Thread: Band Geeks

• Wicket Pan the Avenger!

Band Geeks

Has anyone here ever marched with your H.S. or other marching band down Main Street for whichever parade?

I marched 4 years in h.s. (JVHS) every christmas. Those were some of the best Disneyland trips for a lot of us!
    "Peter," she asked, trying to speak firmly, "what are your exact feelings to me?"
    "Those of a devoted son, Wendy."
    "I thought so," she said, and went and sat by herself at the extreme end of the room.

• Disney Nerd

Re: Band Geeks

heck yes! i did community showcase my freshmen & senior years....

freshmen year we marched pre-parade main street to small world

senior year we marched small world to main street

plus for freshmen year, we were invited thanks to our spot in the Rose Parade...that was awesome.

bandos forever!

yep, this past november

how do you think i thought up my screename?

disneyland with band november 2005

"Look!(shoots monkey)An undead monkey!" -jack sparrow

Yeah, I got to do that a couple of times. It was great. I was in the marching band at Cal State Northridge and we took a pep band down there, crammed about 20 of us into two hotel rooms at some cheap hotel room down Harbor Blvd. and we got to play on the steps of the Train station on Main Street.

The best was being in the United Way Centennial Band for the Rose Parade, they had people from our band and all over the country like Ohio State, Texas and several others. They put it together for the Rose Parade 1987, but we got to march down the parade route before the evening parade. That was a much bigger thrill than the Rose Parade! And afterwards my friend and I took some of the band members from out of town to get the clam chowder in the bread bowls.

The funny part is when we had to go to Long Beach to get our uniforms fitted, we decided as close as we were, we should just skip our afternoon classes and go to Disneyland and they were doing a preview of Star Tours. So we were telling these people about this great new ride, and we took them over to it and it was all boarded up because it wasn't officially open yet.

I marched at Disneyland (and Magic Mountain) a few times in Jr. High and High School back in the mid to late 80's. I played the trumpet at Green Acres Jr. High and Redwood High School (both in Visalia, CA)

• =)

Unfortunately, none of the marching bands I've been in have actually marched in the park. But I've played at the Carnation Plaza venue. It was great fun.

• insufferable know-it-all

I did Main Street/Town Square, USH, and Rose Parade with the USC Trojan Marching Band. Not high school, I grant you, but it was Main Street.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by Datameister
    Unfortunately, none of the marching bands I've been in have actually marched in the park. But I've played at the Carnation Plaza venue. It was great fun.
    my brother also has played at the Carnation Plaza, and hes going to again this year. any time my brother "has" to play at disneyland i use that as a reason for me to go with him.

• What, where am i?

In the past the Granada hills highlander marching band would play in front of the castle and do the pre-parade march. when in front of the castle they would play their field and pep tunes. And doing the pre-parde march they would play more pep tunes. This year we didn't go but we went to Magic Mt. instead, which was ok. next year we plan to get our paper work in on time. So i will be doing it hopefully next year!!
    If life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade. Then find someone who's life has given them vodka and have a party.

I look at you and I see 2 men. The man you are and the man you ought to be. One day those 2 will meet and should make for one hell of a football player!

If this is torture, chain me to the wall

Are you there God? It's me Jesus.

Locke and Jack are to busy worrying about Locke and Jack.

The best kind of Prize is a surprise! Hehehe

The sun never sets on the Disney Empire.