Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Disneyland Freak

Once Aladdin Musical hits the chopping block... what are your ideas to fill its spot?

What are your thoughts and ideas on what should replace the Aladdin Musical in the Hyperion theatre?

Personally I think Hercules might make a potentially great musical though I don't really see it happening not sure the story has enough umph musically to be carried onto the stage.

What are your ideas to fill entertainment in the 2000+ seat theatre at the end of HPB?
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Banned User

How about replacing the Hyperion theater with an Eticket ride

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    That won't happen ... can you imagine how much they spent on a 2k seat theatre?
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Disney Blood Sisters

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    Personally I think Hercules might make a potentially great musical though I don't really see it happening not sure the story has enough umph musically to be carried onto the stage.
    Actually, on the Disney cruise I saw Hercules on the main stage and it was fantastic! I think I might like it better than the Aladdin one
    "Just remember the month of May followed by a nerd."

• What have I done?

Hercules sounds fun I love that movie! THe parade they had was really good to but I miss BLAST soooo much!

"This guy!"

• Minion

Sorry but Disneyland isn't just about the rides. A lot of us enjoy the shows and other attractions as much as the rides.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    I'd have to say a hercules show would be fun! But I also wouldnt mind the little mermaid...

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• LoisAlene

I know - how about a musical based on "Toy Story"?!

j/k, j/k
    <---runs swiftly from the thread to avoid being lynched.....

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Hyperion is the most advanced theator in a disney theme park at this point I've heard

it is even more advanced then what they have at TDS right now (in theator equipment and in what they can do with the building I've heard)

when Alladin ends I hope they add on the lobby that WDI had worked on designing that never got built

that would add tons to the theme and feel of the land and make it seem more professional

after that I dunno what should go in there I'm sure entertainment has some ideas though (except right now Entertainment is supposed to be coming up with ideas for the Millionare building)

• Minion

This would be better for Fantasyland than DCA, but I've always thought a 20 minute "Sleeping Beauty Ballet" adapted from the Tchaikovsy ballet via the Disney storyline and characters (as the music was used in the film), done entirely in ballet/pantomime, would be sublime... and a great classical dance primer for families/kids.

And with no dialogue, they won't have to insult us with politically correct, patronizing revisonism. They can focus on spectacle and beauty.

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    This would be better for Fantasyland than DCA, but I've always thought a 20 minute "Sleeping Beauty Ballet" adapted from the Tchaikovsy ballet via the Disney storyline and characters (as the music was used in the film), done entirely in ballet/pantomime, would be sublime... and a great classical dance primer for families/kids.

And with no dialogue, they won't have to insult us with politically correct, patronizing revisonism. They can focus on spectacle and beauty.

Much, much better idea than mine! I'd love to see it done in dance, but I doubt if most people would sit still for 20 minutes of beauty. Throw in some comic relief and you may have a winner!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by DustMeUpTink
    Actually, on the Disney cruise I saw Hercules on the main stage and it was fantastic! I think I might like it better than the Aladdin one
    Sadly, Hercules the Muse-ical! is hitting the chopping block on the Disney Magic. It's being replaced by a Cinderella show called Twice Charmed- An Original Twist on the Cinderella Story but it's final show will be on the April 9th Magic Cruise. On the April 16th cruise (I'm goin on this one! The first one without Hercules...) and the 23rd, we'll see Bumblesquats and on April 30th, guests can see Magician Mike Super. On May 7th guests will see the juggling team of Wilde and Hanes. Hercules will still be performed on the Disney Wonder. However, as with the Golden Mickeys, Twice Charmed might become so popular that it leaves the Wonder, so...

• Boozer, User, and Loser

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones

definitely a great idea.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by Momzilla59
    I know - how about a musical based on "Toy Story"?!

j/k, j/k
    <---runs swiftly from the thread to avoid being lynched.....
    Now that this is out inthe open - I bet we should expect it.

• Disneyland Freak

No way the Hyperion is quite a high-tech theatre... I heard that they brought in stage folks to design the theatre rather than Imagineers. (Not that the imagineers are inept but it helps to bring in folks specializing in theatre building to design a theatre)

I rememeber reading somewhere that the Hyperion could house up to THREE different full Aladdin-quality shows in the Hyperion at once. It needs an indoor lobby, restroom, and some better theming inside :: points to the painted screens on the balconies :: but the Hyperion is a strong point to DCA... :: points to the Wonderbra theatre in Fantasyland and shudders ::
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast