Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• white and nerdy

Re: Positive CM Experiences, Let's Hear Them..

Having been a WDW Cast Member, and a dang good one at that I might add, I have a very high standard for Cast Members. I have to say that the recent slew of bad CM reports has not been my experience at all.

I've had... three cases of bad CMs that I remember.

Recently, I was on Indiana Jones when it broke down and the cast member who came to help us was FANTASTIC!! She was funny, helpfull, and professional. There was some teenage girls who were kind of freaking out, Our Cast Member set them at ease with one remark.

While this is standard for most CPs, I took her aside afterwards and told her how great she was. She laughed and told me she was on her 20th day working in an area that wasn't even her own.

Good for her. I gave her 2 props. One at City Hall and one in a letter.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    ... Recently, I was on Indiana Jones when it broke down and the cast member who came to help us was FANTASTIC!! She was funny, helpfull, and professional. There was some teenage girls who were kind of freaking out, Our Cast Member set them at ease with one remark.
    Great story - what was the remark?

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Great story - what was the remark?
    Nothing is going to happen, we have enough skulls already (we were in the all of skulls)
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    Nothing is going to happen, we have enough skulls already (we were in the all of skulls)
    Ha ha ha ha! Love it when they come up with clever comments - like the poster a while back that rode the jeep alone a while back and the cast member said "looks like you were the ONLY one that didn't look into the Eyes of Mara"!

• The Twilight Zone

There was on CM once on my birthday and she sung happy birthday to me and gave us the call to goofy. then i had a great conversation with her its funny because she kept calling me prince. then the next month i saw here again and we had another conversation i wish i got her name to give a good report in City Hall

• The Twilight Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Ha ha ha ha! Love it when they come up with clever comments - like the poster a while back that rode the jeep alone a while back and the cast member said "looks like you were the ONLY one that didn't look into the Eyes of Mara"!

yeah i love these too. i remember there was technical difficulties with IJA and one of them said " our snake fluffy has escaped."

• Part of Your World

Can we name names? Well I won't just in case but there is a really nice girl working in the gallery that really helped my boyfriend and I out when we were trying to decide on Disneyland attraction posters for our apartment. She even was our tour guide for Walt's apartment tour! She really loved Disneyland and it showed. It is so cool to be around those people. THere is also a guy on Tom Sawyer's Island that we chat with sometimes and he lets us know about the progress of TSI and how the poontoon bridge is getting fixed (is probably fixed by now, this was like 2 months ago)!

• Banned User

Never met a CM I did not like really everyone on my last trip the DLR was awsome. I would have sent cards in but I would have been at it all day. They were awsome and so kind to me!!!

• Neep meep beep

Quote Originally Posted by EmilyStrange
    ... THere is also a guy on Tom Sawyer's Island that we chat with sometimes and he lets us know about the progress of TSI and how the poontoon bridge is getting fixed (is probably fixed by now, this was like 2 months ago)!
    Yes, it is fixed! It wasn't two weeks ago, but it was last Sunday. I saw plenty of people jumping on it.

• love my friends

its sad because I never see a guess really unless they are at DCA for a private event.. then I see then

Iw ish they ONLY KNEW what we did to clean the park for them

sigh

Friends for life

• ROFLCOPTER!

On the 50th my sister, her boyfriend and I were taking a snooze inside the Main Street Cinema since none of us had gotten sleep the night before. (I had to read my Harry Potter book before we left, gosh dern it!) A lot of other people were also in there with the same idea and eventually a CM came by. I saw him stopping by each group, telling them something and then the group would leave. At first I thought he was telling everyone we couldn't sleep there but when he got to us all he said was the the parade was about to start. I just thought that was real nice because if he didn't tell us we might have slept on through it.

Another time, last New Years actually, my sister got the zipper of her mickey mouse backpack stuck on the bags on Space Mountain. I, trying to be helpful, yanked too hard and broke the whole zipper which upset my poor sister. She had bought this in the summer and shot me evil eyes for breaking it, but I suggested we go to World of Disney and ask if it could be replaced. The worst thing that could happen was that they would say no, so we wandered over. The CM there said of course they could, and when he filled out the sheet saying why he was doing that he wrote "Because we're Disney." (...Oh, and doubt this is directly related but the very next time we visited all the bags on all the rides had been replaced with ones that don't catch.)

A similiar story, about ten years back, involves my aunt breaking her camera. She went to the store to go buy a new one. The CMs there saw what had happened and GAVE her a new camera with film and batteries. (This was before dissposable cameras.) My aunt was so happy that she went and told everyone back east about what great people worked at Disneyland and every time she visited here she begged to go again.

• That Guy

Awesome stories! It's funny, when we have a bad experience somewhere, we tell 100 people, when we have a good experience, we just kind of forget it. Thanks for all the great stories!!

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    Awesome stories! It's funny, when we have a bad experience somewhere, we tell 100 people, when we have a good experience, we just kind of forget it. Thanks for all the great stories!!
    I also think that most people tend to only remember the bad. Why let one unplesant experience ruin your visit?

• That Guy

^I agree 100% Sometimes it seems like people want something to biitch about and to hold on to. Like they want a license to be pissed.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Our last trip staying at the DLH, DH wanted a certain style room (we've stayed there just a "few" times). The CM who was checking us in brought out a book of room layout plans that we could look at. DH found the one he was wanting, but as we were waiting for the guy to do his thing on the computer, I continued to flip through the book just out of curiousity. I saw the suite section and just mentioned to DH that one of these days we should stay in a suite. The CM overheard me and said "You've stayed here many times. Let me see what I can do." We ended up staying in a suite in the Bonita tower with a park view - all for the price of a standard room. The bed was SOO comfortable; I didn't want to get up the next morning.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast