Blast to the Past

I was generally reading up on this once preposed Blast to the past restauraunt in Tommorowland for the 98 tommorowland can some clue me in on some of the details what it would have been like?

and is their any news on the geyser mountain front or discovery bay... i remember reading somewhere that tony baxter wanted to renovate the show scenes on the river front and potentially incorporating discovery bay.

• Minion

Re: Blast to the Past

Wasn't Blast to the Past an event they did back in the 80's to boost attendance? I remember they had all these classic cars lined up outside and they played oldies in the park.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Not sure if this is what you mean... but.. there was a proposed restaurant called "Planet Cool" where Redd Rockett's Pizza Port is now. Guests would dine in vintage Tomorrowland ride vehicles: an old Monorail car with booths and tables to eat at inside, Autopia cars, Peoplmover pods...

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Not sure if this is what you mean... but.. there was a proposed restaurant called "Planet Cool" where Redd Rockett's Pizza Port is now. Guests would dine in vintage Tomorrowland ride vehicles: an old Monorail car with booths and tables to eat at inside, Autopia cars, Peoplmover pods...

sounds a lot more appealing than pizza port to me
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Wicket
    sounds a lot more appealing than pizza port to me
    Most definately. But its still such a strange concept to showcase defunct ride vehicles in a restaurant. Sort of like showcasing all the now-gone Tomorrowland attractions' posters in Pizza Port.

Its sort of like the Imagineers were saying "we know that this new Tomorrowland is all wrong, but we're out of ideas so come eat in our attraction graveyard."

Yeesh.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

I think a concept with just the monorail train sitting on a track that comes up from the ground with the normal Pizza Port menu, but with a different restaurant name like Monorail Station Pizzaria or something like that would be a good idea.
    It would be sorta like a cross between the McDonalds in Barstow, CA with the train, and The Old Spaghetti Factory with the in-restaurant trolley and the italian menu.
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.