• Donald's #1 Fan

A very slight error on the Disney's Official Resort Album.Could become a trivia thing

• Disc 2, Track 8: Space Mountain - 2:44
    • Disc 2, Track 10: Space Mountain (DAYTIME TRACK) - 1:28.
    There's the obvious (where did that extra minute and change go?), and the not so obvious (how would a Disney fan know which track belongs now to Space Mountain), there's the real thing... There's NO Rockit Mountain for now. So there's NO Daytime / Nightime Track! Maybe people 25 years from now will say "What's this about two Space Mountain tracks with different lengths? And why is there a Daytime track? Was there ever a Nightime track?"
    Last edited by fjhuerta; 05-17-2006 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Messed up the looks of the post.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: A very slight error on the Disney's Official Resort Album.Could become a trivia thing

The same thing was done on the 6 CD "Musical History of Disneyland" when Rockit Mountain was still in development and considered viable (the jury's still out on that one).

The Space Mountain track is the original musical soundtrack. The SM (Daytime Track) is an edited version of the soundtrack that debuted when SM reopened last year. The 6 CD set has a longer version of the Daytime Track, but since the CD's (like The Official Resort Album) were recorded prior to the SM reopening, the Daytime Track differs slightly from the final track used on the ride.

Historical curiousity? Maybe. Ask me again in 25 years.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Re: A very slight error on the Disney's Official Resort Album.Could become a trivia thing

I need to check out the "Musical History" compilation (I have it at home, but I have the "Official" CD right next to me).

It's interesting - they did mention a "Daytime" track, but didn't mention or include a "Nightime" track, nor they explained why there are two different versions of "Space Mountain" on the disc. I suppose you are right - Rockit Mountain was a reality back then, but they didn't want to spoil anyone's suprise by adding the track (then again, maybe they didn't even know what they'd use).

Which is funny, since they basically gave away the fact that there would be two tracks (Daytime and Nightime) one year before the public should have known about it...

• The Dude!!!

Re: A very slight error on the Disney's Official Resort Album.Could become a trivia t

It's actually not an error the original space mountain track contains some of the sound effects you hear while waiting in line. Such as the imaginears talking etc. The new space mountain song is just what you hear now on the ride.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Re: A very slight error on the Disney's Official Resort Album.Could become a trivia t

Quote Originally Posted by mkyears
    It's actually not an error the original space mountain track contains some of the sound effects you hear while waiting in line. Such as the imaginears talking etc. The new space mountain song is just what you hear now on the ride.
    I didn't realize the original track could still be heard... but the real trivia thing, IMHO, is that they added a "Daytime" track to the CD collection when there's no difference at night

• No marbles to begin with!

The day time track is just the ride. The lift hills aren't in there and niether is the end when your coming back into the station. I'm guessing that the original included them?
    My campus elevator smells like burned hair and won't drop faster than the pull of gravity, no matter how much I scream.

• See Ya Real Soon!

I just took a look at my set and it specifically says "new" daytime track. So it was pretty clear to me, that since this was realeased months before Space repopened, that this would be the track that would the new track.

Now with the fact/rumor that Rockit may or may not ever happen, it makes the "daytime" part of the title a little odd.

Why did they just name it "new Space Mountain track." Since even if Rockit does happen it is Rockit Mountain, not Space Mountain.

Rockit Mountain IS happening right now on Grad Nites ( see other threads ). The photo's the Grads can buy after the ride even have a new Rockit Mountain overlay.

Even if after Grad Nites the Rockit Mountain idea is scrapped, it will have happened and slipped quickly into Yesterland, but nonetheless happened. On the other hand maybe the powers that be will roll it out for summer in it's current form and then add the enhancements that were originally planned, and discussed in other threads, after the busy summer season.

ADDED:

I don't think the publishing of the "new daytime track" is really an error but instead a move by the marketing gurus to generate interest in the concept of a nighttime version. I think they hit their mark.....just look at all the discussion it has generated over the last months.
    Last edited by 10-8atDisneyland; 05-17-2006 at 01:43 PM.