Anyone else miss the chicken and potato's?

Just curious - did any of you eat the garlic chicken and mashed potato's at the corner place in front of POTC/Tarzan? I LOVED that dish, and when I went a few weeks ago it was off the menu.

The lady apologized and said they changed the many a month or so back. The combo was sooooooo good.

Anyone know where I could write/email to complain?

thanks

• CM for 4 years!

If you're talking about the River Belle Terrace like I think you are, all I can recommend is that you call the Disney Dining line and ask to speak to a manager or senior chef or something. Here's the number.

714-781-DINE

But then again, I don't know that it would change anything :|

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits
    The restaurant you are referring to is River Belle Terrace, and that must be what they removed when they added the ribs to the menu.

Some Efficiency Ex-Spurt they hired has this ridiculous idea that the Guests heads will explode if they have over six entree choices to pick from at any one location so they have to remove one to add one. That, or they don't want to have too many leftovers at the end of the night, I can't figure out the logic myself...

They need to start rotating new menu items in occasionally, people DO get bored with Chicken Fusilli and Cobb Salads. And if we're getting bored eating it, the people working there must be going positively bug-nutty making the same stuff week after week...

The Switchboard is 714/781-4000 Go look at the official Disneyland site for the E-mail response form, or the mailing address. The street address is 1313 S. Harbor Blvd., but they have a PO Box address that it's all supposed to be sent to.

--<< Bruce >>--

• Rainicorn.

I love having breakfast there. I've never had lunch or dinner there, though!
    Well, light travels from the sun. Then, bounces off of our planet, and back into our eyes so we can perceive color. My body can intercept that light and dance around on it!

-- robotarmada.net --

• Minion

Hehe, a few months ago I was in line at the Grand Gibson or Gibson Girl or whatever and this woman threw a fit when she saw Fantasia was gone.

This has little to do with your post. But I hope you behaved yourself as many people forget that the people working the counters have nothing to do with it.

• CM for 4 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle
    Hehe, a few months ago I was in line at the Grand Gibson or Gibson Girl or whatever and this woman threw a fit when she saw Fantasia was gone.

This has little to do with your post. But I hope you behaved yourself as many people forget that the people working the counters have nothing to do with it.
    I was kinda happy when I saw they got rid of it. Even seeing the description of its contents grossed me out!

Thanks for the info everyone. I'm afraid you're right, that it won't do much good, but the memory of that meal after a long day pushing the stroller might make me call :-)

I never used to do that, but having a really nice meal now seems to end the day and start the night right. Before I would just get pizza, but now I really enjoy some quality unique food.

• Senior Minion

For us, we generally want to sit down for a decent evening meal after having run around the park all day long. Which is what makes DCA so frustrating...

I think this next trip, we'll actually get to try BB, which should be fun.

[Countdown=&day=18&month=5&year=2005&hour=9&min=0&s ec=0] We have this much longer to wait![/countdown]

• Lord of the Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by robotpirates
    I love having breakfast there. I've never had lunch or dinner there, though!
    I've given up on this place for breakfast. The lines are horrible because they only open one side and the food is cold by the time you get it to the table.

Carnation Cafe. Much better.

Eat meat. Your daddy sez it's good for ya.

• Still wants to be a cat!

You can get Chicken Six Feet Under during the Haunted Holidays, very similar to what you are talking about. Chicken Legs, in mashed potatoes, covered in a jerk sauce and topped with onion thingies! Look for it then.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Leave 'em wanting more!

Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    Just curious - did any of you eat the garlic chicken and mashed potato's at the corner place in front of POTC/Tarzan? I LOVED that dish, and when I went a few weeks ago it was off the menu.

The lady apologized and said they changed the many a month or so back. The combo was sooooooo good.

Anyone know where I could write/email to complain?

thanks

This may sound sacrilegious, but if you want Theme Park chicken... then I would recommend Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant. It's famous, cheaper and much better... plus Snoopy is near by!!!
    ~ Tasty, yet morally ambiguous! ~