Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Missing Disneyland Characters (Photos)

I live in Indiana and only get to WDW...
    The last three times I was down there Main Street was full of meet-n-greet characters. But as it has been pointed out, the kids (and many adults) don't know who the older movie characters are. In front of Tony's Restaurant was Pinocchio, Geppetto, Foulfellow and Gideon at the same time. In front of Town Hall was either Chip and Dale or Pluto and Goofy. Robin Hood, Friar Tuck and Prince John (sucking his thumb of course, but do lions have thumbs?) were in front of the Fire Station. Uncle Scrooge and Launchpad were in front of the Emporium, and of course Mickey and Minnie were in the circle park of Main Street. Like I said, the last three times I've been down there, this has been the line up.....coincidence?
    WDW is getting really good at putting characters in unexpected places in all four Orlando parks. At Animal Kingdom, aside from Camp MinnieMickey where the Fab F are in camping gear, many characters are located near their "country" of origin: Baloo and Louie in Asia, Terk and Rafiki in Africa, Flik/Princess Atta and Meeko the raccoon near the Tree of Life (Is there a Hopper character?). At Rafiki's Conservation Station, Pocahontas was standing in front of a painted flat of Grandmother Willow (and I found out that I had been in a wedding with her the year before!!!! Freaky!) and Stanley from Playhouse Disney was there also.
    The best for me, though is at Epcot. As you visit World Showcase, the characters from each of those areas are available for pics and autographs. In Canada I met Brother Bear and Koda, Belle and Beast were in France, Aladdin and Jasmine (and Genie) were in Morroco, the Pooh Family (sans kango/roo & owl) and Mary Poppins were in England (I wonder if the Alice family show up here?), Princesses Aurora and Cinderella were in Italy, and a patriotically costumed Mickey/Minnie/Pluto were at American Adventure.
    My favorite character encounter was the time I was shopping in the Villians Store at Disney/MGM and out of nowhere Jafar came sweeping in behind me and put his long bony fingers over me eyes! I needed fresh pants after that!

I was just looking through my old 4H scrap book (hey, it's what we did as kids in Indiana!) and found photos from the 1975/76 America on Parade floats. I wish I had the tech means to download them for you to see.
    If you were there then (I was ten then and didn't remember it until now) the parade was a salute to American History. The characters on the floats weren't Disney movie characters, but people dressed in period costumes with big fabricated heads (think life size bobble heads!) Has Disney ever done a parade since then that didn't feature movie characters?
    I also have a few character meet/greet photos (geez I was a nerdy little kid in 1975) with Chip, Donald and Mickey. All the costumes have dramatically changed since then! Donald's giant head use to give me the creeps, as is evident from the photo my Mom took!!!

Thanks for the links...good stuff!

That's so cool about Pocahontas and Jafar, LuckyJack. Wish I had encounters like that.

I looked at the links above and had never seen these guys before:

Abu (which looked horrible)
    Beast in his human form
    3 Caballeros (I know donald, but didn't realize the other two had costumes)
    Easter Bunnies (then again, I don't go during easter)
    Kuzco as a llama
    Pain + Panic
    Atlantis Characters
    Mike (I already knew there was a costume of him, but I wanted to comment on how good it looks. How did they fit a guy inside it?)
    and this wierd troll-thing called "Noka" that appears in the Norway region of Epcot

I want a pic of all the villains in a big ol' group, but who knows if that'll ever happen.....

• Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by James T Hook

Here is a fun site that gives ton's of information about charaters in general and the character dept.

http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Secrets/Characters.html

Have Fun!

A lot of the stuff on that page is guest speculation.

I wish they would bring back all the afternoon avenue characters...Gummi Bears, Tale Spin, Darkwing Duck, Rescue Rangers, etc.. i remember being overwhelmed as a kid when i saw all them walking around...and i remmeber Fat Cat from RR made me cry. priceless!

• Queen Elsa

Hi! I'm new to here and I've been liking what I have been reading. I'm a big Disney fan and a character hunter you can say I got about 76 different photos of different Disney characters. But some are doubles so I really have 142 pictures. I was at Disneyland on sat. June 10th and I didn't see Clarabelle Cow but I did see and got pictures of Brer Bear and Brer Fox. Will thanks of having me here.

• Regular Newbie :)

I love those old pictures! woot!

Quote Originally Posted by Uzmati
    Just tell me where to find Baloo .

I keep looking and can't ever seem to find him.
    We saw him on Main Street at WDW in April. Never seen him in DLR, though.

JULIE

I've seen Baloo sometime within the last year on the bridge between the hub and Adventureland.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345