Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

The most dangerous guests

I put this idea forward in another thread, but wanted to give it its own thread before discussing it (to avoid derailing the other thread).

What I said was that the two most dangerous "groups" of guests in the park are teenagers and parents of small children.

Teens, well, that's the obvious one. Many teens lack the experience or discretion to act in the interests of safety. Decades of DUI accident records can't be wrong. Obviously not ALL teens are dangerous, but as a group, they are definitely leaders in unsafe behavior.

But many people will be surprised by the "parents of small children" one. Why do I say that? Simply: they are so singularly focused on their kids that they do so at their own (and everybody else's) peril.

Example: Parents are so focused on their kids' safety that they actually endanger themselves and everyone else. This happened all the time at Indy. Guests board the vehicles, and they're supposed to sit down and buckle up. The way Indy works, once the guests are seated, the car is released to the next station hold to check seatbelts. Well what happens is a family boards the vehicle, everyone sits down, the CM releases the vehicle as soon as everyone is seated. However, the parent no sooner sits down than they stand back up again to check their kids' seatbelts because they don't trust the CMs to do it. Meanwhile, the vehicle lurches into motion, throwing the parent off balance (and sometimes into their kids' laps), the CM sees them standing, calls a hold on the vehicle, the vehicle stops suddenly (because it cannot continue forward with a standing guest), and the parent then falls forward onto the heads and shoulders of the row in front of them.

Another example: Parents are so focused on their kids' experience that they endanger their safety to guarantee a good time. This happens pretty much at every attraction that has a height requirement. Parents refuse to believe that height restrictions have any basis in actual safety, so they actively participate in trying to get undersized kids on rides which are not appropriate for them. Or they take their kids on rides that are too intense for them, hoping it'll "build character". See the case of the little kid that died after going on Mission Space.

Perhaps others on this board care to confirm or refute my arguments. Please keep it civil, folks.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Re: The most dangerous guests

Britney Spears Must be stopped. Almost dropped the kid.....Oooops she did it again. She is indeed dangerous.

As for Parents and teens...well, its not agaist the law to be stupid. Thats why they have the Darwin awards. I do Hope Ms. Spears wins that award someday, but leaves her kid(s) off that list.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Another example: Parents who insist on lifting their small children off the seat during the Splash Mountain drop.

• Sock Puppet

Another example: Parents who pull a MJ and lift their babies up on the Astro Orbitor.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Since I'm the one that got riled up and this one doesn't really make me feel any better about your opinions, I am going to decline to comment much. Except that a parent putting themselves in danger, does not make them dangerous.

Honestly, my feelings on this matter could have been avoided by one simple word being added: some. Some parents are stupid, some teenagers are stupid, some old people are stupid, some dogs are stupid, some CM's are stupid, just as some of those without kids or pets are stupid... but "Parents of small children" are not, as a whole, dangerous or stupid.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

This post diserves to die

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by All Aglow
    Honestly, my feelings on this matter could have been avoided by one simple word being added: some. Some parents are stupid, some teenagers are stupid, some old people are stupid, some dogs are stupid, some CM's are stupid, . . .
    Exactly. Well said.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

My opinon is that adults over 21 are the most dangerous.the amount of DUI's in people under 21 is way lower then people over 21 by the simple fact that there are more of them and it is easier to get the substances. A proven fact that illegal substances owned over 21 is about double or less that of those under 21. So the facts show that since there are more of them. with easier access to alcohol that adults over 21 are more dangerous.
    But There is always the on teenager out of 10000 that get hit by a slow movieng train, or chokes a mman with a wireless phone.
    I spin it, You Believe it.
    Adults with small children do more shoplifting then teenagers

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

why are we bringing this stuff up again, just in different words? the other thread agreed to avoid the topic as there is pretty much no way to discuss it without attacking people. the same actions should be done here.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I put this idea forward in another thread, but wanted to give it its own thread before discussing it (to avoid derailing the other thread).
    You can't really single out one group, because they all have good and bads. But to generalize, you could say teens, or more pre-teens. 11-15, middle school. They don't have the brains in groups that the older kids (17+) usually do.

However one group of groups that is horrible 99% of the time: South American tour groups. You have 1) group of teens. Trouble. 2) Group in another country (we all know you think you can pull extra **** in another country ). More trouble. 3) Chaperones who usually seem to be happy they are in America, regardless of what the kids are doing. It never equals a good time.
    Now I read somewhere once that many of the tour group kids are the "rich" kids who at home get away with things because they are rich so that translates to get away with it in America too...but I cannot verify that.

And of course, Gangstas in Disneyland. Biggest issue of them all.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Honestly, my feelings on this matter could have been avoided by one simple word being added: some. Some parents are stupid, some teenagers are stupid, some old people are stupid, some dogs are stupid, some CM's are stupid, just as some of those without kids or pets are stupid... but "Parents of small children" are not, as a whole, dangerous or stupid.
    Couldn't have said it better

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Ok time for cocoa

Back when I was a RO (ride Operator) I will attest to the soccor moms being very "competitive". Cheating the height requirment, complaining their child was denied something. I oftend thought that this was the center of child abuse. The way little arms are yanked or kids forced to ride. The tears.

Anyway, if you like to people watch, sit in Camp Snoopy. Go on a day that was heavily discounted. You will see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Spin Doc
    the amount of DUI's in people under 21 is way lower then people over 21 by the simple fact that there are more of them and it is easier to get the substances. A proven fact that illegal substances owned over 21 is about double or less that of those under 21.
    Which makes the fact that people under 21 have more DUI-related accidents so mind boggling.

• love my friends

Since I'm the one that got riled up and this one doesn't really make me feel any better about your opinions, I am going to decline to comment much. Except that a parent putting themselves in danger, does not make them dangerous.

I agree with you....... it isnt ALL PARENTS of small children, I have seen some parents do the stupidest things though...... pulling there kids out of the car behind them.. dont they realize this is what happen on roger rabit.. a mom was taking the young child from the child from the car behind him, she dropped the child and he was injured severly..

I have never done this being a parent of small children, but I have seen it alot of times

Friends for life

• Sock Puppet

Alright, here's the thing alot of people don't understand, CMs see a whole lot more than most guests. Anybody who works at Disney has seen the majority of people in the park and understand that although the sharpest knifes in the drawer in the real world. Most people decide to turn the minds off and expect everything to just go to plan. When things don't go to plan (IE, child not being tall enough to ride, THINKING that lap bars have not been properly checked, long lines etc.) they are so hard pressed to make things right that they do dangerous and stupid things like start fights run towards a moving vehicle and the sort. Parents of small children are most of the time the hugest suspects (teenagers are a different story entirely, with different motivations and different mind sets) just because they want their vacation to go right. Not alot of non locals understand that Disney has rules and that upsets them the minute something goes right, so on more than one occasion they take matters into their own hands and sometimes put themselves and other in danger. Other times they just inconvenience others, but not watching where they are running their strollers into and lifting children over their heads during fireworks and overall not planning to find a spot an hour ahead of time for Fireworks and Fantasmic.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast