• Wishing I was at the DLR!

1 Day Trip Report!

We did it! I made the one day trek down to DL on 5/22/06 for my 40th birthday! Our flight arrived at SNA at 7:30am. We deplaned and headed over to ground transportation to get our cab to DL. It was raining cats & dogs on our drive over to DL, by the time we made it to the Silver section of the Transportation center at DL, it was a light drizzle.

It took us 10 minutes to get through security, went to the ticket booth got our DL tickets, and went into DL at approximately 8:30am! We then headed to go get a locker to store our shorts, and other accoutrements for later. Then I went and got my birthday sticker!

We headed over to NOS, and rode HM! There was no wait time, so we swiftly made it to our Doombuggy! I really liked the updated attic. The Bride looks really spooky! Since there was no wait, I rode a couple of more times...

We then went over to the River Belle Terrace for breakfast. We both ordered the Mark Twain (scrambled eggs, country potatoes, biscuit, and choice of bacon or sausage), it was yummy! We sat inside and watched the people as they passed by in the light rain. After our meal we rode the HM again!

We then rode IJA. My husband was pouting because he never gets to be the driver, I told him maybe this time... but he still sulked. When we made to the front of the line, low and behold he got dive - a birthday miracle (took only 6 years happen!). Needless to say, he was thrilled! He has a question regarding IJA, did the steering wheel move around at one time? I didn't think it did, anyone know?

After IJA, we went to Fantasyland to ride what would be the ride with the longest line of the day. Peter Pan's Flight! We waited 15 minutes for our flight! Which was better than the 90 minutes we did once before... Then went on to ride Snow White's Scary Adventure. I rubbed the brass apple as I entered, heard the lightening, and the Evil Queen laughing! We then went on Pinocchio's Daring Journey - boy it was mighty daring... hee, hee, hee... I went on the Mad Tea Party (teacups) by myself, as husband does not like to spin. We finished Fantasyland with a ride on the Matterhorn Bobsleds!

We had lunch at Rancho del Zocalo, we both had the chicken tostada salads! Was it just us, or did the salads get smaller? I believe they are much smaller now, usually the salads are so filling, we don't need to eat for at least a few hours, but not his time...We also noticed they now add fajita style veggies to the salads as well.

After lunch we headed over to IJA again, and afterwards, we rode the Jungle Cruise. While on JC, we saw a bunch of baby ducks resting on a rock. The other thing I noticed was the piranhas were not working? Oh well, maybe next trip.

We headed over to Main Street to do some shopping, and get me a Corndog from the Corndog Cart, and hubby some popcorn. Corndog was good, but not as good as the one I had from the Corndog Castle at DCA!

Then went back to NOS to ride HM, got in line then we were told the ride was shut down temporarily. So we decided to take a round-trip on the DLRR. It was very pleasant, the Sailing Ship Columbia was sailing - it never seems to be sailing in the winter months, so it was nice to see it moving. Got back to NOS, HM was still closed, so we walked around NOS checking out all the shops. By the time we were done HM had re-opened! We went on a couple of more times.

At 5 pm, we had dinner at the River Belle Terrace, I had the Plantation Grilled Chicken Salad (I just love this salad!), and hubby had Tom's Turkey Sandwich. After dinner, we went on BTMRR. We walked down to Critter Country to go to Pooh Corner so I could get a couple of bags of Chip & Dale jerky.

We took one last ride on HM, then went to the locker to get our bag. We headed out of the park at 6:45 to get our cab back to SNA to catch our 8:20pm flight home. Yes, I was a little tired, but it was totally worth it! I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

• rebmeM roinuJ

Re: 1 Day Trip Report!

i used to doubt one day trips, but after reading that it just sounds awesome. i mean cmon, a day at disneyland! you're at disneyland, you cant have a bad time, its against the rules..... i mean impossible! sounds like you had a good time.

• A New Kind Of Villain

Quote Originally Posted by Angelica Gracey
    We then rode IJA. My husband was pouting because he never gets to be the driver, I told him maybe this time... but he still sulked. When we made to the front of the line, low and behold he got dive - a birthday miracle (took only 6 years happen!). Needless to say, he was thrilled! He has a question regarding IJA, did the steering wheel move around at one time? I didn't think it did, anyone know?
    Yep, they did years ago. At least, I clearly remember they did when I went to the park back in '97.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• Neep meep beep

Wow ... how was the rain? I think it was raining pretty heavy later in the day, no?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

You lucky duck you!

Happy Birthday by the way!

Quote Originally Posted by Frogberto
    Wow ... how was the rain? I think it was raining pretty heavy later in the day, no?
    Actually, it was mostly light showeres, and all rain stopped at about 10:30am. It turned out to be a great day!

• Banned User

WOW a one day trip? where did you come from? I could not imagine doing one day, did you fly from a close by city not to far away ?

• Minion

Which of the 3 doors did you get when you rode IJA? Future, Riches, or Youth? Look at my avatar if you want...it has the picture of the three doors.

• Pie > Cake

He has a question regarding IJA, did the steering wheel move around at one time? I didn't think it did, anyone know?
    I was there for the Passholder Preview for all the soft openings (ya I know I had nothing to do back then lol) The steering wheels have never moved. If they did some one on broke them lol. You can even see in the ride safety file when the guy is driving he is just moving his hands over a stationary wheel.
    "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid."
    - Soren Aabye Kierkegaard (1813-1855)

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    WOW a one day trip? where did you come from? I could not imagine doing one day, did you fly from a close by city not to far away ?
    We live in the costal town of Santa Cruz California, we flew out of San Jose. It's only an hour to fly to SNA, versus a 5 to 6 hour drive (depending what a speed demon you are!).

It was not bad at all, plenty of time to do lots of things! I'd do it again...

•   
    • Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Angelica Gracey

Disney made it for safety the Steering wheel will not move.
    Just think if the Steering wheel move someone may brake there hands or arm.
    At any time the steering did not move.
    AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day șoș 2010
    Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
    Older photo
    New Photo

Member of
    MiceChat WDW Trip
    Next trip
    2014 Feb 8-9

You have inspired me! Sounds great