Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Talking Those goofy Disneyland hats...

Inspired by another threat recently posted about the Mickey Ears, I had a question. Have you ever bought one of those oversized silly hats, like the large Mad Hatter top hat, the traffic cone hat, the Goofy hat with ears attached etc...? Now, if you did but this hat and wore it in the park at the time of your visit, have you worn it since? How many of your hats ended up at a yard sale? How many of you woke up the next day, stared at that ridiculous thing and say to yourself "I can't believe I blew 40 bucks on a hat I will probably never wear again"? How many of you actually wear it in public? I wanna hear some of your stories.

• That Guy

Re: Those goofy Disneyland hats...

Wouldn't buy one, wouldn't wear one. I think they are mostly used for when aliens come down, they know who to blow away.

• Banned User

he he he I thought the same thing. I got the boys those silly clown hats at sea worls, and they are still in the closet. the ones that have belles on the end, you now the joker hats. seriously cute in the parks, but stupid in the real world.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We bought our grandson Sean a Goofy Hat, the first time that we took him to Disney World, in 1997. He wore it all around the park, and Goofy even signed it on the front. It hung in my room, until we were planning to return to Disney World in 2003. Sean wanted to wear the hat, on the plane, so he put it on his head, and entered the car, that we had hired to drive us to the airport. Yes, you guessed it, he left the Goofy Hat in the car, never to be seen again. I even called the company, and inquired, but no hat. Well last year, I bought myself, another of the same Goofy Hats. I wore it all around Disney World, on one day of my trip, and I had Goofy sign it, at Cape May. I am returning to Disney World in July, and I am going to pack my Goofy Hat. I plan on wearing it, when I return to Cape May for breakfast, along with the Goofy t-shirt that Goofy also signed. I love being Goofy at Disney World, and Disneyland, of course, but I guess I would look pretty silly walking around Chicago with a Goofy Hat upon my head.

Last edited by Barbaraann; 05-17-2006 at 04:49 PM.
    Disneyland Here I Come Again!
    October 1, to October 6, 2015

• I am in Orlando

I bought one when I came for a 6 day stay at DLH in March. I bought the Mike hat, from Monsters INC its green has his big eye, arms and legs off of it. I wore it 4 of the 6 days and bought it on the first day. While I wore it people looked and laugh and the kids loved it too. Im 23 wearing around having a good time, people telling me all day how they like it, it was fun to have people stire at me abunch. But since I have been home I look at it every day. Havent put it back on since I have left. It was a lot of fun though, it help make the vaction to DL.

My girlfriend bought the Minnie crown ears that light up, we got them on our first day there as soon as you go into DL on the right, the hat store.

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Only hats I've gotten besides Mickey ears (which I haven't worn in public since last year's Halloween) are two Christmas-themed hats that I do wear during the holidays. A Minnie Mouse Santa hat and a Jack Skellington Santa hat that bends however you want it that comes with a white, long, thin beard that you can hide away inside the hat if you don't want to wear it. But I wouldn't buy the other silly hats. Was tempted to buy a Mickey ear Sombrero to wear at work for Cinco de Mayo this month but it was $26...too expensive for 1 day.

• total valley girl

i haven't bought a hat, much less anything else souvenir-related since i was maybe 10 years old. (11 years ago) and this is including not buying anything for grad nite in 2003.

i just felt silly spending money for something i wouldn't be caught dead wearing outside of the park. don't get me wrong, i LOVE me some disneyland, but wearing the clothing/spending money on souvenirs for somewhere i can go anytime i want seems a bit silly.

but hey, that's me.

GO BUFFS!!!

university of colorado at boulder - class of 2007
    sigma rho lambda

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I bought a Mickey Santa hat last Thanksgiving weekend and I wore it everytime I went to Disneyland through the holidays. It was worth every cent I spent on it. It kept me warm and it's just as cute as can be. And the minute Thanksgiving's over, I plan to wear it every time I go again this year!

• Found my prince!

I have a Tigger santa hat and wore it all day this last Christmas. I also wore it to our office Christmas party! I think I might pull it out and wear it when I go in June. I will probably get some strange looks!

• no flash photography...

no, but whats with the king tut hats in the park?

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

Talking Re: Those goofy Disneyland hats...

We usually don't buy them, but I love taking pictures of the kid in them.... I love those silly hats

Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

• For You!

The hats are fun - I try to wear my ears every chance I get!! But, I agree, you take a picture of them at the park and forgo the purchase.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I have a POTC hat and an HM hat...both very normal looking baseball caps however. I wear them everywhere though.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I have a Jessica Rabbit Christmas Santa-type hat, with mistletoe at the top. I only got it last winter but I wore it to the park and at my Christmas party

My son has a collection of hats, he uses his own money that he has saved to buy one every time he goes to the park. He will wear it while we are there, but then it goes on "display" in his room. He will wear them sometimes around the house or whatever (but not very often). He probably has 4 or 5 hats.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast