will pack our Patience, along with plenty of sunscreen, a good hat, a water bottle, plenty of film, money for souvenirs, a fully charged cell phone, clean socks, and our childlike curiosity. I am sure it will be a "once in a lifetime" day, and I do not want to miss it.

dramaqueen said:
    According to C.W. Oberleitner, max capacity is between 75-85,000 people. There is no set number.

DCA's is currently around 32,000. There are many factors which determine max capacity which is why it is not a set number.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

9. Stargirl said:
    I remember when the electric parade was closing...I believe they stopped selling tickets when the park reached 70,000 becasue they said, with pass holders, there were something like 85,000 people...and they had back stage behind main street opened for people to walk down...

I also think I remember hearing that that they consider adding a third Fantasmic when crowds top 55,000 or something close to that?
    525,600 minutes...how do you measure, measure a year?

pyrateslife4me84 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    According to C.W. Oberleitner, max capacity is between 75-85,000 people. There is no set number.

DCA's is currently around 32,000. There are many factors which determine max capacity which is why it is not a set number.
    Right...it varies day to day based on how many rides are open, how many vehicles they are running at each attraction, how many walkways are open, and such. Needless to say, maximum capacity will be the highest it has been in years by July 15th, when Space reopens.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

dramaqueen said:
    Good point! It is easy to forget how long space mountain has been down!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Ghostbuster626 said:
    ahhh July 15th. It will signify the end of one era and the beginning of a new

Alan said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    In regards to being there on the 17th of July, we will pack our Patience, along with plenty of sunscreen, a good hat, a water bottle, plenty of film, money for souvenirs, a fully charged cell phone, clean socks, and our childlike curiosity. I am sure it will be a "once in a lifetime" day, and I do not want to miss it.
    I hope you like groping. You will most of the time feel like a sardine in a very small can.
    >>Alan<<
    Member 216

Kevie said:
    Space Mtn went down 4/9/2003. More than two years ago.

Club 33 said:
    Quote Originally Posted by MotorBoatCruise2005
    Space Mtn went down 4/9/2003. More than two years ago.
    Actually, EXACTLY 2 years ago, plus one day.