Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Rainicorn.

Thumbs up MiceChat meetup on July 17!

(Okay, forgive me if there's a thread like this already.)

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a MiceChat meet up on the 50th Anniversary!

I just think it would be cool since we all converse on the boards, and anyone who is an MCer could meet up that day and.. we could take a nice group picture in front of the Partners statue if it was possible.

What do you think?
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Know More Than You Should

No, no, I think that's a great idea. Where should we meet? Not sure yet whether or not I'm going, but if I am I'd love to come meet some of you guys. No doubt a lot of MiceChatters will be attending.

• Rainicorn.

It would be nice to meet right in front of DL past the main gates (where the DLRR bridge is).. you know where the flowers are... or maybe in the hub!

I want to know if anyone is seriously thinking about doing this cause I would love to meet some of you!

Club 33, you should come. Maybe we could eat at the Bengal BBQ!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Banned User

Do you think there will be enough room inside DL on 7/17th/05 for all the online fans who are planning to meet at DL on this most Golden Day??? ..and how do we know Disney management won't open the park to only invited guests and the pesky press on that day??

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    ..and how do we know Disney management won't open the park to only invited guests and the pesky press on that day??
    They're doing that on May 4, oh pessimistic one. I'm just presenting the idea of it. I DOUBT they're going to close off the 50th Anniversary of the park to only press and APers. That would just be rude.

-- robotarmada.net --

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    (Okay, forgive me if there's a thread like this already.)

I was just wondering if anyone would be interested in having a MiceChat meet up on the 50th Anniversary!

I just think it would be cool since we all converse on the boards, and anyone who is an MCer could meet up that day and.. we could take a nice group picture in front of the Partners statue if it was possible.

What do you think?

I will be there!!!

• now on the mainland

Count me in! I'll already be flying across the country to be there. It would be even better to get to meet some of you!

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)
    I'm already planning on being there for the big day. I think it would be great to have a group meet photo with those golden ears.
    Best interview answer: My biggest weakness is my honesty...I can never remember my lies!

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcatime
    I'm already planning on being there for the big day. I think it would be great to have a group meet photo with those golden ears.
    That's what I was thinking!

There are some ideas for some "events" we MCers could do here! I think the mods should make this sticky so we can actually see this come into fruition! *cough*

Keep bumping this thread. I really want to take a picture with you guys. You have rekindled my love for Disneyland...

-- robotarmada.net --

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    I think a meet will happen, BUT...

First off, we need to wait until Disney announces its schedule of special events for that day...
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by CA_man_stuck_in_VA
    Count me in! I'll already be flying across the country to be there. It would be even better to get to meet some of you!
    I'm flying in as well... (Part 2 of nice grad gift..)
    (Part one is WDW in May. ..)

I can't wait to be waiting to get in EARLY.... (*incert sleepy smilie here*)

• ...or just Tonny

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    I think a meet will happen, BUT...

First off, we need to wait until Disney announces its schedule of special events for that day...
    Indeed. Like I siad in the other topic:

"I'm goig to visit the resort for the first time over the anniversary weekend, together with a friend of mine ( also a first timer ). Depending on if the current events are all that is planned or not, this does sound like a good idea. Having a big group lunch plus a ride or something afterwards.

I'm still hoping for a 50 hour party though, even though I should know better...."

As a first timer, I'll also need time to do the rides and all, and mostly for me this meet-up depends on what Disney itself will do ( 50 hour party, sigh ).

Anyway, perhaps it would be cool to have dinner with the entire group, and perhaps see the fireworks or something?

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries
    Well, this is a mjor weekend for some of us, for the last few years, one board (LaughingPlace) has had its big annual meet that weekend...

They rent out a private area in the park, and have a meal plus usually some special Disneyland related guests (Last year was the voices of Mickey and Minne Mouse, last meet was the original Tinkerbelle)... and then they offer a bunch of mini-meets starting a day or two before thru a day or two after... Part of that tradition is me having a party at the HoJo's in the evening... Plus hosting a gathering at the Cove Bar.

So as the time gets closer, I will be letting folks know about the meets I am planning to host, and events in general....

Heck, I know folks are talking about doing something on May 5th, and/or nearby dates... but everyone is waiting on Dsiney to release the schedule of events (basically the Media stuff) before scheduling....
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• Banned User

Im really hoping for the 50 hour party

• Hey, that's not Rose!

I think it would be cool if we all went on SM together right, so the first person in line can answer "326", or something when asked how many in our party. How funny would that be...
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast