Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tropicana Inn

• The Duck Rules

Tropicana Inn

Spent Saturday night at the Tropicana Inn and will not be staying there again.

Dropped off my luggage and went to the parks. First mistake.

When I came back to the room I noticed it smelled. I thought it was from the rehab it had just gone through.

The night was rough as my asthma kicked in and meds were not helping. I figured that it was from the glue or new carpet and that my allergies were kicking in. Not much sleep was had that night.

Sunday morning I checked with the front desk about the room and found out that I was put in a smoking room with no ashtrays(?). No wonder I was sick. The front desk confirmed my reservation said NON smoking because of asthma. They even said someone screwed up.

This morning the hostile GM for the hotel called me to inform me I was reassigned a smoking room because the hotel staff saw me smoking outside the lobby and that I smelled of smoke. I had just arrived from Carlsbad, from my non smoking home, in my non smoking car and I smelled of cigarettes? I guess I need to change deodorant. 

She argued with me that I smoke and that I was lying about it and continued to do so for 5 minutes. My boss was shocked at how I had to defend myself over “my smoking”. His first comment was, “do they understand customer service?”

I even said I would be happy to put people on the phone that would attest to me being a NON smoker. My asthma really kicks in around smoke.

She offered to comp me a room for one night, they pick the date. I said I was not looking for a comp room I wanted to know how I was booked into a smoking room when I requested a non smoking room. Her response, “We booked you into the room because you smoke”.

At that point I said thank you very much I will not be staying at your place again. So much for being a Good Neighbor Hotel.

Lesson learned, check the room very carefully before accepting. Also, I will try and only book places I have stay in before.

judimouse

• Rainicorn.

Aw. I'm so sorry. You should really file a complaint with the company, since they treated you in such a fashion. They'll compensate you and everything.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• The Duck Rules

Tropicana Inn

I am not looking for a comp. I just want them to admit they made a mistake.

Is that too much to ask for?

judimouse

• It's all nonsense

I've stayed there and never had any problems.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    We were there on Saturday night too. I am sad to hear that you had a negative experience. I have stayed there twice and have no complaints.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    That's pretty appalling that they tried to accuse you of smoking- why would you be asking for a non-smoking room if you smoked. The whole incident seems pretty incredible and I would try to get in touch with someone above the GM's head. If you want an apology, you are sure to get one from someone higher up in corporate, especially when you mention you have already posted the incident on the internet
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    That's pretty appalling that they tried to accuse you of smoking- why would you be asking for a non-smoking room if you smoked.
    Well I have to say I always get a non smoking room even though I smoke. Just because I can't stand the smell of smoke go figure huh

I've heard good things about Tropicana in fact they were on my list for a trip in May. I'm sorry to hear it was such a bad experience. I would suggest you go to the highest management possible and try and get some results, good luck!

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If you ask for a non-smoking room, that is what you should get. You might try letting Disney know that one of their "Good Neighbor Hotels" is treating guests like that. I'm sure they would be displeased.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Hey, that's not Rose!

As far as I am concerned, even if they DID "see" you smoking, what business is it of theirs to switch your room if you booked non?!?! That is the most rediculous thing I have ever heard. I know you say you don't want comp, but I would go to the top anyways. I would also call Disney travel and tell them how "not so good" that neighbor resort was.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. If you ask for a non-smoking room, that is what you should get. You might try letting Disney know that one of their "Good Neighbor Hotels" is treating guests like that. I'm sure they would be displeased.
    LOL i almost copied what you said without even reading it.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek
    LOL i almost copied what you said without even reading it.
    lol...what are the odds?
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I"m sorry you had such a bad stay!! That's absolutely ridiculous! I would defintely go above that gm's head and report her, that is no way to treat a customer, absolutely wrong. I've stayed at Tropicana twice now and had pleasant stays both times, in fact the second time I stayed there I opened our room door and was overwhelmed with the smell of smoke, I promptly went down to the front desk and asked to be switched and had no problem at all. I'm sorry to hear their customer service has dwindled

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

I'm sorry you had to deal with that - what a terrible experience. Thanks for letting us all know, though. I'll never stay there. Next time, stay at the Candy Cane Inn. I heart that place, and have had nothing but great experiences there.

This might be off-topic, but has anyone stayed at the Desert Inn Suites?

• Minion

I'm not trying to start anything, but is it possible it was a former smoking room that got "converted"? Because I'm pretty sure I've stayed in a few of those.

My friend and I were pretty grossed out by the Penny Sleeper..

Last time though, my mom accidentally booked us at the Ramada across the freeway, but it was great! It was less noisy, except for the fact that you could hear & see the fireworks PERFECTLY from the room we were in.

• Minion

We are booked at Tropicana for 7 nights in May.
    My daughter recommended it, after we felt Desert Inn had slipped on their standards.
    I also requested a non-smoking room. I will call a couple of days before we go and confirm a non-smoking. Thanks for the heads up. I am sorry you had a bad experience, and with your condition it is inexcusable. I don't really understand the terrorist tactics myself. I would report it for sure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast