Disneyland Marathon

Hello Mice Chat world, I have been reading the boards and of course the updates for years now but this is my first post so please have patience with me if I mess anything up. We have a trip planned for the week of Sep. 10-16 with my wife, two boys age 7 (a Disneyland veteran already) and our 1yr old (his first trip and who will be a month short of two). We have already changed it about 5 times so this is it. Since 9/11 is a sad day as well as my birthday we figured it would be great to spend it at the Happiest Place. But now I am reading that its the same week as the marathon and am worried about the crowds. We expect crowds but were trying to limit them as much as possible. Anyone out there know how the crowds are for this or I am looking too much into this? Thanks for your help.

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

Re: Disneyland Marathon

Well, the race on Sunday morning (early) is thru the parks, so that will require a slightly later opening for both parks on the 17th, and Disney has planned events starting Friday. With September being the last month of the 50th, and driving locals to attend one more time before it goes away, I think all of September will be busy. I think you will be OK, just go and have fun!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Thank you Darkbeer for your quick response but I am confused by one thing. One of the reasons we changed it from December to September and not November was because I thought the 50th celebration was ending in November? I very well could be wrong and am in no way questioning you

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

^ Disney changes its mind all the time...

The current "official" comment from Guest Relations is that the 50th will end in late September.

This is more than likely to match up with a rumored Halloween decor and new Halloween Fireworks to start September 29th, and then followed by Christmas Fireworks and related events on November 10th.

Also, WDW wants the 50th to end, so they can start to celebrate their own 35th anniversary.

Of course, all the above info is ALSO subject to change.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com