Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Art of DL" Book, 50th CD set release - when?

I recall seeing a post on someone's boards a while back that the Bruce Gordon/Jeff Kurtti (sp?) book on the "Art of Disneyland" (already available in Florida), and the 50th anniversary CD of Disneyland sounds/music developed by Randy Thornton, with liner notes by Stacia Martin (and possibly others, sorry I cant recall), would be released at Disneyland on Sunday May 1. However, I have seen nothing official on this. I guess the reason it might be a Sunday would be for a signing etc, which would be nice ... its been so long since a book signing like the wonderful ones they used to have at the Gallery - but the Gallery is not scheduled to reopen until the 5th. Anyone know when these are coming out, and if there is a signing, or ???

Also, a bit of an unrelated issue, but ... now that we all know the 4th of May will find THPOE open for invited guest/press only, will stores be open that day? Will special items sold to the public on the 5th be sold on the 4th as well? Any stores castmembers out there that have info on this? And, I also thought I read here or somewhere that Kinkade would reveal his artwork of the castle on the 4th or 5th - any news on that release?

Thanks folks!

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

I thought the cd was coming out on MAy 3rd.

• "Retired" DL Tour Guide

from what I've heard, they're planning on releasing 3 cds -- a highlight disc, a two disc set, and a 4 or 5 disc "special edition" set or something to that effect. I would expect them in early May.
    -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
    -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
    --DCA: World Of Color

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

Art of Disneyland is being released on the 5th, already available at WDW. CD's on the 3rd.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Banned User

Whats the tracklisting for the CD set?

• Rainicorn.

Will these be at Disneyland? I want to know if I should be saving my monies.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jmuboy
    Art of Disneyland is being released on the 5th, already available at WDW. CD's on the 3rd.
    WHY is the art of Disneyland not released in Disneyland yet, but it is available at WDW? I don't quite understand. Shouldn't it come out at WDW after DL if they are going to get it? That would make some sense to me!

• Que que no-tu-rah.

I'm interested in this CD set. Any more details on it besides a possible release date? A track listing would be great. I'm assuming it will feature attraction soundtracks, but if it's 5 CDs it must have a lot more on it. Soundtracks from other Disney parks? Soundtracks from extinct Disneyland attractions? This has the possibility of being an amazing set.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• Banned User

Oh man if Captain Eo is on that soundtrack..

• JMUBOY - 30 Yrs Of Magic!

The 6 cd set will have all DL tracks, area music, parade themes, ride throughs, etc. All this from past and present attractions.

As for Art of DL being sold now at WDW......it was a mistake on WDW's part and was not pulled from the shelves. It was supposed to be released the same day as DL.
    WALT'S DISNEYLAND DEDICATION SPEECH! - To all who come to this happy place, welcome! Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth can savour the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will become a source of joy, and inspiration to all the world.

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626
    Oh man if Captain Eo is on that soundtrack..
    I will cry of nostalgia.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• That's Hawt

Quote Originally Posted by yensid98
    I'm interested in this CD set. Any more details on it besides a possible release date? A track listing would be great. I'm assuming it will feature attraction soundtracks, but if it's 5 CDs it must have a lot more on it. Soundtracks from other Disney parks? Soundtracks from extinct Disneyland attractions? This has the possibility of being an amazing set.
    According to Randy Thornton himself there will be EVERYTHING you can hear in the park on these CD's. He has spent over a year compiling this. It should be AWESOME!!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

• Fastpass Hater

http://www.magicmusic.net/discuss/index.php?board=1

^A lot of disscussion about it here^

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market
    That thread only mentions the Dick Dale version of Space Mountain on the CD set. Why not the upcoming one? Oh well, keep my fingers crossed.

• Who's your DaddyB?

I might mention that you can call WDW Mail Order Services and order "The Art Of Disneyland" right now and it will be shipped to you. No need to wait until May 3rd (or 5th, or whenever)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast