Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +more!

Went to Disneyland yesterday. Here's brief update. Enjoy

PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN STAGE
    First up, the rumored new stage with will play a part in the the rumored Pirates of the Caribbean show that will debut with the enhanced POTC and new film is underway. There's not much to see, but here are some photos

CAFE ORLEANS
    A few shots of Cafe Orleans. Still not much to look at, but construction pushes forward. It looks like they've laid down new tile on the floor though.

PIECES OF EIGHT CONSTRUCTION
    The gate was open in the pathway between Piece of Eight and Le Bat En Rouge. Pieces of Eight store was open and I tried to get some shots. A CM over by the postcard/candy cart across the way was eyeing me so I couldn't get anything good. Here's what I got though..

[enhanced in PhotoShop for your viewing pleasure]

STAR TOURS FASTPASS REMOVAL
    Construction walls are up

SPACE MOUNTAIN STROBE LIGHTS
    The strobe light show on the outside of Space Mountain is back working. I love this feature and am super happy its back and working. You can click the picture below for a 20-second video clip. The grand finale (which is a big strobe effect lighting up the entire Mountain instead of just one section at a time) of the mini-light show wasnt recorded cause my little digital camera ran out of time.

Click on the picture for 20-second video clip.

DISNEYLAND RESORT ENTRANCE SIGN
    Just a paint job...

Last edited by MasterGracey; 05-14-2006 at 08:26 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Re: 5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +more!

Another person who was there the same day as me...geesh. I swear I'm gonna run into SOMEONE who recognizes me one of these days!

Thanks for those pics...love POTC updates!

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: 5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +more!

Nice job MasterGracey! Thanks for the update!!!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• A Disneyland Hobo

Awesome pictures!

...There's a rumor about a new show for Pirates? And I haven't heard? Where've I been?! =3

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    STAR TOURS FASTPASS REMOVAL
    Construction walls are up

FINALLY! I mean this was reported how many years ago? Has it still been in use all this time? Or just sitting there unused?

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Wolffin
    Awesome pictures!

...There's a rumor about a new show for Pirates? And I haven't heard? Where've I been?! =3
    Yup! The construction is taking place pretty much right infront of and slightly to the side of Cafe Orleans. If Al Lutz is right, which I'm guessing he's on the money with this one, my pictures show the stage being built.

Check it out
    From Al Lutz' April 18, 2006 update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    The Disneyland Entertainment Department is getting in on the act, with plans for a small Pirates movie themed stage show near the remodeled Café Orleans restaurant. Roaming pirates, wenches and run-of-the-mill scallywags will wander the alleys and plazas of New Orleans Square. And if all goes as planned, pirates will hijack the usually sedate Sailing Ship Columbia (above) every 30 minutes as that sailing vessel circles Tom Sawyer Island. That last bit of entertainment should be interesting, since they tried the same type of thing almost ten years ago on the Columbia with rather mixed results. It was a little show that only lasted one summer in the mid '90s, but perhaps with a hyped up movie to fuel the fun it may be better received than the last time they tried something like that.
    ---------
    About Star Tours FP:

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    FINALLY! I mean this was reported how many years ago? Has it still been in use all this time? Or just sitting there unused?
    They've been sitting there unused for a LONG time. I've seen confused tourists trying to figure out why they're not getting any FastPasses from the machines despite the fact that they had to climb over a chain to get to the machines and there were signs that said "Disney's FastPass is not operating today"

Good riddance to those blasted machines - Star Tours certainly does not need them!

| | |

• Jail Bondswoman of RCMC

Blog Entries

Thank you Gracey!

It's about time htye got rid of those suckers, what a waste of space they were.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Great pictures!

Well, I always thought they left the FP machines in hopes that the ride would get an update. Guess not...pooh.

• No marbles to begin with!

Re: 5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +m

Great pictures! I can't wait to see what the new Pieces of eight store will look like.
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• Banned User

if Star tours gets an update it doesn't need FP.. just use the extanded queue it has thats barely used today...

• Banned User

Re: 5/13 PHOTO UPDATE: Pirates stage, Cafe Orleans, Pieces of Eight construction, +m

Of course Star Tours will need its FastPass machines when the new film goes in when 2008 rolls around--the lines will be an hour long every day. Who wants to wait an hour in line? No one I know. I'll take a FastPass any day.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Fabulous pictures MasterGracey! Thanks as always! I hope you don't get in trouble one of these days with your sneakiness!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

always nice to see updates

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Fabulous pictures MasterGracey! Thanks as always! I hope you don't get in trouble one of these days with your sneakiness!
    Thanks I almost did yesterday getting those Pieces of Eight pictures. Glad you enjoyed them!

| | |

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Of course Star Tours will need its FastPass machines when the new film goes in when 2008 rolls around--the lines will be an hour long every day. Who wants to wait an hour in line? No one I know. I'll take a FastPass any day.
    I can remember the summer Star Tours opened when the lines would be 3 hours long! We would wait until they were down to 90 minutes to get in line! Oh the days before FastPass.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast