Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Ideas on how they will Imagineer the Nemo Ride

I, like you, have been checking out the pictures and fantasizing about the new ride. Honestly i think the subs were my favorite when I was a kid. I was thinking though there are a few things we aren't thinking of when we are envisioning this ride. Most of which boil down to the fact that this ride is not just diamramas anymore but projected computer anmimated scenes.

These scene houses are gonna be quite obvious as you come up to them unless they use the bubbles alot. And since they will need to let everyone see it, will the subs stop? How will they stop if they are propelled not on a mover-track?

Also - Nemo is a adolesent clown fish - in real life (from the subs perspective) he should be no bigger than an inch or two inches and marlin and dory a bit bigger. Its gonna be pretty hard to see what's going on isn't it?

The sound for each scene will have to come through the internal speakers of the sub. Now i can of course suspend disbelief to think that the fish can talk and that we can here them over the speakers but the scenes audio will have to sync up exactly with their mouths while we progress through the ride. This is alot more complicated if there boats aren't on a set track.

This ride has some major failure issues and will be burning some supplies as each projector will be on all day and night. Those bulbs have a limit of how many hours they can take. The bulbs will burn out alot and probably unexpectedly. How will the ride have a failsafe for that? The scenes will be pretty damn weird without the projections. Will a guy have to come out and change lightbulbs durning the show?

Anybody have anything else? This ride may be not as cool as we think and could be a technical disaster. I have all the faith in WDI (WED if you prefer) and I bet they can work them out but sometimes I just don't know if they thought of stuff like this.

Re: A few Major Issues with Nemo Subs

I'm sure they've thought of all that. Projections are used all over the park. Lamps have a predictable life so all one needs is a changeout schedule safely below the lamps average life and no problems. If you can suspend your disbelief that fish can talk and can be heard over sub speakers, the fact they are too big on relationship to the size of the sub shouldn't bother you. The boats are on a track, have controllable speed, and for all we know the driver will "trigger" the audio and projection components, just like they used to trigger the audio track to sync up with the old show rooms. Or not. But my point is, its 2006, and technology and Imagineering is up to solving these issues. Whether or not its a great ride, well....I know I'll be there to check it out!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Why not ride the ride the first, and then kvetch?
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd
    Why not ride the ride the first, and then kvetch?
    True I was just bringing up the topic for speculation and imagination. I rode Monster Inc and thought it was pretty poo with the AA being barely better than a carnival Haunted House so I was hoping WDI thought of these things first.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

If they can run rides like HM with projections, I bet they can do the same with Nemo. They will probably have backups i'm sure.
    The fish are obviously gonna be a bit large than normal, but I bet not many people will even notice. On top of that, we really do not know who will Narrate the ride. It may be the the CM/Submarine Captain, or it may be Marlin. But who knows. I think it will be fun though.

I just thought of something. Maybe it will be diaramas but projected diaramas that are on a long loop? Could solve the stopping problem.

Also if the bride character lamp goes out or the rat scene in Indy - you just drive by but the projections are this whole ride.

Dunno just some thoughts.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

If any of the characters were to narrate the ride, I can see it being either Merlin and/or Dory.

Merlin alone can be taking us along with him to look for his son and then we venture into dangerous places with him. Or Dory can accidentally lead us into dangerous places and situations as we go on the journey with her.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

The sound for each scene will have to come through the internal speakers of the sub. Now i can of course suspend disbelief to think that the fish can talk and that we can here them over the speakers...
    That won't require as much suspension as you may think. Supposedly the "hearing the fish over the speakers" issue will be addressed by using the same "technology" the narrator used to listen to fish in the original ride.

Quote Originally Posted by jepple
    That won't require as much suspension as you may think. Supposedly the "hearing the fish over the speakers" issue will be addressed by using the same "technology" the narrator used to listen to fish in the original ride.
    That's right - I forgot about that.

• Still lost in Neverland

And I understand that some of the original set peices will be used for this version as well. And it is NOT a retelling of Finding Nemo, it is what happened after the movie. Again Nemo swims off somewhere and then we go looking for him again, probably meeting the same characters (I hear the Aquarium fish have found a real volcano to dance around and have fun around (the original ride did have an undersea volcano) and the silly sea serpent at the end of the ride, will be used in this new storyline as well.

I will wait to see it first hand before saying things, but I do understand what you are doing, trying to get some discussion on the ride, and that is fine. Lets just turn this thread into "I hate Nemo at the Subs Ride" until it actually openes and we see it for ourselves. Personally, I think it will be something that will surprise us all with new technology, new storyline and just having the subs back in the lagoon again.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Yeah bad title. "If i could change it I would to : Ideas on how they will imagineer the nemo ride"

BTW the sea serpent was sold at that auction for $3K or something. Doesn't a MiceChatter have it or something in his back yard?

-P

• Flames Fan/Oiler Hater

Well, the desired effect is to get people wondering "How'd they do that?" isn't it?

•   
    • debating what to put here

About a year or so ago, we just happened to notice Tony Baxter walking through the park so we did what any Disney geek would do, we followed him.

He went over to the subs, was greeted by a bunch of people, then entered one of the subs. A few seconds later, it appeared they were showing him some of the underwater lighting effects. We couldn't see much from above, other than lots of lights and colors through the water. When he came out of the sub, he had a big grin on his face and there was a lot of patting each other on the back. The impression that I got was that he was quite pleased with how things were progressing.

Now, maybe I read the whole thing wrong and instead, he had just been told a dirty joke or something, but it gave me hope that maybe this ride is going to be a little more special than Pooh.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• For You!

Re: Ideas on how they will Imagineer the Nemo Ride

I just want to hear "Sharkbait, hoo haha".

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• been away for a while

Carson City Nevada , no it's not near Vegas

Re: Ideas on how they will Imagineer the Nemo Ride

i had this idea , a long time ago , maybe a year or so , i think i actually posted it on the mouseplanet boards... anyway

what if when you are in the subs you are actually looking through a transparent HD screen , and it would appear as if Dory or Marlin were swimming around and interacting with the lagoon , but they were really just 3d pixar creations on an HD transperent screen... hmmmm? i have seen this techonlogy recently , ( recently being about 6 months ago ) and it looked stellar

My Maleficent tattoo

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast