Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• rebmeM roinuJ

different music playing in disneyland

last october my brother won some tickets to a party at disneyland, from a radio show, and during this party they were playing stuff like AC/DC, Ozzy and other "classic rock". now AC/DC's not my favorite band but id have to say it was pretty cool being in disneyland hearing some regular "radio" music throughout the whole park. have they ever done anything else like this? what would you all think of different music playing? maybe just at certain times of night/ weekends?

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: different music playing in disneyland

I think they only do this for these special or private parties.

No, I would not like current rock (or whatever today's so called "music" is called) in the Park. The music must be themed to the land you are in and they have done a great job of this. Maybe different variations but nothing modern should be playing in Disneyland.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy
    I think they only do this for these special or private parties.

No, I would not like current rock (or whatever today's so called "music" is called) in the Park. The music must be themed to the land you are in and they have done a great job of this. Maybe different variations but nothing modern should be playing in Disneyland.
    i totally agree... ..its more magical with the musica it already has.

• rebmeM roinuJ

not even just for fun? i dont mean all the time. i donno, i thought it was pretty cool for a change of pace.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

I think, like Lost Boy said, it's only for special events and parties. Themed music for the lands is the most appropriate thing otherwise it takes away from the show of the general public. Maybe for DTD, but even then it takes away from what I want for and illusion.

Damn, I must be getting old when AC/DC, Ozzy, et.al. (Judas Priest, Def Leppard, White Snake, etc.) are considered classic rock and simply regular radio. In my time if you listen to these groups you were devil lovers and stoners. Bahahaha, funny how in twenty years you get to listen to it in the elevator.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• rebmeM roinuJ

even back in the day they at least had some bands every now and then. i want to be able to sit back and enjoy a band on the mark twain.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ
    I think, like Lost Boy said, it's only for special events and parties. Themed music for the lands is the most appropriate thing otherwise it takes away from the show of the general public. Maybe for DTD, but even then it takes away from what I want for and illusion.

Damn, I must be getting old when AC/DC, Ozzy, et.al. (Judas Priest, Def Leppard, White Snake, etc.) are considered classic rock and simply regular radio. In my time if you listen to these groups you were devil lovers and stoners. Bahahaha, funny how in twenty years you get to listen to it in the elevator.
    yeah i really want to see whats considered "oldies" in 30 years. wonder what my kids will think of the music i listen to now, and what new stuff will be happening then.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict
    what would you all think of different music playing? maybe just at certain times of night/ weekends?
    No way do I want to hear AC/DC blasting down Main Street! Or any other land in DL! Music should be appropriately themed to each land, as it currently is. I wouldn't mind some new songs yet still keeping with the same feeling.

• rebmeM roinuJ

fine i get it! im WEIRD! and once again i dont mean all day long just in case thats what anyones thinking.

P.S. im not mad or yelling, i just like to use exclamation points.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

yeah i really want to see whats considered "oldies" in 30 years. wonder what my kids will think of the music i listen to now, and what new stuff will be happening then.
    Isn't that the truth, My brother is almost twenty years older than me and grew up in the late sixties. When I went to high school, he laughed at what I was listening to. Then as I got older I got ahold of his records of the Beatles, Fifth Dimension, Beach Boys, etc. and just laughed at what he thought was really cool. But now I go to DCA and hear them and go, wow this is so right, it really fits in with the theme. I guess the real funny thing is how time changes the meaning of the general public. When I was a kid we listen to classic Bach and Beethoven in elevators. Now it's toned down 80's rock. Like you said, I've got two kids aged 5 and 7 and todays music will be oldies to them I'm sure.

Trends are funny things, I'm just glad that Disney has found a way to keep the balance.
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by DLandFansAZ
    When I was a kid we listen to classic Bach and Beethoven in elevators. Now it's toned down 80's rock...
    about a week ago i was in a pretty upscale mall, i mean really upscale, and in the middle of the mall there was a guy in a tux playing a grand piano. as im walking towards it im trying to figure out what he's playing, im thinking this sounds kinda familiar..... and then it just hit me... he was doing a "classical" rendition of Hotel California. yeah. i just laughed and laughed and laughed.

• Junior Senior

I got my fill of pop music at Disneyland during Grad Nite back in 2003...I don't think I'll ever need to experience that again. I learned that I prefer my theme parks themed.

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by crinklebat
    I got my fill of pop music at Disneyland during Grad Nite back in 2003...I don't think I'll ever need to experience that again. I learned that I prefer my theme parks themed.
    my only complaint about the music at this party was that it was like the same 10 songs for 3ish hours.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew

about a week ago i was in a pretty upscale mall, i mean really upscale, and in the middle of the mall there was a guy in a tux playing a grand piano. as im walking towards it im trying to figure out what he's playing, im thinking this sounds kinda familiar..... and then it just hit me... he was doing a "classical" rendition of Hotel California. yeah. i just laughed and laughed and laughed.
    OK, want a prime example of how the old becomes new again, take the MSEP for example. Don Dorsey remixed the classical Baroque Hoedown with Disney classics to create his electronic arrangement of the Main Street Electrical Parade. Quite an inspiration for all of those that love this classic parade. However we meet with form over function and for the specific lands of Disneyland newer forms of music don't always conform to the specific areas of the park.

The music of the parks will evolve, its part of the entertainment. But you are absolutely right, it's funny how we forget how past generations viewed the ones before them once they come of age. Maybe this is why, no matter how old we are, there is a bond in how Disney finds a balance with everyone that visits.

• rebmeM roinuJ

well i was going to reply to that but i cant think of how to word what i want to say. i think you pretty much said it. im not saying theres anything wrong with the music in the park already, not at all, i love disnyland mostly because of the nostalgia (funny lookin word). but i wouldnt mind going to another radio hostedv party. plus there were only about 15,000 people there. we got a pretty good place in line before they re-opened for the party and got on space mountain in about 10 minutes. when we left the ride there was a line about 1.5 football fields long, from the fastpass area! crazy!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast