Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Missing Disneyland Characters (Photos)

Everybody wants to be a cat - - get Scat Cat and his Alley Cats out again! Groovy, mama, groovy! They would be great in New Orleans Square. Disney on Parade 1973.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi
    Hey, it looks like Brer Fox got a face lift! He looks great, and so much more like his animated counterpart.
    Yes, he did...he has a lot more hair now too. They redesigned his tail; it used to point up. Kids would jump on it and nearly break the poor guy's back. Wonder where his partner is...
    "They's two B's in basketball!"

• Minion

>>I'm still waiting for Bernard, Bianca and Orville to make a comeback. The last time I saw the mice used was during the opening of Toontown in 1992, and even then the costumes were pretty well worn.<<

Yeah, they were definiely still around at Disneyland during the Rescuers Down Under period, but I don't remember them since.

Jaq and Gus used to be around all the time in former years too (in their normal clothes) - now just the ball versions used in the Electrical Parade are to be found. For some reason the generic girl mice took their place at meet and greets with Cinderella... sort of a strange choice.

Thumper and Flower were also DL regulars, now MIA.

• Minion

Here's one of Bernard on the net:

http://www.cataroo.com/bernard.jpg

• HollywoodsNewestSensation

Exclamation Pooh Characters... and SCROOGE!

Quote Originally Posted by merlinjones
    Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger are still the designs in use today - - but where does one find Kanga, Owl or Rabbit? Are these still in use somewhere?
    Piglet, Eeyore and Tigger are NOT the same as in these old pictures. They look much better now as well.

As far as Rabbit is concerned, sometimes he likes to come out in Critter Country with the others. He looks awesome.

The only place I've ever seen Kanga was in the Pooh castle show at Disneyland Paris.

Oh, and Scrooge came out of nowhere last Thanksgiving Day when Disneyland paraded that turkey down Main Street:

• Minion

...and Clara Cluck too!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The only place I've ever seen Kanga was in the Pooh castle show at Disneyland Paris.
    I remember seeing Kanga in I think the WDW Christmas parade on TV a few years ago.

This is a subject tht I have studied for decades.

I suggested on another website to have a photgraphic history of how the costumed characters have changed over the years.

Such as during the early '70s when mickey and mostly all of the other characters had gray eyes and slowly transformed into the black and white. If you look through valerie childs' books on Disneyland and Disney World you can clearly see the progression.

It makes perfect sense to me of how over the years how Mickey's and Minnie's eyes have looked the way they do. The fact that Bill Justice desgned most of them...his sketches and drawings have always made their distinction with their pupil placement.

The Disney on Parade pics are great....any chance of seeing the enitre program?

And also......what could have ever happened to the gurgi costume?

• the rum is always gone

Here are some pics of the old costumes of the main characters. Look how different Winnie the Pooh is. Even within these two pictures. What happened to his hunny pot?

And then here is Brer Bear and Fox (and rabbit)

• Munchings & Crunchings

The last time I saw Bernard and Bianca was more recent. They used to be in the Parade of the Stars up until it ended. Robin Hood also appeared off and on during that parade.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I sure would love to see more pics of the Gurgi costume! I've only ever seen it on the "Gold Classics" DVD of the Black Cauldron. I'm sure it was only used in limited instances, but I'd still love to see it.

• Disneyland Freak

Haha that last picture is classic! Rabbit should have been in front though. Still an awesome picture.

Gurgi was awesome. I wish Disney would rerelease Cauldron to theatres... would be interesting to see if the film picked up. I personally liked it, and I love Gurgi!!
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Minion

One thing they really did right on the old versions of the costumes was color choices - - lots of great subtleties. Some of the redos have really missed on this point.

• Minion

Here's an interesting Maleficent from Disney on Parade - - the colors seem to come from the Marc Davis pre-production sketches, rather than the final film palette.

• Disneyland Freak

I remember seeing the Evil Queen and Maleficent during the MSEP Farewell season... awesomeness.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast