Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Question Why do people hate the AP at DL.

I am not a Aper (yet) I go every year but I hope by next year to be a APer.
    Why, so I can go to DL when ever I want. I think it is cool they have a pass that lets you in when you want to go in DL.
    So why are people aganist it? It great for local people and other people that live near DL.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Re: Why do people hate the AP at DL.

No one dislikes APers... as long as they behave like a normal guest and conduct themselves with common courtesy. Vic & I have had passes for several years and enjoy the freedom of visiting the park whenever we want. The problems arise when APers feel that they are something special and demand special treatment. In other words, when they behave like boors.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    No one dislikes APers... as long as they behave like a normal guest and conduct themselves with common courtesy. Vic & I have had passes for several years and enjoy the freedom of visiting the park whenever we want. The problems arise when APers feel that they are something special and demand special treatment. In other words, when they behave like boors.
    I agree with what Tom has said here. In many cases I've read about here, AP'ers do a better job of representing things around the park to new visitors than many CM's do. I have commented in the past that the AP makes going to Disneyland a somewhat different experience than it was 25-30 years ago in terms of number of visits, but I certainly don't have anything against APers. I am now one myself (albeit with one of the limited SoCal AP's).

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Also, some people who don't pay a lot for their AP just have it because it is cheap, and some of these people don't respect the park. But I don't think anyone hates it, I would have one if i lived closer. Who wouldn't?

• Zero Blockout Dates

If the people at DL hate APs why do they offer so many different ones.

Guests can be unpleasant creeps and trouble makers even if they DON'T have an AP. Wouldn't it be better to say they don't like disruptive, rude guests at DL?

I've had an AP for years and I've never had anyone but sales associates or counter people give me any grief mostly because I asked for my discount.

Get your AP and enjoy it.

• Silent Lucidity

My jealously of all you locals with your AP's has blinded me with hatred...

But, I'll get over it!

• Minion

I was at Disneyland yesterday for most of the day. The crowds were pleasant with the longest lines were for Splash and Space mountains. As the evening arrived I noticed that there were more and more guests pouring into the park. Space had a wait time of 25 minutes in the afternoon and last time I saw the wait time, at around 6, it was over an hour.

On my way out, around 7 pm, I noticed the entrance gates were flooded with guests, most of which I'm guessing were AP holders. DCA's lines were just as bad. After 6pm both parks went from pleasantly uncrowded to overwhelmingly crowded. It may be possible that some of the incomming guests were resort guests comming in from their hotels or from going out to dinner. But on the other hand I did strike up a conversation with a gal that was working security and she did mention that attendance does spike up quite a bit after 5pm and it is attributed to AP going to the park for the evening.

So, perhaps that is why the AP is disliked. That's my theory anyway. I know when I had an AP I would always go in the evenings during the summer, although it wasn't this bad in the 90's.

• For old time sake

As was said by Tom Chaney, it's when APer's DEMAND that because they "paid alot of money for their AP" then they shoudl get special treatment, that the "hate" comes into play. Yes it's a priviledge to have a pass, but don't treat the CM's and others like crap because YOU have a pass. It does not make you anymore special than anyone else in the park.
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Animatronic

I really don't think the AP is hated anymore than any other ticket. For me the AP is just a ticket. When I visit Florida it's a multi-day ticket and I get up early. When I visit Disneyland it's usually a few hours spread over a dozen days thanks to the AP. I also don't mind buying way more stuff than I could carry out in one trip. Now that I think about it, I spend way more per hour with the AP. Dang Disney, getting even more money from me!

• Banned User

Well, most of the time, APers feel like they are more entitled to the rights of the parks than regular guests. Right now, I do hold an AP because I fly out to LA about 5 times a year and me and my family visit DL and DCA from time to time when we're out there. Before I got an AP, I would see other APers be rude, demand more and such.

Example, quote from another forum which initials are SGT:

Ones at DLR can be pretty bad. I remember sitting talking to one of the people over at the sign that tells you how long the waits are for everything (name escapes me right now.), and Splash was down. I was talking about Indy, and that ice machine. Anyway this Annual Passholder storms up and goes "Why is Splash Mtn. closed!?" The CM responds "We're having technical difficulties." She then immediatly asks "When is it going to be back up then huh? Tell me!" The CM calmly responded "We don't know, it could be 10 minutes, it could be an hour. God, those people, they think you guys are psychic or something. Only thing I ask is if they know what caused it. I usually know what happens when things go wrong, especially with coasters.
    That's the general consencious(sp?) is when it comes to the image of an APer.

• I can't stand you.

You guys hate me? But...but but I love you guys =[

Anyway I know some APers might have that "paid alot of money for this thingy so bow at my feet" kinda thing but thats usually only a select few..a lot of APers I've ran into are usually really nice and helpful, as in if your asking for a recommendation on what to ride who better to ask (besides a CM their important too..dont hurt me) than a regular visiting APer?

Point in case locals with AP's aren't all bad people just trying to escape the daily horrors with a relaxing visit to Disneyland

• no flash photography...

I have had a few bad experinces with Ap holders. They can be very rude and just plain stupid acting....and how did I know they were AP holders....they tend to wear it proudly around thier necks. I know not everyone who wears thier pass around their necks behaves this way, but I feel if you are going to behave like an *** please hide your pass....you are giving all of us a bad name!

• See you there!

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    ...snip

On my way out, around 7 pm, I noticed the entrance gates were flooded with guests, most of which I'm guessing were AP holders. DCA's lines were just as bad. After 6pm both parks went from pleasantly uncrowded to overwhelmingly crowded. It may be possible that some of the incomming guests were resort guests comming in from their hotels or from going out to dinner. But on the other hand I did strike up a conversation with a gal that was working security and she did mention that attendance does spike up quite a bit after 5pm and it is attributed to AP going to the park for the evening.

So, perhaps that is why the AP is disliked. That's my theory anyway. I know when I had an AP I would always go in the evenings during the summer, although it wasn't this bad in the 90's.
    I don't get it. What I read here is that people with APs are disliked just because they USE their pass. This just doesn't make sense to me.

I've heard the some folks don't like AP holders because they are rude, obnoxious, etc. I really don't think you can say that just because a person is rude or obnoxious that they are an AP holder. I've see plenty of people who are there on a single day pass, or vacationing and just as rude, and I've overheard folks saying "Well, I paid $500, or $600 to Disneyland today for my family and I expect, I demand to get my money's worth"

I really, really feel that it is time to let this whole "Everyone and everything is bad in the parks because of AP holders". To lump ALL AP holders in with the unpleasant ones or all day guests with the unpleasant ones just seems plain wrong.

Let it go, go to DL to have fun, each of us should treat other customers (Disney speak, guests) with courtsey, and treat the CMs with courtsey. If everyone just treats each other how they would like to be treated and not, not make assumptions or false judgemets about others, things will be a whole lot better, not just at Disneyland, but everywhere.

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by CUatDL
    If everyone just treats each other how they would like to be treated and not, not make assumptions or false judgemets about others, things will be a whole lot better, not just at Disneyland, but everywhere.
    it's not an assumption or false judgement when you see the person who is behaving badly with their AP hanging around their necks. I don't think everyone assumes every person there behaving rudely is an AP holder, but my experience has been they make it rather obvious they are AP holders, either by displaying it or saying it.....and thats how the 1000's of ap holders got a bad name because of maybe 10 to 20 bad apples in the bunch...JMO..

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

I had a bad experience with an Aper, and a ticket person. I knew the person was an APer when she annoucned it on the ToT. She was yelling at a CM for a better seat since she paid well for her (select a few choice words) AP. The Ticket person was on GRR saying that the line was too long and someone who is not an AP should get better treatment.

However i know some APers, and they aren't evil or annoying since they know that they can come back at anytime.

I think the rude ones are ones who think themselves highly, and they really don't like the park, they just go becasue they can.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast