Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Animatronic

Kindergarden Imagineering

When I was around 5 or 6, I asked for fake birds and servos and ended up with a rather pathetic Tiki Room. This was followed by poking holes in the air tube in my fish tank so I could recreate the submarine dive. My parents even bought me a cardboard submarine and I could hit a switch which made the bubbles and turned on a red light. "Dive dive!". Still, it wasn't exactly like Disneyland. I modified my train set to take my sister's Barbie dolls through Nature's Wonderland, but that was no fun because the train was too small for me to ride in. My next and most sucessful attempt was changing my closet into a Mission to Mars. It's amazing what you can do with an offset motor from an old pool pump. Even adults liked that one becaues they could get vibrated.

I'm sure other people have stories at attempts to turn their homes (or closets) into Disney attractions.

• back in Austin

Re: Kindergarden Imagineering

LOL. I'm planning on imagineering something fun for my room, but I don't plan on turning it into one of the DL rides. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet, but I'll post pictures/video when I get to working on it.

• Queen of Randomness

I guess the closest I've come was having glow in the dark stars on my ceiling and have the soundtrack for Space Mountain...lol. But I do want my balcony to be all Tiki Room style.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• back in Austin

Yeah, the Tiki room idea is pretty appealing. My friends would all think I'm weird, but I'd enjoy it!

When I was in grade school I wanted to do some freaky stuff to my house for halloween but my plans all called for hardware that I couldn't afford!

bought the disneyland castle that included teacups splashmountain then tried to make a skyway connecting one shelf of the closet to another that way my "guest" could be transported to the other attractions.

• white and nerdy

I had a very close encounter with a very nasty fall on a sled trying to re-create splash mountain off of my roof with a hose.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

lol! i also made my own splash mountain or splash cement by making my friends ride on a skateboard and then turning on the sprinkles when they passed through.

• The Twilight Zone

Sorry for the picture being so big but anyways this is a pic of a tiki water fall i made for the schools jungle dance

• Minion

Smile Re: Kindergarden Imagineering

I used to have this really cool toy chest which was this big plastic tub with a plastic mountain on it. The mountain looked very much like Big Thunder Mountain and I used to set it up on the floor with some train tracks and made my own Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I've been on the lookout for such a toy chest at antique stores and yard sales. It was the coolest.

• The Twilight Zone

oh yeah i also made some of the jack ion boxes thta are in the attic of HMH i also have one of the hitch hicking ghost that i made he glows under a black light

To all new At Home Imagineers, may I introduce you to www.doombuggyproductions.com :-) (Hauntedholiday, I believe you are familiar with the site). Now, my addition: http://doombuggyproductions.com/GuestGallery.html I'm the first on the page. look for Brandon Hardy! I have much more stuff in the works and completed. I have to send some more pictures to the site owner soon. Happy Imagineering! Yensidtlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

• Disneymom

my 5 yr old, soon to 6 on the 18th, plays Disney all the time. She packs clothes and a suitcase and sets the kitchen up with dolls and stuff and proclaims that they are going to Disneyland. She loves it there and loves staying in hotels. We went this Easter with my friend and her kids and now they play Disneyland too.

• No marbles to begin with!

I tried to mimic the part on the Tower of terror where the room fades into the starfield. It's only the ceiling of my room but I think it went well. I just used those tiny glow in the dark star stickers and stuck them on my white stucco ceiling where they are basically invisible. Once the lights go out my cieling fades into a starfield. Great effect, especially since it only cost $11.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• Former Epcot CM

I'd love to Imagineer my room up, but not living close to any Disney parks, it is awkward to acquire materials and inspiration quickly enough. My walls are covered in park maps, posters and memorabilia so you know my room is geeked out, but I'd like to have something closer to attraction decor.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• ...TWO BITS!

I did drawings of different kinds of rides for USH & DIsneyland when I was little. I think I still have them somewhere in the house. Also I was pretending to be a tour guide for the USH studio tram tour. I had my cousin on a wagon and I meant to splash water around but some of the water ended up on her...

Yeah... memories.

Currently, I have a pirate flag on the wall of my college dorm and christmas lights up. Looks pretty neat.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast