Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Positive CM Experiences, Let's Hear Them..

OK, so I'm at DL and Mary Poppins emerges from backstage and I am totally in love with her. So I run up and "damn", no camera. A CM from the photo shop must have heard me whining because she brought a Kodak box camera and gave it to me. I then proceeded to snap many pics of Mary and then some of the CM. We have since become great friends and I always tell her how much more special DL is with her working in the park. By the way, I have never encountered any CM that was rude or mean. I love them all and I always make it a point to compliment them at City Hall.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• back in Austin

When I was there a few weeks ago, our WIWF tour rode on the Jungle Cruise. By pure happenstance (part of which was due to half of our tour being Japanese) there were only 6 people on the boat who spoke English! Our JC skipper was awesome nonetheless and did the very best he could. I gave him props at City Hall at the end of the day.

Thank you hauntedholiday for explaining how to post a picture.
    So here (hopefully) is a picture of such a nice CM named Danielle with my girls. please work, please work.

"You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• Queen of Sarcasm

I tried to view your picture but it says I need your password in order to see the album.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateChick
    I tried to view your picture but it says I need your password in order to see the album.
    I am not sure what I did wrong. Anyone know what I need to change?

One night my mom and i went to cosmic rays at DW. It was a little chilly and my mom really wanted some soup. When we got there the cm at the one counter said that the soup side was already closed but he would see if they had any left. He came back with a bowl full of soup and gave it to her for free. He didnt have to go check but he did and it meant a lot to us.

This happened several years ago when my nephew was still in a stroller: We were all sitting at the River Belle waiting for Fantasmic to start and my nephew was in one of those 3-wheeled strollers and was goofing around by leaning forward and then throwing himself back. Well he eventually threw himself back so hard that the whole stroller tipped back and he bonked his head on the ground. Not even a minute had gone by when a CM came up to see if he was ok then quickly left to get help. Less than five minutes goes by and a person from first aid shows up to give my nephew a check up to see if he's alright, then asks him who his favorite character is and my nephew told him Mickey. So both CM's leave and then come back with a Mickey plush doll and gave it to him. That made him feel so much better and that Mickey never left his side the rest of the trip. To this day that Mickey doll is called "Bonk-The-Head" Mickey.
    "Disney Crystal Power! Make-Up!"

• Namaste and Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by poohnpiglet
    So when we were there in Feb we had our 5 year old who frightens easily and our 2 year old who has some sensory issues. After 3 days in the park the only ride they liked was It's a Small World. The youngest HATED the Pooh ride and Pooh is her favorite.
    Then we went over to the new Buzz ride. I thought there was no way my two girls would ride it. And then we met the nicest CM named Danielle. She was soooooo nice. She bent down and talked to both of our girls and told them about the ride. She told them she liked their outfits and then she took us through the fastpass line (shhh). After we got off the ride she gave them stickers and a fastpass to come back later. It was their favorite ride in the park and I have no doubt that it had to do with Danielle who took 5 minutes out of her time and gave us a perfect memory.
    I would post the picture I took with her and my girls but I have no idea how to post pictures.
    I'm 99% sure I know the Danielle you're talking about. (Even without seeing the picture). If I see her at work, I'll let her know...or even forward your post to her.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Justin
    I'm 99% sure I know the Danielle you're talking about. (Even without seeing the picture). If I see her at work, I'll let her know...or even forward your post to her.
    I am going to try and post this picture one more time. Fingers crossed, breath held, here goes.

• That Guy

^Holy Crap, does she still work there? I think she told me 'happy birthday' last week. How cool! She deserves a triple raise in pay.

• Namaste and Good Luck

Yup that's her. I'll give her the link.

General note for all guests: If you tell us in person that you appriciate the work that we're doing, that simple, verbal, 1 on 1 compliment would mean a whole lot more than the card we get from TDA a month after you compliment us in City Hall. It's those kinds of comments that get us through the tough summer days/holidays away from our families. Although the CH compliment goes on our record, the 1 on 1 compliment means much more.
    Rebel Justin
    Back & Reporting for Duty!

My CM Tenure: 1/11/03 - 5/30/06; 3/5/11-?
    Tomorrowland Stores

The reason I love Disneyland:

I was 7 years old and my father just died of a heart attack. I was destroyed and didn't talk to anyone anymore and was just dead inside. Everyone I knew looked at me funny like "poor him" etc and always tried to talk to me about it which only made it worse.

My Mom decided to take me to Disneyland to give me some kind of happyness. Every single person that worked there treated me so well from when they stamped my ticket to when I went home that night. The cast members made it feel like they truely got pleasure out of making my day. I freaked out in the POTC and talked to me when I got off crying and made sure I knew it was all just robots and fake. Nobody knew how much pain I was in and nobody treated me any different, they just went out of their way to make me feel special. I will never forget that and I will always love Disneyland.

• That Guy

^That's really cool. DLR is an amazing place made possible my the hardworking CMs. They really don't get enough praise.

• Disneyland Nomad

OMG... That's one of my friends... Danielle.... that just struck me as funny...and she really is one of the best cast members Disney has right now

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

These threads always bring a tear to my eye. Disneyland truly is more than the sum of its parts, thanks to the CMs that make the magic happen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast