Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Super saucy pixie!

Re: Story Book Lane... your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    That's a very good motto!
    Why thank you!

• Traveler to the south

I'm old school...they have gotten rid of too many original attractions! I say keep it!
    "Remember: when life gives you lemons, just be glad you're not a zebra."
    - Skipper Mike

• that's right!

I love that ride. It would be nice if the boats only held 2-3 people and were self powered, but that would kill capacity.

Doesn't Casey Jr. Circus train cover the same territory?

I think Storybook needs fastpass. There's always a line and I frequently never get to ride.

---And they seem limited. Storybookland canal boats never seems to open with the rest of the park, and certainly not at Early Entry.

They rarely stay open on late nights.

They need to be more available.

• The pride is back.

NEVAH! :

Why is it always the nice, charming, fun-for-all-ages-but-mainly-kids attractions that draw these kind of threads? Small World, Storybookland, etc. How 'about a "Do we really need Space Mountain" or "Gosh, doesn't Indy take up a heck of a lot of valuable real estate"? Just because you don't like something because it's too slow/quiet/uncool for you doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people who do. Just look at the lines!

• Tom Chaney R.I. P.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    I personally think it's about time for storybook land to go... what are your thoughts? Do you like the attraction or no, or what do you suppose it should be replaced with?
    I think they should keep both the boats and the train, But they do need to update it by putting a loop in both.
    THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

• Senior Minion

Never! It has so much to offer.

That ride always has a decent line no matter what time of year. It has alot to offer the next generations as well.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Love it! And it's great at Christmas because it's all decorated and the houses all have little wreaths on the front door. I think it's great for small children who may be apprehensive about going into a dark ride.
    A signature should go here.

• Sock Puppet

As a bookie, I say keep Storybook forever!!!!11one!omg. If the OP had any idea of the love we book CMs have for our ride, you would agree as well. Working Storybookland has been one of the best experiences ever and if I was there the entirety of the rest of my time at DL, I would be quite happy indeed. And a fun tid-bit. Storybook Lane is the term for the walkway behind parade viewing in front of book. And that can go for all I care. Worst. Position. Ever. Good god, people get your parade spots BEFORE the parade, plzkthxbai.

Pisces - suck it up and get in line. It's shorter than it looks. Fun fact- the Storybookland line, at its busiest and I mean capacity day extended extended queue ropes up, is not going to be much more than a 40 minute wait. Most you're looking at on a moderately busy day is like...20 minutes. And if you can't wait 20 minutes for a ride then...dude, why are you going to Disneyland? We've got lines. Everywhere. This ain't DCA. Now Peter Pan? You couldn't pay me to wait in that line. Not worth it. Storybook? Totally worth it.

And back I go into the woodwork before changing my screenname and posting more often. Hurrah.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    I'm quite sure that the "let's replace it with a new night time water show. And oh by the way my company makes custom night time water show equipment. blah blah blah." Isn't that the theme I've detected?
    Not a bad idea...for a different area. I just saw some photos of the Story book land, and it doesn't look that bad... now I say they should keep it, I change my mind a lot!

The only thing I might, emphasis on might, do is move Casey Jr and Storybook land to the MBC area. I often notice the line for Storybookland extending out into that clogged walkway, I might move it to that quiet little corner next to the Matterhorn. I think Casey Jr would be pretty over there as well. Right between Small World and the Matterhorn.

Then you have a nice sized area available for new rides. Personaly, I would love to see a full-sized Mr. Toad ride. The facade looks like Toad Manor, indoor and outdoor, many levels, cars riding up and down staircases kinda thing. Like a kid friendly version of Indy.

That would also allow them to expand Peter Pan to take up that entire side of FL.

• Part of Your World

I would be outraged if they took it away! While I will agree the boats are boring, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Casey Jr Circus train and how it plays the song while you go around the lands. It is so much fun to sit on the caboose and go backwards!

• Senior Minion

We, and a number of our friends, are big fans of the art of bonsai, and so taking the cruise every time we go gives us another chance to marvel at the wonderful work the gardeners of the DLR have done with the attraction through the year.

It's got that unique special charm that makes Disneyland Disneyland. Long may it run!

• Master of Disaster

maybe it should be recreated in DCA as a tour of california! you take your boat under the golden gate bridge, past a bunch of racing yaughts and then through wine country and the desert, ect.

now where to put it?

• Banned User

Both my wife and I love Storybook Land, and think it is one of the best parts of Fantasyland. We ride it multiple times on each trip to Disneyland, and usually try to catch it once during the day and once at night on each day of our visit. It could stand better speakers, as someone else already mentioned, and a return to the all female cast in skirts -- yes, I know, males worked the ride back in Walt's day.

Until last year we had always skipped Casey Jr because we thought it just ran over the same ground as Storybook. Last year we we rode Casey Jr for the first time (and I've been visiting the park since 1962!) and were surprised at how well this ride complemented Storybook Land. We promptly kicked ourselves for missing out on such a delightful ride for all of these years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast