Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Sock Puppet

Should Disney Capatilize on it's more mature properties for new attractions?

Lost, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomie, Alias, etc. As you know, all of these properties belong to ABC/Disney and all are extremely succesful. What if instead of focusing on the family friendly world of pixar or Disney animation, they focus on these properties that are targeted towards adults for their latest thrilling attractions? The middle two probably won't work, but what about the first and last entries? Would a Dharma Intiative attraction work in Tommorrow Land or Hollywood? Or what about an Alias 3d film? Could these mind blowing shows be what DCA needs to re-juvenate itself?

I think yes, especially for Lost, because it's story has now moved from just being a TV show to other mediums that are supporting the story. It wouldn't be hard to fathom an attraction that would support the same story. Imagine the promotion they could do for both the attraction and the show. You could probably place it next to ToT.

And then there's Alias, I think either a 3D film or live action stunt show would be in order for this one.

Or what about the possibilities of a ABC studios sub area of Hollywood Pictures backlot. With props and film clips of various ABC shows that wouldn't ordinarly make good attractions. Heck even bring in old Home Improvement or Boy Meets World (YAY!) sets to bring in nostalgia. I think an idea like this would compiment the area very well.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Re: Should Disney Capatilize on it's more mature properties for new attractions?

i donno, im not saying some of it wouldnt be interesting but i dontthink it would work well in parks like disneyland and CA. Universal might be a good plae though, a little more modern action themed over there. thats just me though.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Re: Should Disney Capatilize on it's more mature properties for new attractions?

Hmm, a Dharma Initiative attraction could be trippy...

(THE BOB, can't wait to see you Sunday!)

• Minion

I vote no on this one.

• Sock Puppet

Well, I think sometimes change is needed, and how many times must we see a pixar film adapted into an attraction? I'm not saying that my idea is incredibly original, because it is in the same lines as adapting pixar films. But it would be very unexpected and maybe a breath of fresh air. And saying that action attractions should only be for Universal is thinking inside the box. ABC has thrived over the last year because they strayed away just a tad from family friendly entertainment into very thought provoking but still very action packed products. DisneyLand could still do the same.

(SpeederScout: I'm very excited to see you and everyone else on Sunday, it'll be nice.)

I rode the Desperate House Wife ride, and all I got was the clap.

• Iron-Clad Allie

A Desparate Housewives attraction would be interesting. These good looking and bizarre ladies would each represent a wild new kind of Disney Princess. A LOST ride would be cool, as well. ESPN would lend itself to more than one great attraction.

Times are changing. The DL Resort needs to do the same.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 05-19-2006 at 06:56 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Desperate Housewives,
    I dunno I think we would all be dissapointed if we went on this ride and came off without having been laid...and other than that what point would a ride about this hold?

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I dunno I think we would all be dissapointed if we went on this ride and came off without having been laid...and other than that what point would a ride about this hold?
    Um, well my idea was more targeted towards Lost or Alias. I don't think Desperate Housewives would actually be a good attraction, but I'm trying to support my idea by pointing out the succes of ABC's mature content and how it should be utilized and that doesn't always mean a 'ride'. A Desperate Housewives attraction could be as simple as a display of props and sets from the show. But yeah, a ride, that would be god awful.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I don't watch Lost or Alias so I don't think a ride like that would have a repeatability factor for me. Something ilke that might work in the backlot at DCA but its' just VERY hard to seperate Disneyland and children and animation attractions with Disneyland and adult and TV drama attractions.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

I only think attractions based on these properties would work in DCA's Hollywood Pictures Backlot.

Or maybe they could make Tarzan's Treehouse into the "LOST" treehouse. God knows Tarzan needs to go... But even still, I don't know if a TV show would fit in Disneyland. I'm thinking DCA is still a better option.

I'm thinking a LOST simulator ride in the Millionaire building might be kinda cool. Not sure if the space is really there though.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Just after Disney had acquired Miramax, I thought a Pulp Fiction ride or show would have been amazing. Could you imagine the controversy that would have surrounded this? A lot of film-snobs would have shreiked in terror after realizing the film had been reduced to a pseudo-family friendly attraction: a Royal with Cheese coaster? Jack Rabbit Slim's Jamboree? Sounds good to me.

Anyway, my point is that while it can be done, it's like telling a joke in an elementary school classroom and not getting in trouble: it has to be beyond G-rated or extremely subtle.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

The vast majority of Disney attractions have been based on animated properties. True, there was 20,000 Leagues, the Jungle Cruise and the original treehouse. But there was a fantasy element in each of those that worked with a theme park attraction. I don't see how any of the shows you mentioned would lend themselves to a ride. They're just a bit too real for me.

Interesting idea, though!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    The vast majority of Disney attractions have been based on animated properties. True, there was 20,000 Leagues, the Jungle Cruise and the original treehouse. But there was a fantasy element in each of those that worked with a theme park attraction. I don't see how any of the shows you mentioned would lend themselves to a ride. They're just a bit too real for me.

Interesting idea, though!
    That's exactly what I was thinking. Without fantasy, you have daily boring life drama. How would that be a fun attraction? Slutty women in the suburbs? Meh, you can go to Universal Studios and see the set and it's still not that great. Lost? It's basically the jungle cruise on land without any animals.

ESPN is sports. If I wanted to play sports, I would have saved the $50+ and tossed a football around with my friends.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Ehh, I vote no on this one.

Alias is in it's last season currently, so I don't think that that would be a good idea.

The shows you have listed don't really strike me as "family", you know? They're great for more adult audiences, but I don't think most kids would appreciate it. Not that Disney shouldn't appeal to adults, but when I hear "Disney", I don't think of ABC television.

Plus, they're tv shows...more often than not, it's difficult to condense something from a tv show into something else that is singular. There's so many character arcs and different things that happen in the series...if you don't know about it, it's hard to get into it. Movies are easier to use because they have a time limit, limiting characters, plot etc.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast