Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

(complaints about 'toon' themed rides) Enough is Enough!

ok, im sick of it already!

all of you guys who whine and complain about the cartoon themes drive me crazy!

i go and look at a sub lagoon construction thread and the first response i see is " oh no! not another cartoon attraction!" and act as if you'd rather just let the lagoon or any other ride for that matter just sit there left to rot away!
    first off, shouldnt we all be happy that they are actually bringing the lagoon back to life? but i see you guys do this with every other cartooned theme attraction that opens. the reason they do these cartoon themes isnt because they think its going to be way cooler than some unique ride theme, but rather because they want to bring us the best ride possible. when disney does some cartoon theme, lets say pixar, they get sponsored by pixar to do the ride, which means bigger budget, better technology, better ride. so i really dont mind the nemo/sub overlay, heck, i might even like it.

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Pixar doesn't sponser the ride. Part of the distribution agreement Disney has with Pixar allows Diney full rights to licensing of Pixar characters. So just to correct the argument, Disney gets no extra money to theme a ride towards Pixar, although this also means they don't pay anything for the use of the characters either.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Know More Than You Should

Well, I do agree with you, especially for a company built upon cartoons and animation, but we must respect those with different opnions.

• Gay Man

Quote Originally Posted by grantmaier687

i go and look at a sub lagoon construction thread and the first response i see is " oh no! not another cartoon attraction!" and act as if you'd rather just let the lagoon or any other ride for that matter just sit there left to rot away!
    I'm not sure anyone wants to see the lagoon, Big Thunder Ranch or any other underutilized area of the park sit stagnant, but those of us who are older remember when there were new attractions that were wonderfully unique ideas. There's something to be said for the first time you ride a well-themed, unique attraction like Pirates or Mansion that was imagineered from an idea as opposed to just rehashing a film. Personally, I don't mind the "film" attractions as long as they are mixed in with something new and different. Sadly, Disney hasn't done that in a while. I know I miss the creativity that goes into a new experience.

• For old time sake

I agree with Not Afraid. We already know the story of the movie. Why do we need to make it into a ride??? Shoot, they can come up with new adventures for Aladdin and release it on DVD to make millions, why not try it on a ride??? It's like, no one has any sort of imagination anymore!!!!
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Disney used to make family rides that were fun for the whole family, not just the little kiddies. I don't mind a Buzz Lightyear or two, but when almost ALL of the new rides are cartoons, it is just too much.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Resident Neuroscientist

on a college campus for the rest of my life
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Disney used to make family rides that were fun for the whole family, not just the little kiddies. I don't mind a Buzz Lightyear or two, but when almost ALL of the new rides are cartoons, it is just too much.
    I wouldn't say Buzz is designed only for kids. It's great for adults, too...such a fun ride!
    -Kyle, Member of the DCA Lovers Alliance
    I'M GOING TO YALE!!!!!!!

okay pixar's a bad example, but you get the idea

I think its all a matter of taste. The cartoon theme can enhance a good attraction, or make it really, really tacky. We the Disney elite love an original attraction that has nothing to do with a film. To the general public though, its confusing why some rides dont have anything to do with movies.(My friends always ask where the Tiki Room Birds are from.) Keep in mind these are the same people who think Shrek and Robots are Disney movies. (75% of those Ive talked to!!!) The best we can hope for in the future is that we get an original attraction that has cartoon "ambassadors" that fit the theme, but dont necessarly retell their story.

• Reaver of Souls

After only 7 posts? Short fuse, eh?

If that's all it takes to drive you crazy, it must not be a long drive...

Everyone has their own opinion. Some express it more passionately than others, but as this is a public board, they're free to express it. If you don't agree, don't read it. Or ignore it. Just don't try to censor it...
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Minion

No one is really THAT upset over the Finding Nemo overlay, we just don't see how it fits in TL. Atlantis would have been cooler/darker/better suited/etc. Imagine if they would ahve made Space Mountain Trasure Planet or something... I'm glad it's coming back, but they better not make Disneyland a giant Chuck E' Cheese (Where A Kid Can Be A Kid), Adults love Disneyland just as much as kids do, and guess who's paying all the moola... that's right. All in all I blame the kids!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I too wish Disney would do more in the live action realm. The last couple items were Star Tours and Indiana Jones. Since the late 80's, we got Tarzan Treehouse , Pooh, Buzz, ALL of Toontown with the characters houses and Roger Rabbit's ride.

Yes, we have seen an over toonization of DL. We just need a little balance in the other direction. It wouldn't have to be movie related. HM and Pirates weren't. Not all fantasy is in the Toon Realm.

• Where's my other cent?

I don't mean to beat a dead horse, but has anyone noticed how the most popular attractions at Disneyland have nothing to do with some movie? Space Mountain, Pirates, Matterhorn, HM, they weren't movies turned into rides. Some were good enough to have movies based on them. I love the cartoon rides too, (Peter Pan is one of my favorites) but it would be sweet if WDI could come up with a ride that's great totally on its own.

The best example I can think of to back up your point is the Country Bears vs the Pooh ride.

I agree with the very bad need to come up with some original rides, BUT...

Every single kid I know LOVES Nemo. My son is only 2, and has never really watched the movie, but he see's a picture or stuffed animal version and NEMO NEMO NEMO! The real key is finding the magic for young and old. Painted cardboard won't do that (or either will plastic :-)

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by pyrateslife4me84
    I wouldn't say Buzz is designed only for kids. It's great for adults, too...such a fun ride!
    I actually agree 100%. Buzz is a really great new attraction, and kids can enjoy it JUST as much as the adults. My three year old sister got 4000 points on it! XD And my mom said she really seemed to enjoy it. It's very interactive. Although I wish it was more than cardboard cutouts myself. If they spent just a little more to make that ride beautiful from every angle like Pirates, it would be perfect.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast