Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Banned User

Re: Splash Mountain Refurb?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisfjw
    i agreee. splash needs a BIG refurb. the animotronics (sp?) are all getting pretty bad. after the drop that leads u to the bee-hives and everyone playing in the water. the bird or whatever that is supposed to be floating on a high pressure little water fountain when really u can see the black pole and wires holding the bird up and sometimes the water doesnt even make it high enough to make it look real. ALSO. think of the climax lift hill with the vultures and the strobe lights... why cant they hide them better? its sucha show-killer seeing a tacky little strobe light. and the strobe lights never stay the same. everytime i go the strobes are different speeds and the whole ride is just getting no TLC and its like no one working there cares.....
    Well true- but you also have to remember that Splash (and the entire Resort for that matter) gets a lot of abuse thrown upon it every day.

I agree that it needs a little TLC, but also remember those figures are from the old America Sings attraction- and that attraction has been gone for quite awhile now. So I'm guessing they are pretty old themselves, and the humidity doesn't help out either.

• Banned User

Re: Splash Mountain Refurb?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    Theme Park Operations added all that stuff several years after Splash Mountain originally opened just so that Pressler could overcharge people for digital photos. It's the only attraction that actually tries to advertise merchandise while guests are still trapped in the vehicles!

I'm so glad that the screen is gone, but the owl needs to be removed, too. And, I would also like to see the flash at the climactic drop either removed or made part of a lightning effect.

Also, does anyone know the reason that the alien pictures at the exit of Space Mountain were removed? When Space Mountain received its photo service, the addition was handled in a very careful way.
    You can't do anything about the flash at the drop- it's built OUTSIDE of the attraction- disney can't do much there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123