Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

The KIIS FM Halloween Nighmare of 94

In October of 1994 a local radio station 102.7 KIIS FM sponsored a listener party at Disneyland. Free admission was granted to anyone wearing a halloween costume on that day. For some strange reason a friend and I decided to go check it out. We both had passes but we wanted to see this disaster in the making and we were not dissapointed.

It was the most insane event I had ever seen at Disneyland. The park reached capacity about 2 hours after opening. Thugs and gangbangers tagged up the inside of Sapce Mountain. Looters raided the stores. It was bad enough that I fled the park after only two hours.

Did anyone else attend this event?

•   
    • So fetch

Re: The KIIS FM Halloween Nighmare of 94

Free theme park admission promos is NEVER a good idea. I worked at theme park in 1999 and KGGI 99.1 had a "Get here before 7 AM and get in free" promo. It was horrible. Huge crowds, lots of fights & vandalism, and tons of rude guests.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ExJungleSkipper95
    In October of 1994 a local radio station 102.7 KIIS FM sponsored a listener party at Disneyland. Free admission was granted to anyone wearing a halloween costume on that day. For some strange reason a friend and I decided to go check it out. We both had passes but we wanted to see this disaster in the making and we were not dissapointed.

It was the most insane event I had ever seen at Disneyland. The park reached capacity about 2 hours after opening. Thugs and gangbangers tagged up the inside of Sapce Mountain. Looters raided the stores. It was bad enough that I fled the park after only two hours.

Yes, i was there!
    My dad and I decided it was a good idea to go.
    We stayed most of the time.

I can't believe Disney was up for this. I wish they had continued to do it. (I liked the whole wear a costume get into the park thing...)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator
    Yes, i was there!
    My dad and I decided it was a good idea to go.
    We stayed most of the time.

I can't believe Disney was up for this. I wish they had continued to do it. (I liked the whole wear a costume get into the park thing...)
    Are you out of your friggin mind? The reason the park was so terrible that day was because they allowed people who normally can't afford admission into the park. This includes gang members and other less desirable scum that you generaly see in the less expensive theme parks (six flags).

Yes, wearing a costume into Disneyland would be fun but please make sure you have to pay FULL price to get in or use your AP. Free admission is NEVER a good idea for ANY place.

• What have I done?

Last year at Knotts Halloween Haunt it was arrive in a SCION night and get free parking and I think free entry for those as well. First two hours only.

Eh wasnt as bad as you would think but then again Halloween Haunt is a bit of a rowdy crowd anyways.

"This guy!"

• Minion

yes....Halloween Haunt is pretty rowdy....it's kinda like Disneylands older, wilder sibling....you know, the one with the tatoos, piercings and Harley.
    That's why I love it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Around the same time, Knotts had a deal where you could get in for a dime. Same thing happened, and mass chaos ensued.

I haven't seen anything like this since. I think they may have learned their lesson.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

sounds frighening!

• Dont make me unfriend you

heheeh. I worked that day. Well, I got off work at 8:00 am so I missed most of it. But I remember people were lining up pretty early that day. I remember all of the day shift CM's were freaking out. They saw the crowds outside the gates and knew they were going to get screwed. There were few CM's scheduled because it was the off season. So, Dinsey was in no way ready for the size of the crowd.

The rumor I heard at the time was that the Disney marketing guys who allowed it to happen lost their jobs.

When we came in the next shift, we heard all kinds of horror stories and rumors of stuff that happened.

• Ok time for cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by localdisnyfan
    Around the same time, Knotts had a deal where you could get in for a dime. Same thing happened, and mass chaos ensued.

I haven't seen anything like this since. I think they may have learned their lesson.
    That was Cinco de Mayo for a 5 cents. A terrible day. One that has been celebrated ever since.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Hmmm, I so don't remember that! I'm going to have to dig around in some news archives. Sounds pretty interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

I remember that. It was crazy. FREE is NEVER a good idea in So. Cal.
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

Are you out of your friggin mind? The reason the park was so terrible that day was because they allowed people who normally can't afford admission into the park. This includes gang members and other less desirable scum that you generaly see in the less expensive theme parks (six flags).

Yes, wearing a costume into Disneyland would be fun but please make sure you have to pay FULL price to get in or use your AP. Free admission is NEVER a good idea for ANY place.
    hey, no discrimination please!!

• Thurl,gone,not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sleepingbella
    hey, no discrimination please!!
    Yeah! You shouldn't judge gangbangers.They're hard working people like us.They sell recreational drugs for a living that's all.Gangbangers have feelings too you know!

• Bruce Timm is a genuis.

Ahh, DEESneyland! I remember it well.

Rick Dees, Ellen K, and Vick the Brick were set up in the endless hallway of the Haunted Mansion, while various other radio stations had tables set up around the ride's outside fence. MY mom, brother, and I dropped in early that day, rode HM, and then went back to school. The crowds were really heavy at that time, but we planned on leaving anyway.

We got hand stamps as we exited and came back to the park after school let out. Maybe we got lucky, but we didn't run into any vandalism, fights, or gangbangers.
    Light a man a fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of the night. Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

My webpage, it's Blogtastic!

Now with working Guestbook!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast