Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• That Guy

Talking Positive CM Experiences, Let's Hear Them..

After reading about the evil CMs running rampant, I thought it might be nice to hear some positive things about the people who make DLR what it is.

Post your props here.

• love my friends

Re: Positive CM Experiences, Let's Hear Them..

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    After reading about the evil CMs running rampant, I thought it might be nice to hear some positive things about the people who make DLR what it is.

Post your props here.
    last january when we went to ariels for my daughters 5th birthday.. they really made it magical for her.. they got all the princesses out there to sing happy birthday to her.. which they never do (usually the waiters do that).. so we were really surprised......maybe it was because I am a fellow cm i dont know.. anyways I know she will never ever forget this

Friends for life

• That Guy

Last Wednesday I went to DLR for my birthday. My friend and I drove from Phoenix to spend two days there.

On Wed. I was wished a happy birthday from well over 50 CMs who really seemed sincere, they were awesome.

While in NOS, we were watching a jazz band preform (who were amazing btw) and after their song while we were clapping the sax player looked over, smiled and played 'Happy birthday to you' on his sax. He then walked over and gave us some cool beads.

We then went to HM and went on the attraction. Afterwards I realized I lost my good Arnette sunglasses. I didn't have any hope of finding them and I was just going to buy a new pair. My friend, Fancy, made me go to HM and ask the CM. I spoke with a CM who was super busy and asked if she saw and glasses. I described them and she smiled and pulled a pair out of her pocket. She smiled and said, "I found these in the elevator and was going to take them to lost and found. Oh and Happy Birthday!" She was so cool. She then showed us a quick way out of the elevator and wished me a great birthday once again. She was in the middle of loading and everything, and still went out of her way.

Thanks to all CMs for what you do.

• That Guy

Quote Originally Posted by kelly
    last january when we went to ariels for my daughters 5th birthday.. they really made it magical for her.. they got all the princesses out there to sing happy birthday to her.. which they never do (usually the waiters do that).. so we were really surprised......maybe it was because I am a fellow cm i dont know.. anyways I know she will never ever forget this
    That is so cool! There isn't a better place in the world to celebrate your birthday.

• Zero Blockout Dates

Actually I already posted this story in some other thread but though it needed repeating.

I asked a young cast member on last Sunday (Mothers Day) where I could find the Dapper Dans performance, she said she didn't know but then she says "Let's find out" and proceeds to pull out a set of printed sheets of yellow stapled together. It SEEMED to list every performance, parade, comedy routine, etcetera
    in the park for the weekend. She was not only able to tell me where to find the Dans but also the times I could see them and where to find them on Main Street. All from a little yellow pamphlet put out by Disney and obviously available to CMs so they can answer such silly questions.

I was so impressed with the way she handled it, I made a point of leaving her a positive Compliment Card at City Hall. I believe great service should be rewarded. And to date I've NEVER had a negitive encounter with a CM in real life, only here on MiceChat. Which is cool, because even CMs need a place to vent.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Sshhh, being very quiet

It was right after the Drawn the Magic Animation show and the characters came down to sign books and pictures. I waited in the line for Peter Pan that awkwardly formed. I didn't push or shove my way through like some were doing. My son also waited patiently for Peter too.

Well, Peter took notice of my son and I waiting while others were just butting in. Then Peter said "Ok now that little boy is next.." Pointing to my son. And we got the best picture of Peter with his arm around my son

I see that Peter Pan regulary each time I see this Animation Show. And I think of that incident every time I see him.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Max Fischer
    That is so cool! There isn't a better place in the world to celebrate your birthday.
    it was so cool....... brianna was sooooooo happy.. we want to bring beth there for her 4th birthday (I hope they do the same thing for her as well)

Friends for life

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

I was upgrading my AP from Deluxe to Premium so I could go to the 50th Anniversary festivities on July 17th about a week prior and the CM saw that I was wearing a Tink t-shirt and sweatshirt (didn't even think of it at the time I was getting dressed) but she must have thought I was a big Tinker Bell fan. But anyway, I guess when you get your AP in DL you get the default one, which I didn't want. I wanted to keep my Tink foil one. So the CM asked for me to return in the late evening when I was about to leave the park so she would have enough time to talk to her boss about letting me keep the Tink design on my new PAP. So I came back around 11 or so and found the same CM and wah-lah! She hooked me up! New Premium AP with the same Tink foil design. I'll never forget that helpfulness from her.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Experiment626 - that is pretty cool!

So when we were there in Feb we had our 5 year old who frightens easily and our 2 year old who has some sensory issues. After 3 days in the park the only ride they liked was It's a Small World. The youngest HATED the Pooh ride and Pooh is her favorite.
    Then we went over to the new Buzz ride. I thought there was no way my two girls would ride it. And then we met the nicest CM named Danielle. She was soooooo nice. She bent down and talked to both of our girls and told them about the ride. She told them she liked their outfits and then she took us through the fastpass line (shhh). After we got off the ride she gave them stickers and a fastpass to come back later. It was their favorite ride in the park and I have no doubt that it had to do with Danielle who took 5 minutes out of her time and gave us a perfect memory.
    I would post the picture I took with her and my girls but I have no idea how to post pictures.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• Neep meep beep

I spent this morning in DCA, and saw two old ladies walk up to a Cast Member and ask where New Orleans Square was. He couldn't have been nicer to them, even though they were in the wrong park!

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

The CM at Space Mountain let me use my fastpass late because the ride had been down for an hour.
    And the CM in the HM stretching room chatted with us for a while.
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I will never, ever forget the senior woman greeter at the park a few years ago. It was in the early evening, but I have no idea how long she'd been onstage. As she scanned our APs and we passed through the turnstile she gave us the most heartwarming, utterly sincere greeting I've ever heard in my life. "Welcome to Disneyland!" she purred. I felt as though she were a grandmother welcoming me into her warm kitchen and about to offer me apple pie. I get that warm feeling all over every time I remember her and the magic she cast over our entire evening.

• Just Me

The Boy and I were there Saturday. We had a great visit with Cinderella's Fairy Godmother over breakfast. In DtD I had a nice visit with an older custodial CM. He told me he had worked in DL for 12 years then went to DCA for a few years and is now in DtD. On our way in to DCA we got to say hi to Chappy. He is wonderful. He only seems to work at the entrance to DCA at GCH. The Boy then went into Redwood Creek Challenge Trail and we had a blast with the CM working the rock wall area. She even called The Boy a dork when he deliberatly went through the fence instead of around it.

We had a great day, thanks in no small part to the wonderful CMs we encountered.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I have had so many CM interactions over the years as a guest and fellow CM, that I don't have a specific story to tell here.

I just want to say that, as a guest anyway, I've never really had anything but good interactions with CM's. I have witnessed a handful of occasions involving others where I thought things could have been handled a bit better.

After walking through the park en route to our backstage jobs, I even counseled a young crew member or two in my time on how they might have handled a guest question differently.

Having said that, I feel that especially considering some of the conditions they face these days, the overwhelming majority of DLR CM's today do a good job of enhancing the magic.

And as I've done before, since I was part of this group, I'd like to give a pat on the back to all those CM's that you never (or rarely) see. They're just as much a part of that "magic".

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast