• Rat Tat Tat.

Current Voice of Disneyland

Does anyone know who the current voice of Disneyland is? I know Jack Wagner used to be...but what about now? Thanks!

• Disneyland Freak

Re: Current Voice of Disneyland

What exactly do you mean the voice of Disneyland? The 50th commercials? The tram narration? The train narration?
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Rat Tat Tat.

The voice that makes the announcements over the PA in the park, like before the fireworks, parade, and other events.

He must be a full time Cast Member, as he changes announcements and records Parade of Dreams and special event announcements every day.

• Shubisha

The 'mayor of Disneyland', who does the pre-PoD and the reinaugeration ceremony, certainly has an announcers' voice but he isn't the "voice" revol is speaking of... if that's who you're thinking about mrfantasmic.

It's the one who does the 15/10/just a few minutes announcements for PoD, i think a 30 or 20 minute announcement for fantasmic, a Remember fireworks announcement, inclement weather cancelling fireworks announcement, yadda yadda

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrfantasmic
    He must be a full time Cast Member, as he changes announcements and records Parade of Dreams and special event announcements every day.
    I don't know who it is...but I can tell you a couple of things...the voice on the tram announcements is different from the one heard inside the Park. As for the "voice" being a full-time CM, I don't think so (although I'll stand to be corrected). They could have someone knock out all of the recorded announcements for a given day in a short period of time...maybe in Burbank, or anywhere else where there is a studio...and have the digital audio sent by computer to the park's AV (or whatever it's called now) division.

I know several people who do radio and tv "image" voice work for stations all around the country, from studios that they have in their own homes. They have scripts sent to them and they essentially e-mail the audio back. An announcer can "voice track" an entire four hour radio music show in a matter of about 45 minutes, just as another example.

--Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 05-17-2006 at 02:05 AM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• Banned User

I hate the voice we have for the current voice of Disneyland. Another one I hate is the one on the tram.

The only true voice of Disneyland is Thurl Ravenscroft.

When my high school band did Magic Music Days and performed at Plaza Gardens, the "Voice of Disneyland" (I like to call it the "voice of god" because it's loud, deep, and booming) announced our high school, our band, and our director. It sounded a lot like the voice that does the general announcements around the park, so maybe there is a full-time person who does these recordings...
    "To all who come to this happy place, welcome!"

Visit The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets and Mickeypedia!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfreak
    I hate the voice we have for the current voice of Disneyland. Another one I hate is the one on the tram.

The only true voice of Disneyland is Thurl Ravenscroft.
    Funny, but that's not how I feel about this voice at all. I wish I had this guy's pipes because his voice is very distinctive and is VERY reminscent of the "Wonderful World of Disney" voice of the 60's and 70's, which I'm pretty sure wasn't Thurl. Thurl had this huge, bottom end bass voice which most people will associate with Tony the Tiger. The announcer voice is more of a Baritone and to the casual listener, it's the same guy from T.V.

To me there will always be three great male voices for the Disney company: Paul Frees, Thurl Ravenscroft, and the announcer guy from the Wonderful World of Disney.

While we're on the subject, who WAS the announcer guy from the Disneyland TV show? Was this the same voice as it changed to Wonderful World of Color and finally Wonderful World of Disney? Were all of these voices Jack Wagner?

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Funny, but that's not how I feel about this voice at all. I wish I had this guy's pipes because his voice is very distinctive and is VERY reminscent of the "Wonderful World of Disney" voice of the 60's and 70's, which I'm pretty sure wasn't Thurl. Thurl had this huge, bottom end bass voice which most people will associate with Tony the Tiger. The announcer voice is more of a Baritone and to the casual listener, it's the same guy from T.V.

To me there will always be three great male voices for the Disney company: Paul Frees, Thurl Ravenscroft, and the announcer guy from the Wonderful World of Disney.

While we're on the subject, who WAS the announcer guy from the Disneyland TV show? Was this the same voice as it changed to Wonderful World of Color and finally Wonderful World of Disney? Were all of these voices Jack Wagner?
    As I recall, Jack Wagner did the voiceovers on the parking lot and DL Hotel trams, the Monorail, the entrance plaza/ticket booths, the opening and closing announcements, and several safety spiels ("Remain seated please . . . Cinnamon toast and tacos por favor). His original "remain seated please" can still be heard at the end of the Matterhorn Bobsleds.

I thought it was a nice tribute that the person who currently does the opening/closing spiels has a voice very similar to Jack. I don't think, however, that there is an "official" voice of Disneyland anymore.

I seriously dislike the performances that this announcer provides for Disneyland. I forgot his name, but his other work is not bad.

His Disneyland voice lacks sincerity and sounds as if he is forcing a smile into it. It would be much better if he didn't try to sound so happy. The reason that Jack Wagner and Thurl Ravenscroft were as great as they were is because their voices were warm, genuine, and professional.

I can't even take the Disneyland Railroad anymore because of the new narration. That narrator is so patronizing and pseudo-folksy, he makes me want to vomit. Ravenscroft's narration, on the other hand, was grandfatherly and comforting.

who WAS the announcer guy from the Disneyland TV show?
    Dick Wesson. He was there pretty much from the start.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0921879/
    "Say, uh, ever hear of the devil's paint pots? Real mystery of the desert. Bubblin' pots of mud in all kinds of colors."