Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Man of Logic and Reason

The Old Dapper Dans

I hate calling them that, but I guess if we now have new ones, the previous memebers must be the old ones. Anyway, I have video from several of their performances prior to their leaving, and it is almost all of the four regulars Shelby, Bill, Jim, and Bob (with the exception of a few videos with Jim Schamp). The links are here:

I had to break them up since the entire video is over an hour. Please let me know what you think and enjoy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2jq8dmuEPM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYiHBwAQGJI
    Also, if you have any good memories/pictures/anything about the Old Dans this would be a pretty appropriate place to put it. I know it's a little late seeing as how the new Dans are already in the park, but it seems like a nice way to bid farewell to the former show style, and it's performers.
    Last edited by Jackdack; 07-23-2006 at 05:09 PM.

• Know More Than You Should

Re: The Old Dapper Dans

I have a 45 minute video from the last day of the Dans (it was three regulars, Shelby Bill and Jim, plus one sub). I followed them around for most of the day and videotaped them singing 23 songs.

V Check out the link in my sig. V

Oh yea, I know, I just figured I could put mine up since it had their more regular set lists as opposed to the songs they sing when they have someone subing in. Also, I though it would be cool to get people's last words on the group.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackdack
    Oh yea, I know, I just figured I could put mine up since it had their more regular set lists as opposed to the songs they sing when they have someone subing in. Also, I though it would be cool to get people's last words on the group.
    Not trying to butt in or anything, but you did say to post if we had any Dapper Dans stuff to post it, so I did.

There's plenty of thread to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    Not trying to butt in or anything, but you did say to post if we had any Dapper Dans stuff to post it, so I did.

There's plenty of thread to go around.
    Sorry, but i thought you meant something like my video was here first, so this thread has a mute point or something like that. It's late and I'm sorry.

Sorry, but i thought you meant something like my video was here first, so this thread has a mute point or something like that. It's late and I'm sorry.
    Not at all! No worries.

I don't have the link handy, but in Google video, someone has posted the whole last set. It's about 45 minutes long.

• SpitSpot!

I had to break them up since the entire video is over an hour. Please let me know what you think and enjoy.
    What a treat! Thanks so much!
    "First of all I would like to make one thing perfectly clear.
    I never explain anything." Mary Poppins
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26132873@N00/

Quote Originally Posted by ificandream
    I don't have the link handy, but in Google video, someone has posted the whole last set. It's about 45 minutes long.

That would be me, and the link is in my sig.

• Happy 2007!

Thank you both for the videos. DD & I really appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by Club 33
    That would be me, and the link is in my sig.
    Yeah, I realized that after I posted the note. Thank you very much. My family loved the previous group of Dans. I've sent emails to Disneyland, but I doubt they care what we think.

hey guys. I just made this account because i need help. I need help to get the old dapper dans jobs back. They were great. Ive talked to them recently and some are having trouble finding jobs after 20 years of being in a barbershop quartett. others got worse jobs with less pay. They were only replaced to make way for the vision of the dapper dans created by the new head of entertainment from the florida disney land.

please go here

https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...=ContactUsPage

then send this message or a similar if you want to help and try to get their jobs back.

a couple months ago the original dapper dans were replaced by new young and energic dapper dans. This is all wrong. This is not what walt disney would have wanted. I know this because the only reason the dapper dans were replaced because the new head of entertainment from florida wanted to make the dapper dans like the florida dapper dans. They are automated and predicatable. The origanal group was different everytime, never missed a show, and new enough songs to take requests at any time. This is not so with the new group. I would like it if you would rehire the old dans. These new guys are young and have their whole lives ahead of them and could be anything. The original guys have been with disney for the past 20 years. There are no jobs for men who have done nothing but barbershop for most of their lives. They are out of work. Thy had just come out with a cd that they produced by themselves, they were the voices of the be sharps on the simpsons and the busts in the haunted mansion movie. The new guys refuse to learn more than 25 songs... Please. I will petition to get their jobs back. Just tell me how many signatures you need.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Quote Originally Posted by MrTrent
    hey guys. I just made this account because i need help. I need help to get the old dapper dans jobs back. They were great. Ive talked to them recently and some are having trouble finding jobs after 20 years of being in a barbershop quartett. others got worse jobs with less pay. They were only replaced to make way for the vision of the dapper dans created by the new head of entertainment from the florida disney land.

please go here

https://secure.disney.go.com/disneyl...=ContactUsPage

then send this message or a similar if you want to help and try to get their jobs back.

a couple months ago the original dapper dans were replaced by new young and energic dapper dans. This is all wrong. This is not what walt disney would have wanted. I know this because the only reason the dapper dans were replaced because the new head of entertainment from florida wanted to make the dapper dans like the florida dapper dans. They are automated and predicatable. The origanal group was different everytime, never missed a show, and new enough songs to take requests at any time. This is not so with the new group. I would like it if you would rehire the old dans. These new guys are young and have their whole lives ahead of them and could be anything. The original guys have been with disney for the past 20 years. There are no jobs for men who have done nothing but barbershop for most of their lives. They are out of work. Thy had just come out with a cd that they produced by themselves, they were the voices of the be sharps on the simpsons and the busts in the haunted mansion movie. The new guys refuse to learn more than 25 songs... Please. I will petition to get their jobs back. Just tell me how many signatures you need.
    I'm sorry but I LIKE the New Dans. I know that seems to put me in the minority around here but I find them refreshing and fun. The old Dans were great but now they're gone and I've been enjoying watch the new guys working towards becoming a real group of Barbeshop singers as opposed to just some face characters Disney put together.

Give the boys their time to shine instead of crapping on them because you don't like the way Disney did the deal. Why with a little time and public support we might get a groups of preformers that are as talented/strong and as long running as those they replaced.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Happy 2007!

I haven't seen the new dans yet, but will see them for the first time in a couple of weeks. My DD is heartbroken her favorites have been replaced and is saying she won't watch the new ones, but I know we'll stop to catch the act cause I want to see what replaced our favorites. I predict we won't be following them around the park like we had to with the old ones though.

Besides the fact that the old Dans were DD's favorites, I do have a problem with the way things went down. it really felt to me like a company trying to get out of paying retirement. I also did not appreciate the form letter responses we got from Disney regarding this matter.

MrTrent, the sentiment is nice, but we had lots and lots of people writing handwritten letters and emails and calling Disney when it was announced there was going to be recasting of the Dans. I think if Disney was likely to change its mind, it would have been then, before they did what they did. It would be great if the old Dans could form a new group. I know they'd have a following of loyal fans, my family included.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Good grief, the "old" Dans didn't look old!!! Have they really fallen on hard times? I guess I shouldn't be surprised to hear this, but I had hoped they would be okay. It really seemed heartless to me, replacing them for no reason that I could see. If they were going in a new sound direction on Main Street, that would be different; but just to replace them with younger guys makes no sense whatsoever.

And Uzmati, I do not completely disagree with you, I also think the "young" Dans are fine. I have made it a point to check them out and they are perfectly fine. But I want the real Dans back. Why replace something that was so great? The real Dans were much better, IMO -- and they did not look old!!!!

So MrTent, I am totally in with you -- I just think it will be of little use and likely a battle we can't win. I am all for trying though. I wish that I could do something for the real Dans (not calling 'em "old" anymore, did 'ya notice?) but I can't think of anything better than what you are doing. Yay you for coming to MC and getting this going.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast