Hotel Recommendations?

I know that most of you are local and have APs, but was hoping that some of you may have had experience with some of the hotels around Disneyland.

This will be my first trip to Disneyland (Have been to Walt Disney World many many times), and some of my family members and I are headed out to California in September to do the half-marathon and enjoy the parks. We currently have reservations and park tickets for the 17th-19th but were looking for a hotel to stay at for the 14th-16th. I spoke with a Disney Sports agent to book the Paradise Pier for the 17th-19th, but she wasn't able to help me with the other two days as she said we'd have to buy more park tickets if she were to help us book for the other night.

She did suggest four hotels nearby that are listed as moderates and I was hoping that I might be able to get some input on the hotels and which if any to avoid. The hotels she recommended are Tropicana, Best Western Stovealt?, Anaheim fairfield Marriot, and the Anaheim Camelot. (she gave the the telephone numbers for them as well).

Can anyone share experiences or impressions of these hotels?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Hotel Recommendations?

If you don't mind using Priceline and taking a shuttle to the park ...

I just got the Hyatt Regency for $50 for next Thursday night. You can usually get this hotel for this price during the weekends to.

As far as the hotels you mentioned ... I haven't stayed in any of them so I can't help you there.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

We have stayed at the Anaheim Fairfield and it is an OK about a 2*hotel. It is a short walk to the park and there is Millie's coffee shop out front and a McDonalds. But I have to agree with Sir clinksalot about using priceline, anymore that is what we use and always get 3* hotels for about $50 a night. We are coming on May 28-31 and got 2 rooms at the Crowne Plaza for $45 a night each through priceline.

• I'm your huckleberry.

I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza Hotel, and just LOVED it! Got a great price from Priceline (I think Priceline). The shuttle was a nice change from using the parking structure too. I highly recommend it!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

The Anaheim Camelot is a new name change. It used to be the Anaheim Park Inn. It is next door to the Carousel Hotel. We stayed there a couple of years ago. Nothing fancy but clean room, close to the park, next door to McDonals.
    Recently we have been staying at the Carousel Inn in a 3 bedroom suite so that the kids and Grandma all have their own room.
    Or you could try Expedia and check the paradise Pier for the extra days you need.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

I just check Expedia and they do have rooms at the Paradise Pier on September 14-16 for $165 a night.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

• no flash photography...

The tropicanna and camelot are both decent and within easy walkign distance from the park.

Pircelien is another great way to find a hotel. the crowne plaza was wonderful....memorial weekend we got a room at the hilton for $77.00. I ahve never stayed there, but it looked decent enough as well...

• Donalds younger brother

pardise pier ;0P