Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Ursus H. Bear, ESQ

New Space Mountain Info!

This is at MousePlanet today...sounds cool...but I guess there wont be a launch after all. :/

Space Mountain – Space Station 77

After Space Mountain closed without advance warning on April 10, 2003 – just days before The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Playhouse Disney attractions opened – Disneyland released a statement saying that “Space Mountain will be redesigned and relaunched in conjunction with the Disneyland 50th Anniversary in 2005. Construction will begin immediately and additions such as new special effects, digital technology, an integrated audio sound system and a completely revamped queue will provide a new level of excitement to Space Mountain.” . . .

(ADMINISTRATOR NOTE: Please do not copy all the content off of another site. You may quote small bits, but not entire works. If you want to read the whole story, you may do so at Mouse Planet).

• Rainicorn.

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark
    A recording counts down to the first drop, and then riders are sent hurtling through the mountain on a “flight path” that is virtually unchanged from the original.
    Slightly disappointed by this. And here I was thinking the track would change, just a bit, to be a tad scarier. But I AM excited for the new effects and total darkness... and if that music that was leaked last night is any is in it.. count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by s8ntmark
    Imagineers hinted that there were even more surprises to be revealed when Space Mountain returned in July, and there have been rumors that the ride would be subtly transformed at night, perhaps with a new music track. It seems there is some merit to the rumors, as close inspection of the newly installed Space Mountain sign outside the attraction shows a second set of fiber-optic lights that read “Rockit Mountain.” It is also possible that Disney will reopen Space Mountain in July as planned, and save the launch of “Rockit Mountain” for Spring 2006, when Tower of Terror is scheduled to receive the new random-drop upgrade. [/i]
    So ToT & Rockit Mountain...! Interesting... I wonder if the new music track will really be that different in terms of making the ride feel different.
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Banned User

Ill wait for Al Lutz to report...his sources are more reliable.

• Boozer, User, and Loser

if it's the same flight path then how will they make the re-entry tunnel longer? that's what's been confusing me. if i'm correct the old re-entry tunnel took up that whole straight track at the end, so how is the tunnel longer now without redesigning some of the track?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Nothing new in that story. We've been talking about that here for weeks.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

I am proud to say I was one of the last people to ride space mountian before it closed ^_^ I was working space photo that day and was asked after closing down if I wanted one last ride before they shut it down for the re vamp =)
    Evil is lurking behind the matterhorn........ wait, that's just Mickey

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    they made small modifications to make the re-entry tunnel longer...you only have to change a turn into that tunnel by a few degrees to make the tunnel longer, and that small modification does not affect the rest of the track...just that section and its connection to the station. They had been saying all along that the track would be largely identical, with only minor modifications...and that's exactly what we got.
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Banned User

Delaware...hopefully not for that much longer.
    I don't see why this rehab which didnt even have a new track took 2+ years.

I'm not ready to nit-pick yet.... I'm just basking in the glory that will be re-opened Space Mountain. I can't wait to see the new changes, no matter how minute they are. After years of watching DL turn to decay, I'll take whatever improvements I can get!

it does have a new track. The entire queue was redone, the old track and ride elements were removed and the new track was built with new ride effects and the entire building had to be rethemed. It was a lot of work--the only thing that remains of the old version is the actual dome. The new track just happens to have a very similar layout to the old one.

I'm impressed that they will have the stars in the dome exactly as they are in the night sky, thanks to the Hubble telescope. Very nice touch. It's the best planetarium on the planet
    Last edited by pyrateslife4me84; 04-11-2005 at 03:05 PM.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

• Minion

I cant wait to ride it again. I've been having space withdrawls.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    it does have a new track. The entire queue was redone, the old track and ride elements were removed and the new track was built with new ride effects and the entire building had to be rethemed. It was a lot of work--the only thing that remains of the old version is the actual dome. The new track just happens to have a very similar layout to the old one.
    Sure, its a new track... the old track was well.. just that- old. Nevertheless, its the SAME EXACT track layout. Its not similar, its the same.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries
    Well it takes a while, they painted the roof, re-layed a new track, new affects, new lighting, new electric stuff, new everything... these things take time

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Rainicorn.

I haven't ridden SM in so long that I think I'm over-romanticizing it out of nostalgia. w00t!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Sure, its a new track... the old track was well.. just that- old. Nevertheless, its the SAME EXACT track layout. Its not similar, its the same.
    No, it's not the same. There are some small variations, such as the production of a longer re-entry tunnel. Thus, the track layout is similar, not the same.
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast