Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Hooterville, USA

Re: Does HOney I Shrunk The Audience ever change???

I laugh when I read that HISTA is old and boring. What ride at DL isn't old? How many times can you ride anything before it's considered old? Leave HISTA alone and worry more about TL's lack of drawing power.

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

The FUNNY part about HISTA is when the kid picks up the audience, the theater is FULL! You look around and there's like...12 people actually watching.

Cracks me up!

But I still like this show!
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 05-27-2006 at 11:23 AM.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    I'm not wasting my precious Disneyland time on such a dumb film!
    In this particular situtation, all I can say is - you are doing the right thing. The movie is just a bunch of scenes thrown together, with special effects that, although look cool the first few times you see them (1 or 2 times), they just become annoying and boring.

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Professortango
    Tough to be a Bug is far superior using the same idea, but the show isn't horrid, in fact it is still good.
    Maybe it's just me, but I can't stand watching Though to be a Bug. It scares me, creeps me, and makes me want to run out of the theatre. That exact same reason is why my wife *loves* to take me there...

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    I would have preferred getting The Timekeeper in the former Circle-Vision 360 theatre than "Honey". The Timekeeper was based on a fanciful and clever idea that actually fit Tomorrowland.

In developing a replacement for "Honey, I Shrunk the Audience", Imagineering should really exercise its imagination and come-up with something off-the-wall.

Well, they've got all the equipment left over from Timekeeper at Orlando, just rerecord a dialogue with some different voice actors and they could make neat again. I sure if the put circular walls at HISTA they could make an easy new attraction.

But I agree that the WDI should put some effort into a new film. Hopefully with the new blood there they'll make an imersing film with all the elements (action adventure romance comedy etc) that will have people come back again and again

I just hope it isn't a 3D film related to any film or tv show...

Cool Re: Does HOney I Shrunk The Audience ever change???

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta
    In this particular situtation, all I can say is - you are doing the right thing. The movie is just a bunch of scenes thrown together, with special effects that, although look cool the first few times you see them (1 or 2 times), they just become annoying and boring.
    HISTA is just one "oops" after another

• Sgt Pepper's Cardiologist

Smile Re: Does HOney I Shrunk The Audience ever change???

I started this thred and it still took me 20 minutes to figure out what HISTA meant.... I need sleep!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Honey, I Shrunk The Audience does change. It gets worse with every viewing!

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardcombat
    OFF TOPIC! SEE ABOVE! I for one would love to see a Hitchhiker's 3-D show in place of Honey. They wouldn't even necessarily need any of the actors. They could just get Alan Rickman to record some lines and trot out a midget in the Marvin suit.
    Ok... I finally saw "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" because of all the times that the film has been mentioned on MiceChat. And, I was actually impressed in a good way.

I've never listened to the radio series or read the books, and I have no other familiarity with the franchise. But, I liked the unique, satirical tone of the story and the imaginativeness of Adams' universe.

Existentalism was never so delightful, fun, and Disneyesque. And, any film that shows dolphins singing a Broadway showstopper about the end of the Earth is potentially bordering on genius.

I am a sucker, though, for stories that play with epistemology.

The film has a Terry Gilliam-Jim Henson sensibility that also worked for me, but the sheer weirdness and unconventionality of the thing might be off-putting to many people. I wonder if Disney ever considered releasing it under the "Walt Disney Pictures" banner.

I also noticed on I.M.D.B. that some people were offended by the more agnostic depiction of the universe that the film seemingly presents. These people lack intellectual honesty, though. However, Disney probably wants to avoid raising the ire of the more simple-minded or close-minded of religious fundamentalists. (I happen to subscribe to non-denominational Protestantism, myself, and I found no problem with the film.)

Kenneth Grahame and Mark Twain had their own satire of organized religion and other institutions, as did Walt Disney, himself, but no one is picketing Mr. Toad's Wild Ride or Tom Sawyer Island. I'm not so sure a "Hitchhiker's" attraction would not invite some kind of controversy, though.

In any case, I agree that "Hitchhiker's" should be represented in Tomorrowland, even if only by way of its area music.
    Last edited by PragmaticIdealist; 05-28-2006 at 07:51 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234