• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

Is there some Policy of Politeness or not?

Momeraths and I were at DL last Sunday, when we had a question about what rides in the park offered single rider passes. We learned from this site, and from first-hand knowledge that they exist for a couple rides in DCA, that they also had them at DL.
    We decided to ask the CM at the booth where they have the wait times for all the rides.
    "What rides in Disneyland offer Single Rider Passes? I've heard that they have a couple rides that have it in DL", Momeraths said.
    The CM didn't know what a single rider pass was in the first place.
    "It's a pass that allows you to get on quicker by filling in the empty seats on a ride."
    The CM didn't understand her attempt to explain and started responding rudely. He acted as if we didn't know what we were talking about.
    "Alriiight... I don't know about that...", he responded sarcastically.
    He may have somehow misunderstood the explanation, thinking we were asking for special priveledges. But without missing a beat, he responded rudely, ignoring common courtesy towards DL guests.
    Besides, if he had been more knowledgable in his line of work, he wouldn't have had to go through any of this misunderstanding.

Eventually, we did get an answer from the second CM we asked at Splash Mountain. By contrast, she was very nice and knowledgable. She let us know that in DL, single rider passes are available only for Splash Mountain. We spent the rest of our visit feeling pretty good, sure as you're born.
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• That Guy

Re: Is there some Policy of Politeness or not?

You may want to see this thread..... It's the same topic and it's happening as we speak.

Mis-Information from CMs

I'm sorry to hear that had happen to you. Sadly that has been happening a lot. To bad you didnt ask me that question! :P However, I am happy to hear someone did give you the correct answer. This sort of reminds me of this thread; the one titled Annoying CAST MEMBER stories.

Annoying CAST MEMBER stories!

As a fellow cast member too, I try to tell everyone in my dept. a lot of information so they will not be like the cast member you had. *sigh* It is sad to hear about that, which have been on these boards recently. I dont think I know everything, but I know enough I think to be a 'very' good cast member At least I know the answer to your answer and some other information too. haha. just putting in my thought.
    Word

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    You may want to see this thread..... It's the same topic and it's happening as we speak.

Mis-Information from CMs
    (Warning - intended sarcasm approaching)

This has become such an all-encompassing issue, Max with so many threads and all. It was good to hear President Bush finally speak up about it during his televised address Monday night. I don't know if he'll get conservatives to rally around his "Disneyland guest worker" program, however...
    But there is much support for his call to National Guardsmen to patrol the DCA borders.

(Kidding, kidding, kidding)

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I just post about what affects me directly, whether it be fault of my ego or my apathy, though I understand your point.
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wicket
    I just post about what affects me directly, whether it be fault of my ego or my apathy, though I understand your point.
    No fault of yours at all, Wicket. I was just trying for a little levity here. That's all.

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Still lost in Neverland

It's funny, or not, but I have never had any problems with Disneyland CM's. I have always used the name tag and called them by name and I have never had a rude response. There have been a couple of times I have gotten misinformation but I was able to side step it, and move on.

A couple of times standing in the middle of Main Street I was explaining to a friend about The Windows On Main Street, and a nearby CM overheard the conversation, and came over to inquire as to what I was referring too. They got a quick lesson in Main Street Windows 101 and were very happy to learn about this. Later in the day, by chance, we happened to run into the same CM in Frontierland. He came over and asked if I knew any interesting facts or trivia about Frontierland. Class 2 was in session and he really loved it.

I should apply to Disneyland University as a teacher, after all I did teach for 18 years. They really are falling down on the teaching of new Cast Members the history of the Park.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Wicket, you are going to put that information into a quick email to Disneyland from their "Contact Us" page on the disneyland.com website, correct? You aren't just going to spend time talking about it here, where it will do no good, are you?

word

• Neep meep beep

Yes, complaining about the specific castmembers will do you more good than just asking what the policy of politeness is. Sounds like you were definitely rudely treated in this instance.