Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 85
  1. #1

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11

    Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    I was at disnetland last night for Grad night finishing my shopping and i was at the register and my friend asked if if he could have a big bag to put all of his little bags in. and he said it nicely with a please on top. Well the CM Turns to him and give him a cold "NO", i muttered that that wasn't very disney like. And he said That he could treat us like that becuase it is Grad Night. now i don't think it was true. But what give the CM the right to say that to any customer. I paid to come to the park just like the other people.
    I spin it, You Believe it.
    Adults with small children do more shoplifting then teenagers

  2. #2

    • Scentsy Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the jungle.
    Posts
    5,902
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    wow. sounds like someone was being testy becuase they got scheduled to work that late!!

  3. #3

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Well, here's the thing, Grad nights are the nights where the most vandalism and theft happens. That is why you couldn't have more bags then what you needed. And the fact that you and your friend asked for more makes me believe that you were in fact trying to steal, why else would you need more bags? And cast members have to be on their toes during grad nights, because more than 50% are going to cause trouble.

  4. #4

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    wow. sounds like someone was being testy becuase they got scheduled to work that late!!
    That's not true, it is policy not to give out extra bags on Grad nights. Someone was testy because Grad nights are tough to work, because the crowd is the loudest most abnoxious to deal with. And again, alot of vandalism, theft, and fights break out.

  5. #5

    • Scentsy Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the jungle.
    Posts
    5,902
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    That's not true, it is policy not to give out extra bags on Grad nights. Someone was testy because Grad nights are tough to work, because the crowd is the loudest most abnoxious to deal with. And again, alot of vandalism, theft, and fights break out.
    sorry i did not understand the policies of grad nights. however, i have had situations where i have bought several smaller items at other stores and asked for a larger bag to put them all in. granted, i did not do this at grad nite where the rules are different. i just think it's sad that we have to be so pessimistic and worst-case-scenario thinking toward high school kids and grad nites in general. true, there are some bad eggs out there...but i hate negative assumptions. but, it seems like you can't get around those nowadays.


    maybe, instead of turning Disneyland into a giant night club which enhances the atmosphere of figts, maybe they should keep it the happy, calm place that DL is. are there seriously statistics that say that grad nites have more theft than any regular day in the park? or is this just said because the general population that is in the park those specific nights are of a certain age range and are "known and prone" to committing those acts?

  6. #6

    • insufferable know-it-all
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Location: Location
    Posts
    9,648

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    The CM knows he can get away with it because City Hall is closed on grad nites.

    I can top that one. On my grad nite (in 95, if you can imagine!), we were forced -forced- to sit 3-to-a-row on BTMRR. Now, mind you, I know that families with kids can do this. However, three overweight teenage girls cannot. I tried to tell the CM that I knew we wouldn't fit, and he insisted that we would and had to. So we climbed in. Well, I was right, we didn't fit, so one of us had to sit forward in the seat, perched on the edge. And as you may recall, BTMRR has a single safety bar, which can only be set as far in as the furthest "out" person, which in our case was someone who wasn't even able to sit well back in the seat.

    Sounds safe, no?

    Now, the obvious aside, there ARE justifications for SOME of the "stricter" CM behavior on Grad Nites. After parents of small children, teens are the most dangerous group of people to visit Disneyland (possibly even more dangerous than parents of small kids, but we could have an entire separate discussion about that). For safety and security reasons, the sheer volume of guests from that single demographic do require the entire resort to be on its toes. And, broken window theory being what it is, cannot really afford to let anything slip by.

    Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...



  7. #7

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    And the fact that you and your friend asked for more makes me believe that you were in fact trying to steal, why else would you need more bags?
    OMG!!!! What a horrible thing to say!!! They were asking for a larger bag to put all their little bags in, something I have done many times a DL. I think it is just so wrong of you to accuse these kids of planning to steal.

  8. #8

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Quote Originally Posted by MissChristine
    sorry i did not understand the policies of grad nights. however, i have had situations where i have bought several smaller items at other stores and asked for a larger bag to put them all in. granted, i did not do this at grad nite where the rules are different. i just think it's sad that we have to be so pessimistic and worst-case-scenario thinking toward high school kids and grad nites in general. true, there are some bad eggs out there...but i hate negative assumptions. but, it seems like you can't get around those nowadays.


    maybe, instead of turning Disneyland into a giant night club which enhances the atmosphere of figts, maybe they should keep it the happy, calm place that DL is. are there seriously statistics that say that grad nites have more theft than any regular day in the park? or is this just said because the general population that is in the park those specific nights are of a certain age range and are "known and prone" to committing those acts?
    Not known and prone, can and will when given the chance. Teenagers don't have the same boundaries and for the most part not good supervision as regular guests. And the CMs don't act like that because City Hall is closed, it is because those are the measures that must be taken. It would be very very nice to have it be calm and relaxing, but to make any utopian enviroment it all depends on the behavior of the people. And like I said, teenagers believe that don't have boundaries, now not all of them are bad apples, just a good majority, it also depends on what schools and the areas they come from are attending.

    And cast members act the way they do and follow through with those policies to protect the grads. If the grads get caught doing anything on grad nights, they do not walk.

  9. #9

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Hey Don't assume we were stealing becuase thats not us. I do understand that policy.also he could have been a little nicer with the no. Like saying" Im sorry we can't do thatbecuase of policy we have in place tonight." But he could have took the stapler and stapled the bag shut. and he only needed the bag becuase he had like ten of the medium/small bags and its hard to walk around like that.and it was right at the end and therre was only five minutes left. and were just about to walk to the bus. And don't say i steal becuase that is slander and i don't apreciate it.
    I spin it, You Believe it.
    Adults with small children do more shoplifting then teenagers

  10. #10

    • Scentsy Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the jungle.
    Posts
    5,902
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Not known and prone, can and will when given the chance. Teenagers don't have the same boundaries and for the most part not good supervision as regular guests. And the CMs don't act like that because City Hall is closed, it is because those are the measures that must be taken. It would be very very nice to have it be calm and relaxing, but to make any utopian enviroment it all depends on the behavior of the people. And like I said, teenagers believe that don't have boundaries, now not all of them are bad apples, just a good majority, it also depends on what schools and the areas they come from are attending.

    And cast members act the way they do and follow through with those policies to protect the grads. If the grads get caught doing anything on grad nights, they do not walk.
    can and will? wow. i guess i didn't get the memo in high school that i was supposed to be stealing and breaking things, just because i was between the ages of 13 and 19.

  11. #11

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    387

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Now I'm sorry that you believe I was slandering you. But you need to understand that CMs are fully on their toes during these nights and by asking for more than one bag makes them assume that you do not have good intentions. But starting a fight with the clerk is not the way to go, arguing with the clerk is just a red flag for them to think that you are up to something.

  12. #12

    • That's Hawt
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    6,989

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    And he said That he could treat us like that becuase it is Grad Night. now i don't think it was true.
    This doesn't sound like the OP was starting a fight to me at all! Even regarding the policy, a CM should still treat the grads with respect.
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s



  13. #13

    • Scentsy Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    In the jungle.
    Posts
    5,902
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    like Micey said....i didn't hear anywhere that a fight was being initiated. and...if this all really did happen right before the kids were let out to go to their respective busses, i'm sure they were all tired and ready to go home...i remember my grad nite, practically the entire group from my school was sleeping on the benches and steps of city hall waiting to be allowed back to the busses.

  14. #14

    • I'm your huckleberry.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    6,176

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    And the fact that you and your friend asked for more makes me believe that you were in fact trying to steal, why else would you need more bags?
    How about because its easier to carry one big bag than twelve little bags.

    I cannot believe you just called this kid a thief!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

  15. #15

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    11

    Re: Whats The Difference Between A Grad And Day Customer

    Quote Originally Posted by THE BOB
    Now I'm sorry that you believe I was slandering you. But you need to understand that CMs are fully on their toes during these nights and by asking for more than one bag makes them assume that you do not have good intentions. But starting a fight with the clerk is not the way to go, arguing with the clerk is just a red flag for them to think that you are up to something.
    Now we didn't start a fight with the clerk at all. he said no i asked why and he said that he could becuase its grad night now if anything i would have thought he started the fight. and i agree with the other post. I Didn't get the memo that since im a teenager that im going to steal. and maybe the bob could change the statment earlier that said i steal stuff. also after i finsed PAYING for my items we had a nice talk about where he went to HS and where we were from.
    I spin it, You Believe it.
    Adults with small children do more shoplifting then teenagers

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Worst customer service ever.
    By EagleWings in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-23-2007, 11:58 AM
  2. whats the difference between nintendo ds, and ds lite ??
    By Hakuna Makarla in forum The Tech Lounge
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 04:59 PM
  3. Awesome customer service...
    By twinmom in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 07:09 PM
  4. Club 33 Customer Service !?!?!?!
    By Erika Ruth in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-05-2006, 05:50 PM
  5. Family Guy and American Dad....Whats the difference?
    By Disney Wrassler in forum MiceChat News Archive
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-04-2005, 09:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •