Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

5/19 PHOTO UPDATE: Inside Pirates Pt.4, Pieces of Eight, McKim Window, +more!

Yet another update! Here we go:

SAM McKIM WINDOW
    Just a couple days ago, a window on Main Street was dedicated to Sam McKim, a Disney Imagineer who is most noted for his large Disneyland souvineer maps. The window is located right above the Main Street Photo Supply store at the end of Main Street USA.

INSIDE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN - Part 4
    Pirates of the Caribbean is once again filled with water. Who knows for how long though or for why, as we're all very much in the dark as to what's going on behind those doors.
    The four following photos were lightened in Adobe Photoshop so you could see everything a little bit better. Aside from lighteningh the images via adjusting their levels, there was no doctoring or anything done to these pictures. There are links to the original photos as well.

[ click here to see the original image ]

PIECES OF EIGHT AND CAFE ORLEANS
    A couple pictures of what's going on inside Pieces of Eight: Lots of construction. The new store concept sounds pretty neat. Imagineer Kim Irvine is behind the store redesign and the store is being transformed into a setting similar to the "Captain's Quarters" scene in the attraction. One of the original paintings by Sam McKim from Pieces of Eight when it was a Pirates Arcade is returning. Also, the nicely polished woodwork in the store has been beaten up with hammers and chains to give it a more "rustic" feel, according to Irvine in her interview in the Backstage Pass Annual Passholder newsletter - "We just beat the woodwork up like crazy and made it look like an old weathered inn."
    "One area will look like a trasure trove of jewels, coins, and swords. Hanging from the ceiling will be all types of fine fabrics, necklaces, diamonds and emeralds and pearls."
    ... "Also, many will recognize the Captain's canopied bed, which will be somewhat recreated as a merchandising wall bay!"
    "The cashier's counter is going to look like the harpischord from the attraction, with a big ship's stern window behind it. I'd have to say that's definately one of my favorite things"

Sounds interesting, no?

something strange happened when i took this picture and it merged the inside of the store and the outside of New Orleans Square. Weird!

And some scaffolding/work on the side of Cafe Orleans.

STAR TOURS FASTPASS IS GONE!
    FastPass at Star Tours is now completely gone. That awning is still there though, and has been painted to match the new blues of Tomorrowland. The FastPass queue entrance sign is still there though, but is turned completely off. These pictures were lightened in Photoshop so you could see the FP area.

MISCELLANEOUS
    Inside the Tower of Terror basement:

A blurry frontside and backside of water:

...and Space Mountain:

strobe lights!

A blurry re-entering of Station 77.

Alright, that's it! Hope you enjoyed the update!
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 05-20-2006 at 03:09 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Re: 5/19 PHOTO UPDATE: Inside Pirates Pt.4, Pieces of Eight, McKim Window, +more!

thanks! very much i like dl pics!

• Former Epcot CM

Re: 5/19 PHOTO UPDATE: Inside Pirates Pt.4, Pieces of Eight, McKim Window, +more!

Loved it, as always.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

So Cool!!

• Banned User

I wonder what they are going to use the cover for?? new entrance configuration?? stroller parking entrance??

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I wonder what they are going to use the cover for?? new entrance configuration?? stroller parking entrance??
    I've heard they're going to use it as more queue area. However, I think it would be better suited for Stroller Parking to clear up the center of the Tomorrowland walkway. It's not like they need anymore queue area for Star Tours with the large extended queue building that they have and rarely use anyway.

| | |

• For You!

Thank you for the backside of water picture - because, I wouldn't want to do that at home for fear I might bump my head on the faucet and get hurt!!! (yes, one of my favorite Jungle Cruise jokes)

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    Thank you for the backside of water picture - because, I wouldn't want to do that at home for fear I might bump my head on the faucet and get hurt!!! (yes, one of my favorite Jungle Cruise jokes)
    You're very welcome

| | |

• Banned User

They turned that cool strobe effect back on! I missed it for a while there. Thanks for the great pictures.

• Launch sequence engaged

I love these updates, keep it up MasterGracey!
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Rat Tat Tat.

I like the reentry picture, that's pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    First off, Great Pics Master Gracey!

Second, at the sight of this post I remembered the joe and just HAD to do it. Fortunately, I have one of those hooked faucets that allows just enough room to fit your head.A glorious sight, the backside of water is.

Yensidtlaw1969
    www.BrandonHardy-Art.com

https://www.facebook.com/Brandon.Hardy.Art

"The show's called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean. They're my babies, you know? I hate to see them fool around with 'em."
    -X. Atencio

"Whether I like it or not doesn't matter. Each new generation has the right to come in and do what they feel is right for the show -- and that's what they did."
    ~Alice Davis

great update as always! Ur the only update that I know of that has Inside Pirates Pics. I can;t wait for the next one!

• Banned User

Beautiful update, MASTER GRACEY!

You must be the child of Darkbeer

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Great photos, I just love the shots of stuff be worked on at DL. Keep it up and a big thanks.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast