• Could care less

0 0%
  • Love it but cant wait for it to end

39 46.43%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: 50th Love it or Hate it???

Quote Originally Posted by Goofster
    With the 50th slowly coming to an end did you love it or hate it? Sure the decorations and all the new merchandise were great. The park getting lots of love from paint to new attractions was awesome too. Celebrating 50 years of Walts dream coming to life was something Ill never forget as well. But what about the massive amounts of people who yes keep the park finnacially going but also make the park way more crowded. Also what about AP rates at hotels, those are few and far between this year because massive attendance, means massive amounts of people staying on property which means really expensive hotel rates.Im kinda stuck on the fence here because I love seeing the park get the love it deserves but sometimes the amount of people hinders the magic.What do you all think?
    I agree with you, Goofster! The 50th Anniversary was fantastic with the new parades, fireworks, and attractions. I still have yet, to see Block Party Bash or the new Monsters Inc attraction. I plan to return very soon and I hope to catch these during my visit. I also agree about the overcrowding as I get anxiety attacks when being in the masses of people after fireworks or Fantasmic! In addition, I was happy and lucky enough to get my golden ears and that wonderful Musical History of Disneyland box set. IMO, those are the best souvenirs duiring this celebration and worth every penny.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • back to basics

I love the 50th, everything about it, but by the time the end of summer rolls around, I'll be able to accept that it's time has passed. I already look back on the actual day with fondness, and I look forward to looking back on the whole celebration with the same fondness years from now.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

• 0 to 200 mph in 1 second!

I agree as well; I've loved every minute of the 50th. The crowds, well, they just come with the package.

The length of the celebration has always made me raise an eyebrow as well. But, if you think about it, the 18 months really makes a lot of sense. It would be different if the actual "birthday" didn't fall in the middle of summer, in which case they could spend some time taking down all the gold and glitter. From a logistics standpoint its a lot more reasonable just to leave everything up until the summer crowds go away, even if that means the anniversary is a bit long. More 50th memories for us; I can live with that!

• Banned User

Hated it 2 snaps back...........................

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla

Hated it 2 snaps back...........................
    Excuse me while I lift my jaw back into place for it fell quite a bit when you said that. How unfortunate you feel this way about all the beautiful decorations and new parades and the fireworks.

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Re: 50th Love it or Hate it???

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaLover
    I agree, I hope they keep things up around the park the way they have done through the 50th celebration. I visited in the summer of 2001 and was so disappointed to see how dirty and run down some of the areas had become (Snow White's Scary Adventure was one that comes readily to mind since I recall it having quite a bit of old trash in some of the que areas). When I had the grand opportunity to visit again this past Christmas I was SO happy to see just how grand everything looked.

In my opinion, I really loved the celebration for a number of reasons. First off, as most of you have mentioned, they really went gung-ho on sprucing everything up and making sure it was all in working order. Next, I don't get to visit DL on a regular basis so for me to go during the celebration was really incredible. For you lucky AP holders, you have the privilege of visiting more frequently but for a lot of people they have to plan for a year or more on when they will be able to make the long trek to the Happiest Place on Earth. I think with the prolonged anniversary celebration, more people will be able to experience it than if it was a one-day event or even a few months. This makes people like me happy but people like the AP holders not so much (which I can understand and I am sure if I was an AP holder I would share your feelings). Finally, I think the celebration was good to bring attention to everyone that Disneyland is really special out of all the parks because it is the original and the blueprint for all the others. I know some of the other parks have bigger lots, faster rides, and more options but for me there is nothing like where it all was started.

Yes I have to say I agree with this post 100% because I had planned to go to disneyland last summer for the 50th and my mom got really really mad at me... so when I found out the 50th was still on you wouldn't belive how happy I was. I haven't just planned this for a year or 2, it's been on my mind for 30 years... you have to remember ( some of you) that some people have never had the chance to come to Disneyland. So I am so so so happy. I can't miss the 50th it's something that needs to be in my life.

I am so happy the park looks amazing and I love the look of the blinged out special castle.

It means I get to see Disneyland at it's best, and that makes me so happy

from jeff

• Banned User

Mission B.C. Canada!!!!!!!! Off to California!!!!!!!!!

Thumbs up Re: 50th Love it or Hate it???

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-SmallWorld CM
    I agree with you, Goofster! The 50th Anniversary was fantastic with the new parades, fireworks, and attractions. I still have yet, to see Block Party Bash or the new Monsters Inc attraction. I plan to return very soon and I hope to catch these during my visit. I also agree about the overcrowding as I get anxiety attacks when being in the masses of people after fireworks or Fantasmic! In addition, I was happy and lucky enough to get my golden ears and that wonderful Musical History of Disneyland box set. IMO, those are the best souvenirs duiring this celebration and worth every penny.
    Ya I think I will get the golden ears and the musical history set as well

How much are they and is the music set worth it?

from Jeff

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by JeffLUVZAriel
    Ya I think I will get the golden ears and the musical history set as well

How much are they and is the music set worth it?

from Jeff
    The disc set is soooooooooooooooooo worth it. I made an mp3 disc of all the cd's so I can hear it whenever I want without having to worry about the original cd's getting damaged. The book is nice too. I have yet to hear the golden record but I'm not going to open it either... Must have for any Disney fan!

• Banned User

The 50th was great, but I'm sick of the gold and the insane crowds.

It should go on July 16th respectively.

But, of course Disney wants to suck up as much money as possible, so that won't happen.

Like I said, it was nice, but I'm not going to miss it - I miss the "plain" castle (but keep the beautiful finish).

I just hope that when it *does* go, that Disney doesn't do what Eisner did and just let the park again fall into terrible disrepair- luckily I don't think that's going to happen

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

I love the crowns on the castle, not so crazy about the sheets draped across the front.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• Senior Minion

The 50th was great, but a little too long. And I can see why the locals don't want it going into (what normally would be) the slow seasons like it did this year. I can remember so many complaints about that. The reality is the time frame for some folks may not have worked out conveniently too visit. Yeah it's unfair but life goes on for those who missed it.
    It was a great thing for the park, because some of the upkeep has vastly improved since my first revisits in 2003.

The only thing many have wondered, is the park going to start to backslide when it is over? Yeah new attractions are coming in sure, but what's next?
    I'm a little pessimistic about the after-effects of the big celebration.
    Look forward to seeing the castle return to normal with maybe some slight changes to the outside color.

With Matt Ouimet at the helm, hopefully they won't backslide.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

When you love the Magic, you take it any way you can get it. For better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness, in health, till death do us part.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Excuse me while I lift my jaw back into place for it fell quite a bit when you said that. How unfortunate you feel this way about all the beautiful decorations and new parades and the fireworks.
    AWWWW I MEANT TO SAY i HATED THE CROWDS AND SUCH. i DID NOT SEE THE PARADES BUT THE FIREWORKS WERE AWSOME!! DO NOT WORRY, THE 50TH WAS COOL, JUST NOT THE CROWDS AND THE STILL CONTINUING CROWDS. OTHER THEN THAT EVERYTHING WAS AWSOME, THE CROWNS, THE GOLD, ETC.

• Zero Blockout Dates

I just really like seeing the park restored and looking in the best shape it has for years. If that's because of the 50th then I love it, but I'm hoping it's also the new (original) standard of the park. When it's cleaned, polished and looking like it has this year it really is one of the most Magical places on the planet.
    IMO - YMMV - FYIGM

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

I wonder if the crowds will come, even when the 50th is over..

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast