• Junior Senior

Hours of AP Processing? (and other AP queries)

I've finally decided (I think) to take the plunge and buy an AP, after years of swearing up and down that I wouldn't. Right now, we're looking at what day this weekend to go and get them. However, we're not sure how late we can arrive at the park and still upgrade our tickets to passes. What are the hours of the AP processing center? Are they the same as the hours of the park? For that matter, is it in DCA now?

I guess I'm just unclear on the process in general - I've picked up the basics just hanging around here, but I'd appreciate a sort of unified step-by-step guide to going from regular schmoe at the ticket booth to AP god. Is there a password I should know? A weird handshake, maybe? Searches have turned up pieces of the puzzle but nothing complete as yet.

• Rainicorn.

They moved AP processing to the old exit of Space Mountain (where the Starcade + SM meet), I think.

The last time my boyfriend bought an AP, he just had to take his picture and they print the card out right there for you...
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Disney fans for life!

No secret handshake necessary.

Just be sure and act like you own the place. You'll fit right in...

:devil: :devil: :devil:

• Disney fans for life!

JUST KIDDING!!!!

We have been AP's for going on 15 years now.

Enjoy your new AP's. We sure do!

No attitude here! Just Disney Fans.

• Junior Senior

Thanks for your help, but what I really want to know is how late in the afternoon I can get there and still get an AP. Is it open until park closing?

I got a PAP last month during spring break madness ... when I bought the tickets at the booth ... they said the center would open at 1pm b/c they would not be ready any earlier b/c of crowds ... it was the longest line we stood in that day, 1 hour, and it was around 3pm.

when we got ours it was around 8 or 9 at night,the lines are usually not as long and all we had to do was take our pics,then we got our cards right there.

• Abomination Unto Nuggan

It may have changed, but when I worked at the pass processing center we closed the doors at the "Disneyland is now closed" announcement. Even if that's stilll the case, though, don't wait til the last minute

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by tabacco
    It may have changed, but when I worked at the pass processing center we closed the doors at the "Disneyland is now closed" announcement. Even if that's stilll the case, though, don't wait til the last minute
    What he or she said....except um, the part about working there. I once upgraded my passport to an AP about an hour before closing, and they were closing down behind me, so you don't want to wait too late in the day, but you also don't have to be there at 9 a.m. to get the same benefits.

Have fun!!!

• Minion

Thanks, I was going to post the same question.
    Does this have to be done the first day you use it?

• What have I done?

Not necessarily, you can use your ticket voucher anyday! Even if your pass is not valid that day... except for May 4th of course!!!!!!

"This guy!"

• That's Hawt

I got it done over spring break except that I got there right as the park opened. There was nobody in Tomorrowland yet ... we got on and off of Buzz in five minutes and then hit AP processing. Five minutes only because it was my picture taker's first day and she messed up the first picture. I looked like quasimoto!! :devil: oh wait ... i always look like that!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s