Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Wink Great Moments with Walt Disney

Here is an idea I thought of the other day and I wanted to see what you guys thought of it. We have all seen "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" and most of have enjoyed the show, especially the newest version they had just before the 50th anniversary show they currently have. What would you guys think of a new show called "Great Moments with Walt Disney". It could be an Audioanimatronic show about the man who started it all. I know some are gasping and crying out that I'm speaking of blasphemy but I think it would be a great show. Most of us never got to meet the man and the only things we have to remember him by are his interviews. We can bring back to "life" a former great president, why not bring back the greatest american of the 20th century? What do you guys thinK? And please give an explanation for your opinions, not just yes or no.

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Great Moments with Walt Disney

Great moments with Walt would work

• rebmeM roinuJ

i donno, im really on the fence with this one. on one hand i really love the story of walt disney and his life, but on the other hand it would be weird for me to see him as an anamatronic character. would he talk about his life story? cause it'd be hard to remaster all the audio to sound the same and you couldnt really have someone "do" his voice. i like the short length documentaries, but AA?

• white and nerdy

On one hand, if anyone deserves their own AA it's Walt Disney.
    On the other hand, it may be wired to see him walking around on stage.
    On the other hand, It would be nice to have the kids become more familiar with the Walt.
    On the other hand, can we get rid of Lincoln?

I don't know... it could work...
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Yeah, I'm not too sure an Animatronic would be a good idea. Too strange, and just seems kind of ...wrong to me for some reason. Audio, video, and documentaries are fine... but I dont think an audio-animatronic would be good.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• insufferable know-it-all

I like it, BUT....

Walt loved Abe Lincoln, so removing Abe for Walt... not so sure about that.

How would the Disney family (especially his daughter and nephew) feel about the company being able to manipulate a walking, talking Walt? Theoretically, they could put any words into his mouth and cut his quotes together to fulfill someone else's vision. Don't know that I'd feel comfortable with strangers trying to recreate any of MY relatives. Walt never did like the idea of the company owning his name, I can only imagine how he'd feel having his image become a company-owned and manipulated AA.

But otherwise, yeah, it'd be a neat idea. Maybe if they could find some quotes of Walt talking about Abe Lincoln, then show the Abe AA? But... eh... I don't know, it's just a tad creepy. Pity, because I'd probably like to see it anyway.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by skratch addict
    i donno, im really on the fence with this one. on one hand i really love the story of walt disney and his life, but on the other hand it would be weird for me to see him as an anamatronic character. would he talk about his life story? cause it'd be hard to remaster all the audio to sound the same and you couldnt really have someone "do" his voice. i like the short length documentaries, but AA?
    I agree...it would be way too creepy to see Walt as an AA IMO. No thanks, I'll stick to seeing old interviews or checking out the Partners statue when I want to see Walt.

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

Can someone verify this; I seem to recall hearing that the Disney family has stated that they would not allow an AA of Walt to be created. Makes sense to me.

• Just this guy......

It is my understanding that Walt's Family has an understanding with company that they will NOT make an Audioanimatronic of Walt.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I don't know if it would be the best idea to replace the Lincoln attraction, but I do think it would be cool to have a Walt Disney AA.

If there were a Walt AA show that took over the Lincoln show it should be called "Great Moments With Mr. Disney" or "Great Moments With Uncle Walt."

This sounds a little creepy. Also, I feel like I saw a joke of exactly this thing in a cartoon like Futurama or something once. It was like Walt was a Parody of himself. not good. ;-)
    Ryborg

•   
    • Minion

Well, this idea had occured to me...

1. I can't rightfully advocate such a change because the original Lincoln with the original audio track was just too darn good. (The rewritten script is NOT as good, and I think is why people stopped seeing the attraction... The story became about you getting a hair cut rather than Lincoln's optimism. - something that we are in desparate need for as a country today.)

2. I get sickened by the company abusing the image of Walt for their own financial gain... I remember the ad campaign image where Walt's non-caporial ghostly head peered down from heaven looking at the park with aproval... UGH!!!!! I can tell you how horrified I was by that image, particularly with the state of Tomorrowland as it is currently, and DCA being across the way.

Now having said those two things... I can imagine such an attraction utilizing the sound track of his existing Disneyland USA and subsequent video bits. I believe one could piece together an audio track utilising athentic quotes... It is possable, it would work? Heck yeah...

But quite frankly I don't trust the company to do it right, even if Lassiter was in charge of the project... I think someone would be appauled by the attraction, and essencially it all too easy to abuse and distort Walt's image, vision and purpose.

Ultimately I would say it was a bad idea, even though I applaud the spirit of why such an idea would be presented...
    Check out my other blog:

• rebmeM roinuJ

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    I remember the ad campaign image where Walt's non-caporial ghostly head peered down from heaven looking at the park with aproval... UGH!!!!!

when was that? thats just dumb! i think im glad i never saw that one! to me it borderlines on disrespectful.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    It is my understanding that Walt's Family has an understanding with company that they will NOT make an Audioanimatronic of Walt.
    It's my understanding that I understand why the family would understand that.

Walt left behind enough recorded material (audio, film, video) to make an AA of him redundant. Why settle for artifice when we can go back to the original material? I'd much prefer to see a "live" Walt introducing "The Wonderful World of Color" than a mechanical Walt spouting his greatest hits.

Count me in the group that's kinda creeped out by the whole idea.

• Once more, with feeling!

Under the blue and pink tarps of the French Market

I've thought about the issue of making Walt an animatronic myself, and I agree with the people who say it will be wierd to be able to manipulate a living Walt Disney.

I've always thought this problem could be solved by putting the AA Walt with other AA people on the stage, for example if the 1955 dedication of Disneyland were to be recreated, have a Walt animatronic surrounded by AAs of generic people watching in the crowd. This takes the focus off of a single animatronic and puts it on the overall scene and experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast