Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: 5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +more!

Was wondering when you would do this, MasterGracey!

Great Pictures once again!

I actually noticed the Space Mountain strobe effect as well on Friday (around the entrance of Adventureland). Lol, I thought something had gone wrong!
    Last edited by A Disney Dreamer; 05-15-2006 at 06:32 PM.

• I Love Disneyland!!

Re: 5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +more!

Nice update! Thanks for the photos.

Do we know when that stage will be complete? Will this show preceed the POTC opening?

Is there a re-opening date for Cafe New Orleans and Pieces of Eight?
    (just wondering if they will be ready for the re-opening of POTC)
    I'm addicted and I don't care!!!

• Neep meep beep

Re: 5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +m

Love it! Surprised you didn't stand on a chair and get at least one photo of the Pirates refurb, but cest la vie...

Yeah, I saw the strobe effect back up on Friday, but didn't manage to get a shot of it.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by peoplemover1
    Nice update! Thanks for the photos.

Do we know when that stage will be complete? Will this show preceed the POTC opening?

Is there a re-opening date for Cafe New Orleans and Pieces of Eight?
    (just wondering if they will be ready for the re-opening of POTC)
    the Pirate stage should open along with the movie premiere/reopening of the attraction. According to Al Lutz, it is a show themed to the films.

Cafe Orleans reopens June 9

Pieces of Eight must reopen before June 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Love it! Surprised you didn't stand on a chair and get at least one photo of the Pirates refurb, but cest la vie...
    I'll be back at the parks on Wednesday I'll get you some Pirates refurb pics

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Re: 5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +m

Any chance they are going to sell the machines to Mouse Surplus? I'd love to have one, to sit in my living room...

• Banned User

Isn't Nemo getting a FP loading area?? perhaps these machines will be taken and rethemed for the area...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Isn't Nemo getting a FP loading area?? perhaps these machines will be taken and rethemed for the area...
    That's probably likely to happen. If they don't use the Star Tours machines, I'm sure they have other machines back in storage somewhere - Splash Mountain/Winnie the Pooh, Pirates, Muppet*Vision, "it's a small world"... You know.. they've got loads of them.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Goin2DL
    I can remember the summer Star Tours opened when the lines would be 3 hours long! We would wait until they were down to 90 minutes to get in line! Oh the days before FastPass.
    Ah yes back in the day when a line under an hour long was considered "walk on". Lol. If Star Tours gets a new movie and lines are long people can make that thier first ride of the day or wait in line. It's good for you, builds charecter.

• Banned User

haaha--I don't think it builds character, but it does get bodies out of the walkways and decrease congestion in the rest of the park, and that's the ONLY thing that's good about waiting in line (the good of the many is more important than the good of the few).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12