Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Again! Again! Again!

Re: Story Book Lane... your thoughts.

Yeah, let's just get rid of all the orginal park rides!! Are you kidding me? And it has been rethemed....it's called Storybook Land. It used to be Canal Boats.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

I just went on Storybookland and the Casey Jr. Railroad my last visit to DL! And now this thread pops up. The last time I rode the boats was with a MiceChat group and we nearly sunk the boat. I'd never ridden the circus train.

Keep them! I especially liked the ducks that seemed to be living on one of the islands in the canals. The miniatures are *adorable*. I love them all.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Minion FOREVER!

Gosh, everyone's said everything about this already. (BTW. this thread's
    come up at least three times in my memory).

So I'm not adding anything by saying please keep it. :-)

The Storybook Land really is in someways the "core" of what Disneyland is all
    about and has its origins in the absolute origins of the whole concept of DL.
    (Walt wanted a miniture land w/ trains, it just kept growing and growing... that's
    why Storybook Land and Casey Jr are actually one attraction! Neat concept: 2 attractions in one!.... Hey, now what can we do about that Western themed "Pirates" ride and couple it w/ a runaway mine train!" "-)

• back in Austin

I love the Storybook Land Canal Boats. One of my favorite things in fantasyland! So regardless of its historical value, I would dearly miss it for its own sake. The attention to detail on all the miniatures fascinates me.

I think it's really sweet to get on this slow-moving boat and enjoy the scenery.

StorybookLand is my favorite at Disneyland!! I'm a major gardening fan so any trip thru is like a world of wonder for me!! And I love the minatures!! I can't wait to take my son on it this December!!

As an original, yes, keep it. A fine ride. However...if Pirates can get a makeover, StorybookLand could use one too. It needs new boats...a good sound system, with swivel seats so you can see both sides of the ride on one trip...and girls on the boats. With all the Disney movies that have come along since the opening of the attraction, they can't 'imagine' something more fancinating than 'a giant's patchwork quilt?' Lame and boring waste of space.
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

Thumbs up Re: Story Book Lane... your thoughts.

I love this ride. It is very sweet & as said by many others, is quite relaxing. And it is very romantic at night. PLEASE don't take it away! Does everything have to change to a Pixar theme ride??

• Dark Side Baddie

I took my son to DL for the first time when he was 20 months old and he absolutely LOVED it. The quaint boats, the miniature houses, the speed...all very conducive for an entertaining, relaxing time. I totally agree that the sound system should be upgraded on the boats but I firmly believe that training the cast members not to swallow the microphones while talking would go a long way to improve the audio experience for the Guests.

We found that, with a little one, we experienced DL in a completely different way than when we were teenagers or adults. We were forced to enjoy the A and B-tickets because of the boy...and ended up having the most fantastic time ever. We actually had to relax rather than sprint from E-ticket to E-ticket. Wonderful vacation. Number one attraction? The HORSES. Petting the horses, talking with the trolley operators, riding the trolley again and again and AGAIN...it really allowed us to enjoy the park in a manner that we had never experienced. Loved it.

God bless that Walt Disney.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234