Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Re: Is Disneyland Over Marketing The Mickey Mouse Ears?

I think the new Mickey ears are great! Everyone likes something different, and the variety of ears available satisfies that need. Disney is in the business of making money and as long as folks are buying 'em... Disney will keep making 'em.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Zero Blockout Dates

I was born and raised in SoCal and I've gone to DL every year of my life and not once have I ever bought or owned a set of ears. Don't know why, just never have but there sure does seem to be a boatload of different designs these days. A set of ears for any interest. Talk about niche marketing.

Oh well, what can I say I buy trading pins
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Vehicle rotating backward

Keep in mind that Disney has a history of reactionary moves. If something works for them, they'll do a lot of it just because. Mouse ears sell? Great, make fifty more designs. Pirates movie exceeds expectations? Don't just schedule a sequel, schedule TWO sequels so that you've paid for a third movie even if the second one gets a tepid response from the public.

• Closed Account

Sad Re: Is Disneyland Over Marketing The Mickey Mouse Ears?

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    Nice job WatchYourHeadNStep. I got my stuff in the club too I just can't afford all that crap though I think I will definetly aim for a matchbook but I don't think they make them anymore... I'm going again in the near future I'll definetly be forking over more cash into Disney's bank account.

Yes! My wife continously scolds me everytime she sees all the expensive Clubb 33 cr@p just sitting around the house getting covered with dust! I even by mistake ate one of the old Club 33 mints I found sitting in the display cabinet! YUCK!

And just for good measure here's some of the hats.. from the OTHER site ::gasp::

Thank goodness the Cinco De Mayo is not dated! That would be just a terrible thing to do considering you could only use it on one day each year! Whew!

• Minion

I don't like all the Mickey Ears. I think the majority of them are tacky. Disney seems to be in the habit of cheapening its own brand lately. Disney is no longer "special" because it's everywhere, and as such it's now a common thing. That's not good.

I understand everyone's need to be an individual and get ears that reflect your personality, but honestly, who cares? I don't need to constantly advertise my uniqueness while I'm at Disneyland.

Personally, I'll rock the July 17th since I NEVER see them at the parks. All the new ones? Meh.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234