Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Sad No More Ornaments in NOS

Since Pieces of Eight is down, as many of us know, the Pirates merchandise was moved over to La Boutique de Noel...apparently permanently (I guess Disney has planned a lot of new merchandise for PotC). The ornaments have been moved to Fantasyland in a shop called Geppetto's Holiday Workshop.

Now, I love Pirates and all (I mean, look at my avatar!), and I'm very excited about the upcoming events and updates to th attraction, as well as the new movie. But moving the ornament store? I don't know, it kind of makes me sad...New Orleans Square is very charming, and that store was part of the charm IMO (though the prices weren't!). In any case, I have mixed feelings about this. I just hope that this new Pirates merchandise is really good for what they've had to do.

Kind of reminds me of that old perfume shop NOS had (I only saw it in an old recording for The Wonderful World of Disney or something)-does anybody know where this shop was and what replaced it?

Anyhow, your thoughts?

Re: No More Ornaments in NOS

New Orleans Square is my favorite land in any Disney park. I hate to hear they are taking stuff away. And the fact that it is the Christmas ornaments bums me out...because...I collect Christmas ornaments!
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

Well This is only temporary... can you wait a month or two?
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Fight On for ol' SC!

The christmas shop moved back to Fantasyland, not in the castle anymore, but still back in Fantasyland. I liked it better in NOS but atleast it is still around!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

In the early 1980's the Christmas shop was one of the shops in the castle walkway in Fantasyland. That is when I started my collection that continues to grow each trip.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins
    Well This is only temporary... can you wait a month or two?
    Actually, it's not...it's rather permanent.

• Disneyland Freak

^ I'm pretty sure it's not.

The old L'Ornement Magique location has a lot of the displaced ornaments from Botique de Noel. There used to be two christmas ornament shops in New Orleans Square. Once Pieces of Eight reopens all the pirate themed merchandise will be moved back and Botique de Noel will reopen.

At any rate, there are still ornaments in NOS and by all indications there will continue to be ornaments in NOS.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by dlfreak
    ^ I'm pretty sure it's not.

The old L'Ornement Magique location has a lot of the displaced ornaments from Botique de Noel. There used to be two christmas ornament shops in New Orleans Square. Once Pieces of Eight reopens all the pirate themed merchandise will be moved back and Botique de Noel will reopen.

At any rate, there are still ornaments in NOS and by all indications there will continue to be ornaments in NOS.
    My source is MousePlanet...they're saying that Pieces of Eight and La Boutique de Noel (to be re-named) will be filled with Pirates merchandise.

And you're right, I forgot about that smaller shop.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict

Kind of reminds me of that old perfume shop NOS had (I only saw it in an old recording for The Wonderful World of Disney or something)-does anybody know where this shop was and what replaced it?
    I believe it was Le Petite Parfumierie. There is a copy in Tokyo, viewed here.

The smaller shop is solely Radko ornaments and doesn't belong to the company, that's why it's still there. And I think the estate jewelry shop is where the perfume shop used to be.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Since Pieces of Eight is down, as many of us know, the Pirates merchandise was moved over to La Boutique de Noel...apparently permanently (I guess Disney has planned a lot of new merchandise for PotC). The ornaments have been moved to Fantasyland in a shop called Geppetto's Holiday Workshop.

Now, I love Pirates and all (I mean, look at my avatar!), and I'm very excited about the upcoming events and updates to th attraction, as well as the new movie. But moving the ornament store? I don't know, it kind of makes me sad...New Orleans Square is very charming, and that store was part of the charm IMO (though the prices weren't!). In any case, I have mixed feelings about this. I just hope that this new Pirates merchandise is really good for what they've had to do.

Anyhow, your thoughts?
    I was just there last Friday, and I think there's a smaller shop next door that only opens on weekends that sells ornaments in NOS. Or did I imagine this?

• Ian The Fox

I'll have to go check out the new shop in Fantasyland. It's nice that they'll be filling the space in Fantasyland, though, since the building had been empty for some time.
    Woof!

• Disneyland Freak

My source is MousePlanet...they're saying that Pieces of Eight and La Boutique de Noel (to be re-named) will be filled with Pirates merchandise.

And you're right, I forgot about that smaller shop.
    Oh good point, I just read their update. Regardless, they don't seem to sure. I'm willing to bet that it will reopen as the ornament store. Geppetto's seems to be the temporary filler shop lately. When the castle was under refurbishment the shop inside the castle was move to the Geppetto shop. Who knows, it may stay in Fantasyland but I have a hunch it won't. Also, MousePlanet reported...

One uncomfirmed source has suggested that management may be trying to boost Pirates of the Caribbean merchandise over Nightmare Before Christmas merchandise because of the royalty payments required for Nightmare sales.
    I doubt this is a reason. I mean, Disney is still making a profit, and considering they practically dedicated the entire shop to NBC merchandise they are proably quite comfortable with the deal they made to licensing. Just a hunch.
    Joey AKA "dlfreak"
    www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
    If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
    Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

• Faith Trust & Pixie Dust

Quote Originally Posted by marron-cream
    And I think the estate jewelry shop is where the perfume shop used to be.
    The perfume shop was located across from the glass shop. It is now the Estate jewelry shop. I noticed on the building it acknowledges the old One of Kind Shop where Le Bat is now.

The current Pirates was a kitchen shop before the Christmas ornaments. And the Pin shop was the hat shop! My have things changed in the square in the last 13 years......
    Laughter is timeless -- Imagination has no age -- And dreams are forever

• Banned User

My sources say the shop "Treasures" is only temp, and that Pieces of Eight is expanding into the old courtyard between it and LE Bat. The store will be about double in size, and really needs to be to hold everything. I'm sure you noticed that pirates is in almost every store, and every land, and in DCA.
    I really hate this, but we have no say as venders, as to where in the park they put our stuff.
    Scott

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast