Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Donalds younger brother

disneyland hotel history

Does anybody know any web cites or know any good books that tell the history of the disneyland hotel.

Re: disneyland hotel history

ahhhhhhhhh i am in this thread alone helpppppppppppppp:0)

come one people dont make me get on my hands and knees now.......

• Sshhh, being very quiet

There is an excellent new book on just this subject. Check Amazon for Disneyland Hotel or they also have it at Compass Books at DTD. It's not cheap but a wealth of information

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    There is an excellent new book on just this subject. Check Amazon for Disneyland Hotel or they also have it at Compass Books at DTD. It's not cheap but a wealth of information
    Not sure if this is the same book Spectro is talking about. But they reviewed a DLH book at mouseplanet.
    http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050817lt.htm

• Mousketeer

http://www.magicalhotel.com/

One of our Micechatters (oldhotelguy) is the writer of the book and runs this website I think. It's a great website

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by misterp102778
    come one people dont make me get on my hands and knees now.......
    Please make a note for the future: Fourteen minutes and no response to your posting is way too short a time period to panic about it. Give it overnight at the very least.

Much nicer that the old days of Usenet News and mailing lists, when all the traffic was passed between the computers in overnight modem calls at 300 baud - it took at least one, perhaps two days for the question posting to reach all the participants, and another day or two for the answers to start trickling back in.

Yeah, I know - yet another "When I was your age..." post. And I forgot to add the "Thirty miles, in the snow, Uphill Both Ways" part.

Oh, and in response to the original question: Google on the Wrather Corporation also when looking for info about the Disneyland Hotel, as Disney didn't build or operate it. There was no money left after building Disneyland, so Walt applied substantial pressure and got a friend in the hotel business to build the hotel.

They had to buy the whole Wrather company to get the hotel name rights back - and IIRC this purchase is also how Disney ended up in control of the Queen Mary for a while...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Drunk On Disney

Yeah, the fact that Disney owned the Queen Mary was fascinating. I wish they had done something fun with it. It's still an awesome place to visit AND it's near the Marina from the opening credits of Gilligan's Island (Alimitos Bay.)

Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Quote Originally Posted by misterp102778
    Does anybody know any web cites or know any good books that tell the history of the disneyland hotel.
    You can check out my website at www.magicalhotel.com for lots of interesting items on the Disneyland Hotel and some information on the book. I would also be happy to answer any questions you may have on the Hotel's history.

Quote Originally Posted by SpectroMan
    Sorry about the price. I had very little input into that. If you only knew publication costs, advertising, publicity.....I should have listened when someone warned me..."if you want to make $1 an hour, write a book."

www.magicalhotel.com

• Shubisha

Are there a lot of good pictures of the hotel from the late 80's early 90s period not found around the web in the book? Or mostly pictures from the early periods?

edit: just read the title :P the early years -1988 doh heh. nevermind. :/

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    Are there a lot of good pictures of the hotel from the late 80's early 90s period not found around the web in the book? Or mostly pictures from the early periods?

edit: just read the title :P the early years -1988 doh heh. nevermind. :/
    Yes, I focused on the years that the Wrather's owned the Hotel which was from 1954-1988. If sales are good, I plan to come up with a latter edition as well. The one thing I like about my book most is the photos. I have some great overhead shots, old brochures, construction shots and other local area hotels. I love the pictures!!!!

www.magicalhotel.com

• Inhospitable about happy

I just started a thread about the DL Hotel minigolf within the last hour. Oldhotelguy, does your book have any good photos of that thing? It was absolutely wonderful, full of imaginative Disney designs, and it's too bad there isn't a detailed photo spread of the entire course somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by HBG2
    I just started a thread about the DL Hotel minigolf within the last hour. Oldhotelguy, does your book have any good photos of that thing? It was absolutely wonderful, full of imaginative Disney designs, and it's too bad there isn't a detailed photo spread of the entire course somewhere.
    I have lots of pictures on that plus, interestingly enough, I just won a postcard from the mini-golf course on Ebay. I have actual scorecards from the course and at least 40 or 50 pictures of it. In the book, I think I have at least a couple of pictures on it. I'll check. I know I have at least a paragraph or two on the individual holes as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast