Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• All you need is LOVE

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/17: Inside Pirates pt3, Pirates Stage, Club Buzz, Disney Gallery +MORE

Great photos

• All you need is LOVE

Re: PHOTO UPDATE 5/17: Inside Pirates pt3, Pirates Stage, Club Buzz, Disney Gallery +MORE

• All you need is LOVE

• All you need is LOVE

HM

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Legs
    Maybe it is the perspective but that sign looks lame. The charecters seem like cheap copies.

great update mastergracey! thanks for taking a risk for us to show us the pirates construction. I can;t wait til it opens.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Thanks MasterGracey. That Space pic looks simply amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• that's right!

what exactly is the Pirates "stage" going to be used for?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    There's going to be a Pirates of the Caribbean show playing at least throughout the summer. A friend of mine went to the auditions...I'm bummed because he totally looks like Johnny Depp, I thought he'd make a great Jack Sparrow. He did get a callback and had to sing "A Pirate's Life for Me"-he said the lyrics weren't exactly the same as what's in the ride, but that the tune was the same.

So I figure it will be Jack running around with pirates and wenches, singing our beloved (and slightly altered) song. Oh, and please, no one interpret this as that the song within the ride is going to be changed, because that's not what I said-no one apprently reads Al's updates to know what's actually happening within the attraction lol.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Thanks MasterGracey. That Space pic looks simply amazing!
    Thank you! I had to take that picture since there wasn't anybody in the way. I have a higher-res version if you want it for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by squinky
    The construction is taking place pretty much right infront of and slightly to the side of Cafe Orleans. If Al Lutz is right, which I'm guessing he's on the money with this one, my pictures show the stage being built.

Check it out
    From Al Lutz' April 18, 2006 update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Lutz
    The Disneyland Entertainment Department is getting in on the act, with plans for a small Pirates movie themed stage show near the remodeled Café Orleans restaurant. Roaming pirates, wenches and run-of-the-mill scallywags will wander the alleys and plazas of New Orleans Square. And if all goes as planned, pirates will hijack the usually sedate Sailing Ship Columbia (above) every 30 minutes as that sailing vessel circles Tom Sawyer Island. That last bit of entertainment should be interesting, since they tried the same type of thing almost ten years ago on the Columbia with rather mixed results. It was a little show that only lasted one summer in the mid '90s, but perhaps with a hyped up movie to fuel the fun it may be better received than the last time they tried something like that.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Great update once again MG!

• that's right!

thanks, that seems pretty neat!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12