Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Should Disney Capatilize on it's more mature properties for new attractions?

Quote Originally Posted by pixie chick
    First, welcome to MC!! Great first post!!!
    Thanks for the props. It means something coming from someone who is standing next to Julian Sark.

So what would an ALIAS attaction be?
    - a rollercoaster that flies through random letters in the names of various cities. Why? Absolutely no reason.
    - A Temple of Rambaldi where you can swim through red goop and experience a half-buried A.A. Sloane droning on and on about destiny…for all eternity!
    - A dark ride through the CIA Hall of Wigs
    - Zombie Nadia: The Musical
    - a rollercoaster that goes on for 2 season too many

Ouch. That last one was just mean. Poor ALIAS. I loved it so once. Best Pilot Ever! Pretty good finale. Not sad to see it go. But SO JEALOUS when I saw those pics of you Miceagers with the cast. That's better than any freaking ride.

• Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Should Disney Capatilize on it's more mature properties for new attractions?

you know what, initially, i would say no, but then i remember indiana jones......

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Disney, of course, also owns ESPN (one of the company's major cash cows, by the way).

Imagine the thrill of a dark ride based on Barry Bonds reality show. Flying syringes coming at you...or tubes of flaxseed oil...or how about "Honey I Shrunk His Head" (back to the size it was about ten years ago)...

--Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• that's right!

I can't imagine how Lost would translate into a ride. It would have to be a temporary installation like they always have near Backdraft at Universal.

• Banned User

It has been proven that rides with a serious and more realistic theme lasts way longer than a little kids ride. Just look at POTC and HM. Indy is also one of those that would last an excess of 30+ years.

The problem with using something like "Lost" (or "Finding Nemo" or "Buzz Lightyear" for that matter) at Disneyland is that, while the show may have a certain imaginativeness, the story definitely has a contemporary setting.

"Star Wars", on the other hand, is set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, just as the Disney fantasies are set once upon a time.

The non-descript nature of these settings and their removal from contemporary reality are essential to the lasting appeal the stories possess. They transport guests into another dimension.

Most Disney stories are interpretations of classic literature, and that fact is one of the reasons Disneyland is as popular today as it was half a century ago. The stories have been planned to stand the test of time.

retracted

• Dark Side Baddie

NO! GOD, NO!
    Adult television shows the basis for attractions at Disneyland, even DCA? Heaven forbid. Terrible to even comprehend.

• Sock Puppet

I will agree with the post that doesn't want the mature properties in the Magic Kingdom. But I still say the backlot is the perfect place for a Lost attraction or Alias. Both shows have a pretty strong fan base and the story of Lost will stand the test of time. Because Lost isn't a show, it is an event each wednesday. Think of it as a televised serial novel of sorts. Also consider that the show is expanding from just being television show into a huge web experience. I think an attraction can lend itself to the story.

*tee hee like the idea of AA Sawyer giving you a sarcastic nickname.

I would love to see them update TSI with a Lost theme. They could throw a few hatches on the island, and if you cross a line in the sand, some "others" will come and steal your children. If you misplace any items in the park, they will be sent to the island where you will have to haggle with a Sawyer character to get them back.

• Remember the Magic

Perhaps a night-time version of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters (ala Rockit Mountain) based on Boston Legal. All the aliens are replaced with lawyers and everytime you shoot one your car shouts "Denny Crane!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234