Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking yay!! The grand Californian!!!

well, Im staying at the grand californian for my birthday! Im so excited! Ive never stayed there, but I heard it was nice. I cant wait! so, has anyone stayed there? Im pretty sure you guys have but I just want to see what you think of it!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Re: yay!! The grand Californian!!!

It's a wonderful hotel, it's fabulous staying there or even just walking thru it's lovely lobby, enjoy your stay!
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Congratulations! I've never stayed there but I've spent time in the lobby, and various public areas like the restaurants and such - it's really a nice hotel! I'm told that the rooms are very nice too. It can't be too bad because it seems like it's always booked!

How cool for you!

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

thank you! Ive never even stepped foot in there! hehe. IM so excited. but I still have to wait to june

We stayed there once - just wanted to say that we did. It is really nice. They had a turn down service. Put chocolates on the pillows, etc. If I remember correctly we got a paper in front of the door every morning.
    You get the "private" DCA entrance. The pools were nice too. We had a really nice time and really enjoyed the hotel. The place is beautiful.

Would I stay there again? Yes, if it was for free. I look at a hotel only as a place to put my head down at night, store my stuff, and take a shower, so I don't need anything extravagant. For me, the cheaper the better ... but that's just me.

Have a great time and enjoy your stay.
    Last edited by chadb14; 06-15-2006 at 09:23 AM.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

It's a beautiful hotel! Try and go on the free tour they give daily. It's about an hour long, and will give you a true apprciation of the detail put into this hotel.

I've stayed there a couple of times and it's really nice. The entrance into DCA is really convenient. The rooms that look over DTD are kinda fun because you can people watch. I would definitely stay there again.

• For You!

Make sure you read about the "events" that the hotel offers - they have some fun tours and things to do - don't miss the morning fitness walk!! The hotel has a great atmosphere - the rooms are fun and the pillow mints are great!

Also, could you snag me a few more bars of soap? I love their toiletry stuff!!!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

it's an amazing hotel! boyfriend and i stayed there for our three year anniversary/valentines day last year. our only complaint was that the beds seemed a bit too stiff for our likings, but other than that, it was amazing! we got the concierge service/craftsman lounge option, and if you can swing it, i highly recommend it! you get acces to a special room where it's like a lounge, with free food (like chocolate covered strawberries) and have free "happy hours" and the turndown service...it was adorable, our mints were put onto doily-hearts since it was valentine's. also...if you decide to get room service, i really recommend the turkey club!! BEST SANDWICH EVER (well, maybe not ever, but damn good!) and they bring you miniature glass jars of ketchup and mustard and stuff, it's sooooo cute!! i didn't even open mine...they're tucked safely in my bag of goodies from the trip.

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

i'ts kinda my dream to stay there , but every trip for me is literally a shoe-string-budget kind of trip , so i can only really afford maybe $70 a night on a hotel... ha ha.. .not $300+ , but kudos , i'm officially jealous

My Maleficent tattoo

I stayed for 7 nights in 2004

and for 6 nights in 2005.

Can't believe I've spent so much time in the place.

It was worth it and a spectacular experiene. Made my whole trip!

• Pirates, Potter and Pan

It's like, the best hotel in the world kind of.

I freakin love it.

• "Always On The Move..."

I stayed for 4 nights in Jan of this year. The hotel is georgous, the CM's are awsome, the place is just unbelivable. The only problem I had is that the beds were a rock! Both my sister and I wound up with back spasms from the beds. They literally felt as if you were sleeping on a wooden platform. So, 4 nights of absolutely no sleep and excrutiating pain vs. one of the most beautiful places I have ever been in in my life.

Would I stay there again? If they had better beds ... absolutly. Until then, unfortuantely, it's not worth the price to me for no sleep and subsequent muscle relaxent back injections. (Not to mention the trip being affected as a result of the pain and 4 nights with no sleep).
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

i just stayed there a month ago...what i can say about it is, it the most conveniant hotel ever for going to disneyland, walk down one corridor and you're in downtown disney (near the main enterence to both parks), walk down another corridor and you're in DCA. its just amazing to be walking through california adventure and seeing your hotel right above you.

our room faced the DL Hotel and the monorail went right under our room..and that novelty NEVER wore off. also, if you want to do something off site, go to guest services, tell 'em where you wanna go, and they'll go into a drawer and find an index card with directions from the hotel, and back.

another cool thing is as part of the turndown service they leave a printout of the weather forecast for the next 2 days on your bed.

HAVE FUN!

•   
    • Astigmatic

Blog Entries

Double yay for having a birthday at the Grand Californian! It makes a great birthday trip. This year will be my third b-day spent at GCH/Disneyland. And it is so worth it. Make sure you let them know it's your birthday. Last year, they set up balloons in my room and left a signed picture of Mickey and Crew for me, wishing me a happy birthday. Some things to do during your stay is the Soarin' Sneak Peek tour, a drink at the Hearthstone Lounge in front of the fire, and, if you can swing it, dinner at Napa Rose. This year will be my first doing the character breakfast, which should be fun. Maybe try that too.
    Well, happy birthday! And enjoy your stay!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast